You will not believe what i saw...

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight452
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

You will not believe what i saw...

Post by Knight452 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:57 pm

On our way home from church...it was pulling out of the gas station,a trans am like I've seen on TV became a reality. :shock: it had working lights and everything. it was a surreal moment. :oops: what sucks about the whole thing is i don't have a camera but seeing kitt in my rear view mirror will be something i will remember for the rest of my life. I'm sure many members of this broad have seen kitt up close and personal and own a trans am but for me, it was a awesome sight to see.Some may think I'm lying and trying to take up space on the this website and that's okay.
My motto is..." I don't joke about stuff like That." :wink:

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:08 pm

If they had the scanner on while driving they will get pulled over for it. I believe you though. Ive always wanted to build a KITT Replica but I dont have the money. Ive looked several times for a donor car just to at least have the car but I cant even afford that. Im willing to build it from the ground up if I have too. I also need alot of money because if Im gonna have a Kitt Replica Im gonna want to build it to where some of the functions will work or replaced with similar operations like hitting auto cruise would be cruise control and pursuit would active a nitrous system. just to name a few functions.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:52 pm

Or do this:

Normal Cruise: normal driving
Auto Cruise: Cruise Control On
Pursuit Mode: Functioning Hood Scoop/Turbo On
Super Persuit Mode: Nitrous System On :)

That would about take care of all of KITT's modes. :)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:00 pm

Wow that rocks Knight452! I could just imagine what I would have done if I saw a replica. I just hope I wouldn't be driving at that moment because I probably would have veered off the road. It almost happened once when I saw a Lamborghini. I have a bad tendency to get really excited when I see really hot cars. :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Tony
Rookie

Post by Tony » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:12 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:Wow that rocks Knight452! I could just imagine what I would have done if I saw a replica. I just hope I wouldn't be driving at that moment because I probably would have veered off the road. It almost happened once when I saw a Lamborghini. I have a bad tendency to get really excited when I see really hot cars. :D
Well the attention I get while driving my KITT is something else..
I have owned my KITT for 3 years now, and the novelty is still there.
Since you are in PA. You should see if you can come and check out
the Foundation event in Carlisle from June 24-26. There will be tons
of Knight Rider Replicas there.. I will be there but not my car.
I would like to bring it, but it would be a 36hr drive from where I am..

Tony

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:23 am

LadyV2000 wrote:Wow that rocks Knight452! I could just imagine what I would have done if I saw a replica. I just hope I wouldn't be driving at that moment because I probably would have veered off the road. It almost happened once when I saw a Lamborghini. I have a bad tendency to get really excited when I see really hot cars. :D
I almost did that when I saw a late 70s model T/A recently. :lol:

KARR_Knight
Rookie

Post by KARR_Knight » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:25 am

The first time i saw a replica i was about 5 years ago & was amazed, there is a car collector show 10 miles from where i live in the summer time there is a dude that shows up with his every now & then. It seems like PA has a bunch of them for some reason.

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:33 am

Well I met a really sad replica once at a TV Car museum... They claimed it to be a on screen used car but I doubt it because unless it was used for a far away shot theres no way it could have been a screen used it was a really poor replica. I have a picture taken with it that I will upload sometime. Ive always wanted to go to the Knight Rider Replica show thats in Ohio somewhere I know they have it every year in the summer or fall. Maybe I can go this year would love to see the Replicas :-D

By the way fuzzie dice those are some awesome suggestions :-D Never even thought about that. I know I want to build a Later season Replica. I liked the way he looked in season 3 and 4 the best. If I went with the season 4 Replica I thought of something else I could make the EBS the emergancy brake maybe?

KARR_Lover
Recruit

Post by KARR_Lover » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:59 am

Oh God I would just love an accurate replica of K.A.R.R. to tool around in.

andrewd
Recruit

Post by andrewd » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:11 am

Lucky you seeing a KITT replica. Yeah I think we'd all love to have one. I'd like to try the Turbo Boost function for a bit of FUN. (Probably regret it though once the whiplash set in).

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:44 am

andrewd wrote:Lucky you seeing a KITT replica. Yeah I think we'd all love to have one. I'd like to try the Turbo Boost function for a bit of FUN. (Probably regret it though once the whiplash set in).
I've seen a KITT replica at a car show. It was funny. I went over to go see a first generation firebird, and I didn't even notice the replica sitting there until I looked over and saw the scanner bar. I was like - "HOLY *?$#!"

I'm planning on building a KITT replica once I get out of college. I already have my step-dad to help me install the parts. I might just do an exterior conversion, and do the interior conversion when i have money

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:23 pm

I have that problem too. :oops:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:20 pm

theevolved1 wrote:By the way fuzzie dice those are some awesome suggestions :-D Never even thought about that. I know I want to build a Later season Replica. I liked the way he looked in season 3 and 4 the best. If I went with the season 4 Replica I thought of something else I could make the EBS the emergancy brake maybe?
Emergency Brake System.

Ya. that'd work. ;)