Knight Rider Complete 2nd Season - April 12th!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Complete 2nd Season - April 12th!

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:54 pm

Michael (David Hasselhoff) & K.I.T.T. (William Daniels) return! Universal has announced Knight Rider - Season 2, which is the season where Patricia McPherson's "Bonnie" was temporarily replaced for one year with Rebecca Holden's "April". Fittingly, the 3-DVD set will be released in April, on April 12th to be exact!

The 3 discs are all double-sided, dual-layer "DVD-18s". The running time is 1173 minutes for what ought to be 24 episodes. Look for full-frame video, English Mono sound, and subtitles in English, French, and Spanish. $49.98 SRP is the price. The thumbnail-sized version of the cover is all that was available, and you'll see that it doesn't look very different from the first season, at least at this "distance". Stay tuned, and we'll have full-sized cover art and any new info for you just as soon as more comes to light.

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:02 pm

This is very good news!!

I'm gonna keep a look out at the local Wal-Mart, but a release date in April is gonna be torture for me.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:36 pm

Jeez, I hope that's not the final cover artwork, that's practically identical to the Season 1 set! Not that it doesn't look okay but come on Universal, be a little more creative and use different images at least!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:22 pm

3 dvd set? obviously, this has no extras then.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:02 pm

what i dont get is, someone mentioned in another thread that the extra disc was because there was an extra movie in it. but season two has THREE movies!
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:11 pm

Great to finally have a release date. :)

*applies sticky tape*

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:20 pm

Larger Box art was recently mailed to us:

And just for proper credit, the original post was copied from http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2754

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:34 pm

i think the box art is pants...as for knightendo's post re: the extra film, well, kr2000 was a bonus film since it wasn't part of season 1.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:17 pm

APRIL IS SO FAR AWAY! MAYBE THEY WILL GET DONE SOONER. IHOPE!! THAT'S WISHFUL THINKING, BUT I STILL CAN.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:07 pm

What!!No Extra's.Is there going to be atleast Commandtaries behind the voice with Larson and Hasselhoff in Goliath or something.It stinks not to have extra's.Oh well atleast we have a Release Date. :)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:17 pm

Maybe they're still working on the extras, so maybe there might be extras on the 2nd season DVD after all. We'll see....

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:18 pm

hehe, an April release for April Curtis fans!! LOL
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:21 pm

Sadly no extras on Season 2 has been confirmed. Hopefully this wont continue next season, but it may be that they just put all their effort extra wise souly on the first season.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:14 am

Sadly no extras on Season 2 has been confirmed. Hopefully this wont continue next season, but it may be that they just put all their effort extra wise souly on the first season.
I think it's looking exactly like that. There's a whole lot of room for extras on these upcoming sets, like K.I.T.T.'s renovation in seasons 3 and 4. Bonnie's return. Maybe a small featurette explaining (diplomatically, of course) April's sudden appearance and departure. Season 2 was Knight Rider in its heyday. Ask any neutral out there what episodes they remember, chances are it'll be one from the second season (excepting the K.A.R.R. shows, and maybe Juggernaut). I'm biased, but I think it's deserving of something.

- Paul

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:24 am

I hope atleast 1 thing can be an extra in the DVD's.But oh well.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:31 pm

Okay, we've got some more info about the s2 release (TVshowsondvd.com are also carrying this).

Universal are releasing a whole bunch of Season 2 sets, Knight Rider, The A-Team and Magnum, PI, all on the same day. For some reason, The A-Team set will feature one episode of Knight Rider Season 2 as a bonus feature, while Magnum, PI will contain one Knight Rider Season 2 show and one A-Team Season 2 show.

Knight Rider Season 2 will contain no bonus features.

This strikes me as a little bizarre, but from a business standpoint it could mean that the Knight Rider set has suffered little or no tampering, and Universal want to advertise this to draw in more potential sales. On the other hand it could mean that Universal has little or no faith in Knight Rider (The A-Team and Magnum were both much more high-profile than KR).

- Paul

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:55 pm

Doesn't someone here have a contact at Universal or what hapened to the person who was developing the extras for the S1 set? I'd like to know why Universal isn't including any bonus features on the S2 set and also if they plan to include any extras in future sets. I'll be incredibly dismayed is the S3 and S4 sets also have no bonus features. Does it seem like they're putting a lot less effort into the latter season sets of most TV shows on DVDs in general?

TimmyZ1
Volunteer

Post by TimmyZ1 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:58 pm

Guys, who cares about extras!!! All I want is well-done, remastered, uncut, and orginal episodes. It's nice to have the special features but I'd much rather have the episodes

knightfan1
Rookie

Post by knightfan1 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:56 pm

accoding to dvdanswers, no extra material will be included. however, I'll stay tuned to the site and will update the forum with any further changes.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:26 pm

i would still like to see the bloopers included in one of the later seasons as someone developing the extras for the first season did say he/she was interested in them.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:58 pm

Wait for the bloopers in season 3 box set.Season 3 i believe had the most bloppers from episodes.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:11 pm

Knight Rider S2 - Full-size cover:

Credits of course goes to TVShowsOnDVD.com

I'm kinda Bummed coz of lack of extras :cry: they did a great job with S1 extras ... why mess with the success in this one? GRRRR
Forget it! I'm not Bumbed, I am FREAKING OUT :evil: :x :shock:
Last edited by citizen_x on Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:32 pm

I spoke to the team that did the extras on Season 1 and they weren't contacted, much to their disappointment, to do Season 2.

As of now there probably wont be extras on any of the futher seasons, but that can change depending on how well they sell. The episodes do still contain the teaser in front of each episode, which kinda seems like an extra to me. They have also added a chapter break after the Credits to help those who like to fast forward that.

I guess I also take a little comfort in the fact that other season 2 series that Universal is releasing at the same time will not have any extras. To me this seems that it's really not a Knight Rider issue but a company wide decision.

No "episode extras" will be included on Knight Rider as has been mentioned. I think this is a good sign, Knight Rider probably just fits on the three discs while the others had a little room left.

One last thing to note, the packaging is going to be different on this set. While the first one used a case refered to as a "Digipack" this set will instead use three slim pack cases. Each case will have artwork on it, and it will also have info on the episodes on the disc contained inside.

Any other information about the individual episodes is all still really up in the air, cause they're still in production.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:51 pm

Well that rules...and stinks. I was hoping for interviews with more of the people, such as William Daniels, and (though maybe not Season 2) Patricia McPherson....

Well, I'll be glad to have Season 2 though
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:07 pm

Universal are releasing a whole bunch of Season 2 sets, Knight Rider, The A-Team and Magnum, PI, all on the same day. - Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com[/quote]

And For those who are interested - WB has released Dukes Of Hazzard already and it goes on sale next week wednesday. Well this is going to be a great year as far as D.V.D sets are concerned. I can't wait to be able to add all of them to my D.V.D library. I am just so excited now.Hah haw! :D