stupid friend of mine

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightwalker
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

stupid friend of mine

Post by knightwalker » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:48 pm

she ruined knight rider! we were watching knight rider earlier in the day n shes like "KITT's voice sounds like mr.feeney from boy meets world" n i was like "hey ya, ur right. we're gonna look in2 this... i was plannin on trying 2 find a picture of him. wasnt mr.feeneys real name william daniels?" "i dunno..." "uh-oh...." n then it was.
i read somewhere (probably here) that how u arent supposed 2 connect KITT with a person. its so true. so now im all upset kinda. yeah, maybe over reactin, but still. it kinda kills it

lordvader
Rookie

RE: William Daniels

Post by lordvader » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:52 pm

That's right knightwalker, Mr. Feeny's real name is William Daniels. That was just his character name on Boy Meet's World. Your're right, it does kind of spoil the fantasy/mystery of KITT in a way. I guess that's one of the reasons William Daniels' name is never mentioned in the credits of the show. Every time I hear KITT speaking, I have a picture of William Daniels' in my head.
"I have no eggs. Perhaps you could direct me to a chicken." - KARR

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:14 am

I never knew in the 80's who did KITT's voice but years after KR I saw an episode of Boy Meets World and thought "Wow, Mr. Feeny's voice sounds very familiar!". Then I kept my tv on when Boy Meets World was airing and imagined KITT's voicebox moving when Mr. Feeny was talking :D
Now I just try not to think Mr. Daniels when I watch KITT talking.

-KITTfan-

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:10 am

normally it's better to watch a show in it's original english language, because the sound studios that translate it rarely (never) reach the quality and depth of the original voices and sounds.
but watching knight rider in german translation has some advantages.
1) the voice actors are just that, you don't know the name or the face behind the voice. keeps the illusion at least for KITT
2) in german KARR had the same voice in both Tdr and KvK

KR: the next crusade
Volunteer

Post by KR: the next crusade » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:10 am

In French, KARR has the same voice in TdR and KvK