Turbo Boost Sound Effects

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Turbo Boost Sound Effects

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:46 pm

Have you noticed whenever we see KITT jump into Turbo Boost, we hear the familiar rocket acceleration sound. The rocket takeoff blast sound we hear from KITT is the same as the Colonial Vipers from Battlestar Galactica, for both shows are made by Universal. It would look very awkward to see Michael wearing a Colonial Warrior uniform while piloting KITT. :lol:
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

duppleganger
Stranger

Post by duppleganger » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:09 am

Where do you think they got the idea for KITTs scanner. Its just a larger version of the cylon's eye. Even the ticking as kitts speedo reading goes up is incredibly similar to the acceleration noise of the vipers exiting Galactica.

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:29 pm

Yep. That Larson fellow sure doesn't waste ANYTHING!!

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:22 pm

I think Larson wanted to include elements from his previous shows as sort of a signature trademark. In episode "Halloween Knight" we see the villian wearing a Cylon mask and on the A-team, we see Face, formerly known as Starbuck. At the beginning of every A-team episode, we see the 2 second shot where the Cylon walks right past Face, a reminder of the Battlestar Galactica era.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)