Season 2 Problems

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

coach41
Recruit

Season 2 Problems

Post by coach41 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:25 am

Hi All,

Got my season 2 set from Target about 3 to 4 weeks ago. I went through a few of my favorite episodes (Goliath, Goliath Returns) and was fairly happy with the set. I've been going through some of the other episodes recently as well.

However, tonight I noticed a fairly major problem. Namely, Disc 1 - Side B is NOT playable. It would not load in my DVD player. Just to be sure, I checked out Disc 1 - Side A and it worked fine.

To double check, I popped Disc 1 - Side B into my computer and it didn't play either. It returned some error message regarding a "Missing Key" or something to that effect.

Just curious if anyone's had this problem.

Also curious if anyone's noticed this other problem? I believe it's with the episode "Goliath". The first few minutes are rather "jumpy" and seem to be messed up.

The rest of the episode was fine so I wasn't going to return the DVD set. However, given the potential problems with Disc 1 - Side B, I may be returning the set afterall.

Please let me know what you folks think! Thanks!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:33 am

You have two options...you can just return the whole package and get a new one. Or you can test all the disks both side A and B...to find out which ones are faulty, then return just the disks.

If you opt to return the whole set, you will be obliged to test them again, and you can always return it again for an exchange if by some chance some other faults emerge.

knightshade
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightshade » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:40 am

Sounds like you should just return the set and get a new one. A couple of other people have posted about getting a bum set of DVDs. It seems to happen from time to time.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:51 am

"Missing key" sounds like either the CDs are at fault or your software that plays DVDs might also be not recognizing/saving the key(s). You might want to also check using different software. I use Nero Showtime (came with my DVD burner), but you could try also RealPlayer or Windows Media player. I think those have options to play DVDs as well.