Another Knight Rider Theme Remix

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Another Knight Rider Theme Remix

Post by Sith » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:41 pm

I first heard this track several months back on a late night radio.

As I'm sure you all know, there are several remixes already out there. But in my opinion this is one of the best - and to the best of my knowledge, no-one has ever posted about this particular track.

Click here to hear a low quality preview.

Its called Knight Rider by Brothers In E. I'm sure if you fish around, you can find the CD to buy. :)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:11 pm

Now there's a KR rendition that I liked. No heavy metal and the like. I actually listened to it through the end. Thanks for posting it, Sith. :)

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:48 am

HondaSiR wrote:Now there's a KR rendition that I liked. No heavy metal and the like. I actually listened to it through the end. Thanks for posting it, Sith. :)
wish i could say the same, it gave me a headache about 30 seconds into it lol! but that's because i can't stand dance music, does my head in lol!

i'l always prefer busta rhymes version, his original version and not the other versions of his rendition of the theme (jay-z, punjabi mc etc etc etc all used busta's remix as their samples instead of sampling the original theme itself). i liked the fact he stayed true to the original by sampling it direct and adding a load of extra base to it :D
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:00 am

I agree with you, knightendo. I liked Busta Rhymes' "Turn It Up / Fire It Up" before Timbaland & Magoo and Jay-Z did their own versions. I like Busta's because he actually raps about a talking car: "Tell me where you are at and I'll be there in 10 seconds flat / You know I got your back / I'll be there just in time to counteract" imitating K.I.T.T.'s voice. The video has a lot of Knight Rider references as well. Only in the video they used a Dodge Viper GTS as the car with a cheap looking voice modulator. I also like the "Knight Rider Dance Mix" that can be found on the Internet (I don't know the official name or DJ that produced it). My only complaint on that one is the guy that tried to do KITT's voice actually sounds more like Devon; I wish they just took clips of William Daniels' voice from the series instead.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:43 am

yeh he's a michael knight-type character in a futuristic apocolyptic world setting. loved the video, and now thanks to the net i have the full "dirty" version of the song. i thought they had just done the usual and left out the swear words but for an awful lot he'd actually changed the wording too for the chart's "clean" version. u heard them both?
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:14 pm

No, unfortunately just the clean version. Although I understand censorship, I hate it because it's not just curse words being removed, sometimes lyrics are changed. Even the one off the 'Net I got was still clean...I'll look harder for the unedited version next time.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: