Just noticed...how does KITT get out of Apt in Good Knights.

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

oppenca2
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Just noticed...how does KITT get out of Apt in Good Knights.

Post by oppenca2 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:52 am

In "A Good Knights Work"on the SCI FI marathon recently...KITT bursts into the apt window, and Michael says "How are we gonna get out of here?" or something like that... How would he get out ha ha!?? He took up like the whole room!
Also, in one of these episodes Michael says "Ive never been a quitter and Im not gonna start now.." for those of us that were discussing why they would say Michael quit for 10 years after the episodes ended...I just watched those episodes for the first time in a long time!
-Carmen
Last edited by oppenca2 on Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:43 am

the ep was called 'a good knight's work' not let it be me.

anyway, its been discussed a lot of times. i suppose they just got one of those elevators that lift building workers up and down for kitt.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:26 pm

Parachuite, perhaps? :?: It's anyone's guess.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:39 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:Parachuite, perhaps? :?: It's anyone's guess.
Actually, KITT does have a parachute. Doesn't he parachute down a cliff to avoid Goliath in Goliath Returns to eventually get ambushed on the bottom?

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:48 pm

Yeah he did. It was a nice parachute though. I think it was all white with a Black Knight Piece.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:58 pm

Sorry I got the episode wrong, I watched the marathon and forgot which one it was. I knew it probably had been discussed but I havent been on this site long, so I hadnt seen it.

I saw the parachute in Goliath returns.

I know you are just supposed to use your imagination :D

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:38 pm

I haven't seen the episode in I don't know how many years, but why not a reverse turbo boost?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:27 pm

I think it was "A Good Knight's Work" instead of "Let it Be Me", that the incident of KITT being in an apartment asking Michael how they would get down....
The parachute that they used was featured in "Goliath Returns"....

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:36 pm

I was really glad to see the marathon on Sci Fi and more coming in Feb and March yea! That is how I got to see those episodes with KITT in the Apt (turbo boosting in!) and Michael saying Im not a quitter!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:54 pm

I think reverse turbo boost would have worked. He used that one in "A Plush Ride" to get back up the embankment after they stopped at the end of a cliff.

With KITT, nearly anything is possible. :)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:09 pm

remember that turbo boost was a record for kitt to jump into the apt in the first place...so therefore he would need a LOT of room to reverse that..and there wasn't.

so i think reverse turbo is out of the question. but the parachute could work.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Re: Just noticed...how does KITT get out of Apt in Good Knig

Post by CB2001 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:35 pm

oppenca2 wrote: Also, in one of these episodes Michael says "Ive never been a quitter and Im not gonna start now.." for those of us that were discussing why they would say Michael quit for 10 years after the episodes ended.
You have to take into account that when that episode occured, it was probably before Stevie got killed. After that, maybe he was beginning to lose faith in himself as things went along until he finally gave up. I mean, if you were responsible for the death of someone you loved, you'd question every step of everything you've done, though you wouldn't freely admit it. So, maybe that was the cause of the burnout and the reason why he left, because he didn't want to be responsible for another death (hence his reaction to Devon's death in "Knight Rider 2000", which he is forced to face the thing he felt he was responsible for, which was the death of someone he cared about. If it hadn't been true, then he would have been more than gungho to help out Maddock and Shawnin finishing what was started).

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:06 pm

My guess is after having a Pontiac hit it at 100 + mph in the middle stories, the building collapsed, making it easy to drive out of.

*after the dust settles*

Michael: Oops...I wonder if the expense account will cover this. Heh-heh..
KITT: idiot

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

!

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:36 am

Skav wrote:remember that turbo boost was a record for kitt to jump into the apt in the first place...so therefore he would need a LOT of room to reverse that..and there wasn't.

so i think reverse turbo is out of the question. but the parachute could work.
Well, K.I.T.T. doesn't necessarily need to have room or to be in motion when using the turbo boost feature (going forward or backward). Remember when KITT was trapped underneath the logs in the "Out Of the Woods" episode? KITT was stationary and blasted out of the spot he was in. He didn't shoot directly up into the air but forward. Doing a reverse turbo boost would apply here. Besides, we're missing the entire gimmick of the episode: we're supposed to find it comedic! I doubt the producers wanted everybody to question the logistics of the situation as opposed to just laughing and not taking it too seriously.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Keon2005
Rookie

Post by Keon2005 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:33 am

Or Michael could have called the foundation, and the foundation technician team could have came to the apartment and took KITT apart piece by piece and then reconstructed him at the foundation.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Re: !

Post by Skav » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:07 am

Well, K.I.T.T. doesn't necessarily need to have room or to be in motion when using the turbo boost feature (going forward or backward). Remember when KITT was trapped underneath the logs in the "Out Of the Woods" episode? KITT was stationary and blasted out of the spot he was in. He didn't shoot directly up into the air but forward. Doing a reverse turbo boost would apply here. Besides, we're missing the entire gimmick of the episode: we're supposed to find it comedic! I doubt the producers wanted everybody to question the logistics of the situation as opposed to just laughing and not taking it too seriously.

But if you remember, michael always had a running start first before hitting the turbo to give it that extra motion forward with regards to long turbo boosts. the stationary boosts were to just get out of situations, not concentrating on distance as such.

so with regards to this particular jump back, if he did it, he would need ample room to get a head start first.

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:18 am

You have to take into account that when that episode occured, it was probably before Stevie got killed. After that, maybe he was beginning to lose faith in himself as things went along until he finally gave up. I mean, if you were responsible for the death of someone you loved, you'd question every step of everything you've done, though you wouldn't freely admit it. So, maybe that was the cause of the burnout and the reason why he left, because he didn't want to be responsible for another death (hence his reaction to Devon's death in "Knight Rider 2000", which he is forced to face the thing he felt he was responsible for, which was the death of someone he cared about. If it hadn't been true, then he would have been more than gungho to help out Maddock and Shawnin finishing what was started).[/quote]

EXCELLENT THOUGHT!! That makes more sense to me

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:19 am

Sorry, that was a quote from above, it didnt quote correctly. Credit to CB2001

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:43 pm

I can't remember... did the episode end with KITT still in the Apartment building? Or did it cut to commercial and after it came back he was back on the ground for the last few seconds before the ending credits?

Cause I am sure that this was the episode with Mighty Mouth in it, wasn't it?

-Steve

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:12 pm

I think it cut to commercial, thats why I was wondering :lol:
Mighty Mouth WAS annoying. But, what KITT said made it funny.
I got it mixed up with Let It Be Me because I was thinking Michael was rescuing Stevie, but it wasnt her, it was the girl from that episode.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:08 pm

oppenca2 wrote: EXCELLENT THOUGHT!! That makes more sense to me
Thank you. Goes to show how much thinking I do over the simplest of details.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:18 pm

oppenca2 wrote:I think it cut to commercial, thats why I was wondering :lol:
Okay, I always thought that it ended with him in the Apt, but then I remembered that he ejected Mighty Mouth out at the end, I know that wasn't before the Apt scene. It makes much more sense now. :D
oppenca2 wrote:I got it mixed up with Let It Be Me because I was thinking Michael was rescuing Stevie, but it wasnt her, it was the girl from that episode.
I was wondering how the topic of Stevie got brought up on this thread. I was so confused. :shock:

-Steve

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:45 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:Yeah he did. It was a nice parachute though. I think it was all white with a Black Knight Piece.
Yes indeed, it was nice. Must of been pretty string if it could hold up a car in the air! :)

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:01 am

Lost Knight wrote:I haven't seen the episode in I don't know how many years, but why not a reverse turbo boost?
Well, Michael did have KITT rotate his Turbo Booster in "A Plush Ride", so I'm thinking they did the same thing and Turbo Boosted four floors down after stopping Cameron.

"Look up in the sky!"
"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No. It's KITT!!! And he's gonna land on our brand-new car!!!!![b][/b]
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:08 pm

chrisebourg wrote:
Must of been pretty string if it could hold up a car in the air! :)
It's possible. How do you think the millitary get humvees in battle zones?
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers