What year model to buy?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

scruba
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What year model to buy?

Post by scruba » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:59 pm

I am researching which year model Firebird to purchase and could use your help. :)

There are a few '83 - '85 models available cheap but which engine configuration is better to go for?

What fuel does the TPI and Carb engines run?

What is the general fuel consumption rate for both engines?

Thanks for your help. :D

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:54 pm

i like my '91. it will take more work and money to get it looking right but i always prefer newer cars. seems there is less mechanically to worry about. i had to take all the ground effects off and i have to fill in the holes now and i had to buy the right rear bumper and spoiler, but thats the way it works!

i know, i'm not a lot of help...i'm just excited that my childhood dream (one of those things you never thought you would EVER actually have) is so close to being a reality : )

KARR_Knight
Rookie

Re: What year model to buy?

Post by KARR_Knight » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:16 am

scruba wrote:I am researching which year model Firebird to purchase and could use your help. :)

There are a few '83 - '85 models available cheap but which engine configuration is better to go for?

What fuel does the TPI and Carb engines run?

What is the general fuel consumption rate for both engines?

Thanks for your help. :D
The TPI & CARB engines run the same gas that any car would run. And fuel consumption is actually better with the TPI but not by that much. The TPI is way a better choice than the carb 305's, They have more horsepower & just run a whole lot better & you can add cheap upgrades that increase performance over the carb motor. Really fuel consumption on both motors depends on how heavy your foot is.