Double Knight Rider Connection

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Double Knight Rider Connection

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:44 am

Doing some poking around upcoming movie news-sites and I saw the website for the movie "Stealth" which will be released late July. It is about a an AI Stealth Jet that goes haywire and has to be stopped before it begins a nuclear war.

So aside from the fact that it is about a self-aware AI, the film is directed by Rob Cohen, (xXx, Fast and the Furious) who was the executive producer of Knight Rider 2010.

Useless info, but still kinda cool, a direct connection and indirect all in one.

-Scott

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:04 am

Similar to the KR episode- "The Wrong Crowd". I have also prepared a synopsis on the same theme for an Airwolf episode, where a classified robot aircraft is stolen, then reprogrammed to attack key locations by a group of spies.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:05 am

I saw something a while back about this movie. It sounds pretty cool but I always hate to see the AI as the bad guy.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:12 pm

Outside of KITT, Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation, and the Emergency Medical Hologram in Star Trek: Voyager, I can't think of any other AIs that were good guys. Of course, I haven't seen many movies or watched much TV lately. I'd love to know of other good-guy AIs.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:15 pm

Now that I think of it, yeah there were quite a few Good Sci-Fi AIs, not just in KR or Star Trek, but Buck Rogers in the 21st Century also had a couple good-guy robots. Dr. Theopolis and his drone Twiki, Crichton (The flat-head robot). Then there's the cartoon Rosie in The Jetsons. I guess there's quite a number of them. :)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:47 pm

What about the androids in Star Wars? They had AI's that were good guys.

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:14 pm

A few monthes ago, I saw the trailer for 'Stealth' and immediately knew it was going to pop up on KRO sooner or later.

Apparently, the way the AI goes bad is (DUN DUN DAAA) he's struck by a bolt of lightnning. Ignoring the fact that an electical charge would most likely destroy the AI's circuits, it's directly lifted from 'Short Circuit'. Except Johnny Number Five didn't try to kill the populace of an entire city.
Last edited by Phoenix915 on Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:24 pm

Skav wrote:What about the androids in Star Wars? They had AI's that were good guys.
I forgot about those. LOL! Guess because while I watched a couple Star Wars movies as a kid, I never really got 'into' it. But you're right, C3PO and R2D2 come to mind here. ;)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:15 pm

Phoenix915 wrote:Except Johnny Number Five didn't try to kill the populace of an entire city.
Oh geeze I totally forgot about Johnny Five! I used to love him when I was kid. Heck I still love him! :D He's definitely a good guy! He was actually programmed to originally be a war machine until the freak lightning strike made him go good. It's the reverse case compared to Stealth.

I was actually going to mention another AI if you can call it that. The Gadgetmobile in the Inspector Gadget movie. The car actually had eyeballs instead of head lights. :?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:48 pm

How about "Peebo" I think it was, that square like robot with red lighted head and star-like lights in it's torso that was on the Saturday Kid's Shows, one called "Space Academy"? Anyone remember him? :)

And can Herbie count? But then again maybe not as he wasn't really computerized. He was well... Herbie. ;)

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:50 am

AND that stupid robot in that horrible movie, "Bicentennial Man." I hate movies where the robot is "good, and tries to be human," because they're all the same, and the same that they are is BORING and DUMB. Now, I LOOOVE movies where the robot goes bad, because even though they're all the same, the same that they are is COOL. I want to see "Stealth" BAD. Robot goes evil? Awesome.
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

FIGHT the quest for Season 2 - spare us the trash!!

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:31 am

Let us also not forget Crow and Tom Servo from MST3K,my personal gurus(heh,heh).
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:50 pm

What about the robot from Lost in Space?

Or Bender from Futurama?

Both slightly irritating, but neither evil (well, Bender maybe....)

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:09 pm

And how about Alpha from Power Rangers.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I just said that... :shock:

-Scott

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:10 pm

Ohh ooh-- and let's not forget the AI's of all AI's...

The ones from the movie... AI!

-Scott

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:48 pm

I never saw AI but wish I had (hopefully MovieLink may have it some day?) Was the AI in that movie actually the good guy? I was looking at trailers and it seemed like they were hunting the AI for being a murderer or something. Without spoiling the ending, was the AI actually good or bad?

Another one I'd like to see sometime is I Robot. :)

Paul - Bender was a good guy, just a little more "human" than most robot characters I've seen on TV. ;)

Oh, and what about Marvin the Depressed Android from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? (Which the movie just recently also came out!) He wasn't bad. Just depressed. :)

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:04 pm

Don't forget PRISM from the Infocom Game "A Mind Forever Voyaging".

What? You've never heard of it? :lol:

http://www.atariarchives.org/cfn/12/02/0035.php

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:45 am

I spent WAY too much time there! LOL! I never had an Atari computer. We had the Atari 2600 with the BASIC programming cartridge which basically did nothing much. :? My parents had a TRS-80 Model III with cassette and 16K memory. I think they paid like $1,000 new for it. :shock: I had at one time several Tandy Color Computers: Two 3's and a 2b. I also had a Timex Sinclair 1000 with cassette interface and a TRS-80 PC-4 Pocket computer, as well as a Tandy 1100FD laptop (no hard drive even!) and a Tandy 1200HD (10Mb RFM Hard drive which crashed track 0 (parking track) when I accidentally dropped it at Radio Shack when bringing it in for a friend to find out why the Trident 256 color card wasn't working in it (I had to order a BIOS/DOS upgrade then it worked). At one time, I had actually 7 computers! Now I only have the one and it's my "everything" machine - SO much more powerful than any of them put together.

Amazing how technology has progressed since Knight Rider was aired. :)

Oh and did we get off topic here? Sorry. :oops: