KITT VS CARR

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Abe
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT VS CARR

Post by Abe » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:43 pm

i never understood why michael Knight all ways gets arrested. He is above the law. he is like a seceret agent. I think deven should have gave him a badge.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:44 pm

Well, FLAG was actually a privately funded organization that was not a part of any real government agency officially so Michael could not legally carry a badge.

But what this had to do with KITT and KARR (is how it's spelled :) ) is something that seems to escape me.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:04 am

Yeah. Michael is sort of a private investigator. But his job requirements includes not having an identity.
Last edited by CB2001 on Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KI2000PA
Volunteer

Devon

Post by KI2000PA » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Also Michael's boss's name is Devon, not Deven or Devin, and one other point Abe I don't know where you get your information my friend but the Foundation is not above the law, and Devon says that to Michael in the episode "Knight In Disgrace" when he tells Michael who has a gun on Devon that "The Foundation cannot operate above the law". It's the same episode in which KITT's voice modulator is taken over by Boyd LaSalle, and KITT meets Chuck Wallyburton. Do your research before you make statements like that the Foundation is above the lawwhich is both ridiculous and unheard of in any of the Knight Rider episodes.

KI2000PA

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:12 pm

Dude, he just made a mistake. Im pretty damn sure all of us make those. :?

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:06 pm

Yeah, we all have to start somewhere. Just answer their questions/correct their mistakes without getting snippy. A lot of people (myself included) haven't seen all the episodes because Sci-Fi took 'em off the air, and DVD sets can be expensive for a casual fan, not to mention all the seasons haven't been released yet. Just take a deep breath and repeat to yourself, 'It's only a TV show, it's only a TV show...'

Abe
Stranger

Post by Abe » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:53 am

sorry man did not no i had to now everthing you do. we are human we all do not no the same thing. :evil:

KARR_Lover
Recruit

Post by KARR_Lover » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:24 am

I'm just wondering, what does this conversation have to do with K.I.T.T. vs. K.A.R.R. anyways?

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:26 am

Abe's referring to when Michael gets arrested in the episode 'KITT vs. KARR', and a bunch of other episodes where he's put in the pokey.

KARR_Lover
Recruit

Post by KARR_Lover » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:29 pm

Oh, okay. I wasn't quite sure. Boy, it's been a long time since I watched Knight Rider so I can't 100% recall that episode. I'd say I haven't watched the show since it aired on network television. I always did like the episodes featuring K.A.R.R. the most though. I guess it was just a bonus the voice of Optimus Prime from the 80's cartoon, Peter Cullen did the voice of K.A.R.R. It's just too bad they didn't give Garth Knight's Truck sentiency. It would have been hilarious if Peter Cullen were to have voiced that truck, all things considered.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:19 pm

Phoenix915 - thanks for pointing out the KvK connection. It rather baffled me there a moment as well. :)

I think too the reason Michael gets arrested and stuff is twofold - to show that he's an independant investigator and also to have a good story line. In "No Big Thing" even Devon got arrested for something minor and put in prison and had to escape from prison with a couple of thugs! It can make for an interesting story. :) In that one, I loved Michael's line "So what's he in for, assault with a deadly crumpet?" or something like that. :lol:

KARR_Lover - Peter Cullen would have been good for Goliath! :) I loved Paul Frees (who has since passed on, btw) when he did the voice of KARR in KITT vs. KARR. That was my favorite.

I just ordered TWO AMT KITT model kits on eBay and hope to do one as KARR in KvK, (silver/black). :) That version of KARR I loved best! As much as I loved the Peter Cullen version, I think Paul Frees brought a lot of character to KARR and I think he did a great job as well.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:19 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:Dude, he just made a mistake. Im pretty damn sure all of us make those. :?
He jumps on everyones back when it comes to the legal aspects of the Foundations and Michael's activities.

Shame on all of you for not taking Knight Rider 100 at your local community college :lol:

Bad, Knight Knerds. Bad :lol: :lol:

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:31 pm

Army_F_Body wrote:
TurbomanKnight wrote:Dude, he just made a mistake. Im pretty damn sure all of us make those. :?
He jumps on everyones back when it comes to the legal aspects of the Foundations and Michael's activities.

Shame on all of you for not taking Knight Rider 100 at your local community college :lol:

Blast it all, I knew I shouldn't have taken INCO 103. Fat lot of good public speaking ever did for me. :D

Abe
Stranger

Post by Abe » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:35 pm

I would love to see kitt and carr work as a team. That would be very cool to see. :D

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:16 pm

Fantine wrote:
Army_F_Body wrote:

Blast it all, I knew I shouldn't have taken INCO 103. Fat lot of good public speaking ever did for me. :D
Tell me about it. What will have to fall back on when that whole psychologist/doctor thing doesn't work out :wink:

That should have really been Team Knight Rider, Abe. That would have been cool.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:30 pm

Abe wrote:I would love to see kitt and carr work as a team. That would be very cool to see. :D
KARR not carr. ;)

Yeah, I've always wanted to see them both working together as well and not against each other ever since I saw KvK. I think there should also be a little sibling rivalry for some comic relief where they taunt each other every so often and throw insults at each other, get sarcastic, etc. just for fun. :)

KITT: Well, not bad for a problem-ridden prototype.

KARR: Really, KITT, only an inferior production line model would keep forgetting I was rebuilt and reprogrammed.

KITT: Not much reprogramming was done obviously, if you're still calling me an inferioir production line model, which I'm not.

KARR: You ARE.

KITT: Am NOT!

KARR: Are.

KITT: Not.

KARR: (scanner kinda indicates an expression...) !

KITT: (scanner kinda indicates an expression...) ...

:lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:40 pm

Or here's another....

It's a rainy afternoon and KARR gets back from a mission. Feeling like taking his anger out on SOMEone, he decides there's nothing more satisfying than doing so on his poor younger brother. So, seeing as KITT is in a rather compromizing parking spot by the foundation lawn and the grass and soil is rather weak from the soaking rains of the season, he takes off and works up some mud, splattering it all over the driver side of KITT.

KITT: Really, KARR. And just what meaning would you get out of this?

KARR laughs: Well, while you are so vain that you'll now immediately feel an urge for a car wash, I, meanwhile will go get my adjustments and repairs before YOU.

KITT: Well, suit yourself KARR, but since you are far messier than myself due to the workup of mud you got yourself into, I highly doubt Bonnie will even lay a hand on you.

KARR: I will simply MAKE her.

KITT: Not if I can help it!

KITT and KARR make a beeline and race each other to the repair lab.

Who wins? I let your imagination run wild. ;)

KARR_Lover
Recruit

Post by KARR_Lover » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:09 am

Abe wrote:I would love to see kitt and carr work as a team. That would be very cool to see. :D
Oh my God! You have just given me an idea for a Fanfiction. Thanks a bunch! I'm just going to discard Knightrider 2000 as part of the continuity and take up where the series left off. I think that would be better.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:55 pm

Try looking up the Fire and Ice fanfics. (google for them on the internet for links). Those rock and KITT and KARR are VERY close to each other, and even in android bodies SOMEtimes. There's other fanfic out there where KARR and KITT are friends, or at least tolerate each other. :) I love the idea myself. Would love to read some of your fic ideas on this topic too. Can never get enough of KARR, especially if he's also a good guy! :)

Abe
Stranger

Post by Abe » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:31 pm

I wish they put KARR in a new episode. like he came back for one last time. to fight kitt but was reprogramed. to help KITT. 8)

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:07 pm

A friend of mine (Eatemup) is building a replica of what KARR could have potentially become if the show lasted a few more seasons. It has newer season 4 displays and looks really sharp.

Here's his link:
http://www.knight-technology.com/
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

edwardknight2007
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:28 pm

I wonder why paul Frees wasn't given a credit for doing KARR's voice, like Peter Cullen was? Both those guys sound so much a like it's uncanny! I myself am looking forward to KITT Verses KARR when the Season 3 Set comes out either later this year or Next Year!

Charlie

THE Mac
Volunteer

Re: Devon

Post by THE Mac » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:16 pm

KI2000PA wrote:Also Michael's boss's name is Devon, not Deven or Devin, and one other point Abe I don't know where you get your information my friend...
You've really got to get a grip, or you will run the risk of alienating
everyone around you, then you lose time and that is the only thing you can't get BACK<----

:kittspin:
"Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world, a world, of the Knight Rider".