Knight Rider Music

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

edwardknight2007
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Music

Post by edwardknight2007 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:07 pm

with 80's music making a comeback on the radio waves, I had this thought...What 80's song would you like to see remade and put on the soundtrack of the new Knight Rider movie? Mine would be a recent Rock/Classical rendition of Styx's Mr. Roboto that Dennis Deyoung, former keyboard player for Styx recorded live at a recent concert last year.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:39 am

I remember Mr. Roboto! I liked that one. :) That's a good choice. I think though they should bring KARR back and play it when KARR is on screen going high speed. PERFECT moment. :)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:14 am

My choice of song goes to Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:50 pm

Self Control by Laura Brannigan.

I've got a buch of remixes of that song and a new on with kind of a dance/hip hop beat to it with orginal lyrics and the chorus from Self Control. It's pretty cool. But I would like to see a nice cover of that.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

KARR_Lover
Recruit

Post by KARR_Lover » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:19 pm

Um, I have like 6 or 7 Music CD's just chock full of 80's music I'd probably play on my CD player if I were to ever A.) Learn how to drive. B.) Own a replica of K.I.T.T. or K.A.R.R.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:24 pm

For the record, I know "Cruel Summer" has already been remade, done by Ace of Base (it's a pretty good cover). All of you may know that "Cruel Summer" is heard when Michael is searching for KARR in "KITT vs. KARR".

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:37 pm

KARR_Lover wrote:Um, I have like 6 or 7 Music CD's just chock full of 80's music I'd probably play on my CD player if I were to ever A.) Learn how to drive. B.) Own a replica of K.I.T.T. or K.A.R.R.
So what's stopping you from enrolling in a driving school and learning how to drive? Just save some money and enroll yourself. You're missing out on a great and fun way to get around town. :)

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:12 am

Army_F_Body wrote:Self Control by Laura Brannigan.

I've got a buch of remixes of that song and a new on with kind of a dance/hip hop beat to it with orginal lyrics and the chorus from Self Control. It's pretty cool. But I would like to see a nice cover of that.
I liked how they played that song in "Halloween Knight"!!
I vote for "Self Control" for 5 reasons:

1. The song mentions "night". Hmm. Maybe "Knight"?
2. The episode helps celebrate my favorite holiday.
3. The song sounds really creepy.
4. The song was used in 2 episodes of Knight Rider (KITT Vs. KARR and Halloween Knight)
5. Whenever I hear that song on the radio, I always remember Bonnie seeing the murder by a big, hairy ape.

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:07 am

HondaSiR wrote:My choice of song goes to Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes.
I second this song - It was a great one and went along just fine with KITT and Michael going through the various highways and sceneries.

KARR_Lover
Recruit

Post by KARR_Lover » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:20 am

HondaSiR wrote: So what's stopping you from enrolling in a driving school and learning how to drive? Just save some money and enroll yourself. You're missing out on a great and fun way to get around town. :)
Well, lack of money. I only work a pithy part time job in a very small town that just barely gets all the bills paid. Cars are mad expensive and I just could not afford one even if I did know how to drive. Plus I have this fear of driving and getting into an accident which most likely stems from an accident my mother was in way back in the 70's when I was around four years old that totaled her car.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:45 am

KARR_Lover wrote:Well, lack of money. I only work a pithy part time job in a very small town that just barely gets all the bills paid. Cars are mad expensive and I just could not afford one even if I did know how to drive. Plus I have this fear of driving and getting into an accident which most likely stems from an accident my mother was in way back in the 70's when I was around four years old that totaled her car.
I know how you feel. I live in the big city and I'm barely able to pay the bills that come my way.

Try to find someone, a relative or a friend with a car perhaps who will be kind enough to teach you the basics of driving. You will need this skill later, specially during emergencies when you find yourself in a situation wherein you will have to take the wheel. We only live once, and I feel that driving a car is one of life's greatest pleasures. We're all young here, we can do something about earning some extra money and the like. :)
Last edited by HondaSiR on Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:11 pm

The first time I drove a car I think I was like 15 or 16. It was a friend's car and I wasn't all that great but I did alright for a first time, actually. I think that stemmed for doing race video games on the Atari 2600. ;)

I too was in a bad accident when I was 4. Our car was totalled. My mother's head went through the windshield. The dashboard came to the front and hit my dad in the knees. I flew off the back seat onto the hump in the center of the car (where the driveshaft goes, etc.) Back then, there were NO seatbelts in the back seats, and nobody ever wore them in the front, really. It was a horrid accident. But didn't stop my love for cars. :) I just try to be careful and not think about it. I've been in a bad near-miss on the x-way with a pickup truck I had. I had a few fender benders with it. But with Dryden, I try to be extra careful as I love that car! :)

Yesterday I had seen an accident where a minivan was on it's ROOF in the wrong lane. :shock: 5 people were in it, someone said. Apparently they curbed it and rolled. Luckily nobody else hit them. Dunno why they curbed it though. :roll:

Driving is one of the best things to learn to do. And for me, having a car, a near-classic yet, to work on is even more fun. :) I enjoy my car hobby. I always loved cars as a kid.

And you never know you might find a better job some day and be able to afford a KITT replica. Something we can only dream about. ;)

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:32 am

Anyone knows the site where I can download the music from the season 2 episode Let It Be Me? I remember there was one website where I got it from, but ever since I reformatted my computer, the songs disappeared and I lost the link to the site...