Please introduce yourself! :)

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Please introduce yourself! :)

Post by neps » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:41 am

It's been quite some time since we had a thread like this, and there seems to be alot of new faces, so the time feels right. Please take a moment to introduce yourself, your age, state where you are from, maybe a little Knight Rider favorite episode or memory. I'll go first:

My name is Neil Epstein, 26 and I'm a New-Jersey born New Yorker. I've always been a big fan of KR, so much so that I created this site almost 10 years ago now. I'm really thankful for Knight Rider cause it's allowed me to interact with so many great people. My favorite Knight Rider memory is from childhood is opening the Kenner Talking KITT car and having him speak to me in Spanish. :D

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:57 am

My name is Steven I'm from Florida. I first found out about Knight Rider when i was really young about 6 years old maybe when i was watching tv this morning and stumbled over a car Turbo Boost Over something.It might have been Knight and Knerd or Knight In Retreat.Then i just feel love with that Black Trans Am.That's my basic memory of the show.My favorite episode would Let It Be Me,K.I.T.T. Vs K.A.R.R. or Knight In Retreat because i'm sure that's the first episode i saw of the show.

KARR 2000
Rookie

Post by KARR 2000 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:03 pm

Hi, I am Luka, 15 and I live in Slovenia. I started watching Knight Rider on an Austrian television. The funny part is that I didn't know a word in German (people in austria also speak German).
So...... I have no idea what to write here.

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:25 pm

hello, my name is chris. i am from PA and 30 years old. i started watching knight rider from the 1st day it aired. my most memorable moment is probably when michale made the comment that kitt's dash looked like darth vader's bathroom. me and my sister couldn't stop laughing over that for the rest of the night. :D

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:35 pm

Hi, I'm Sarfraz, a 25 year Engineer. Born in the tiny town of Blackburn but currently residing in London. I think I've been using this messageboard in one form or another since 1998/99, can't quite remember which but it was the days of the branching messageboard (Neil will remember what I means?) . It was also the first time that I realised theres more than a few Knight Rider maniacs :lol: around. This site also in a way encouraged me to setup my own site to display my artwork.

Oh, favourite KR memory, watching Hasselhoff and Graham Norton jump my own KR RC car on TV....though I did get my talking car signed by the Hoff for it 8)

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:28 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Scott Kirkessner, I am 21 (wahoo!). I am from Arizona, currently attending school in Flagstaff at Northern Arizona University. I have always been a fan of Knight Rider for as long as I can remember, and watched countless episodes when it was syndication. My favorite Knight Rider memory is when I went to Universal Studios when I was 5 and got to talk to and sit inside KITT

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:38 pm

Hi, I'm Lyn, currently from Spokane, WA, but I've lived in 2 other states, TN and NY. I'm 34 going on 35 on the 19th of this month.
I've been a fan of the show since spring or summer of 1983 after really seeing what the show was about.
My best "Knight Rider" memory is looking forward to the show each week to see what Michael and KITT would be up to with each episode.
Now I'm looking forward to seeing what I don't remember from the show via DVD, as in the 2nd through 4th seasons of the show.
The episodes are easier to understand when they're intact, not cut for syndication reruns, although syndicated reruns have been fun, too.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:03 pm

Hi my name is Samir. I've been a Knight Rider Fan for about 10 years now. I first saw Knight Rider back in 1996 when the network "USA" started to show reruns. In January of 2003 I was looking at the Television Listings and I saw "KNIGHT RIDER ON SCIFI" The first episode I've seen in years was "Chariots OF Gold". The episode I can remember was "Soul Survivor" The part that I can remember most was when Michael found KITT's cpu in the trash can.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:43 pm

Hi, I'm Phoenix, from NY. Since I'm a teen, I wasn't around when KR was first broadcast, but I saw it last summer on when it was Sci-Fi and instantly loved it. I think the first episode I saw was 'A Plush Ride'. Of course, shortly after I started watching it, Sci-Fi took it off the air. My favorite memory was finding out that Universal was releasing the first season DVD set, buying it and watching the other episodes I had missed!

KITT1982
Stranger

Post by KITT1982 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:03 pm

My name is Mike I am from Nova Scotia been following Knight Rider since I was 8 yrs old.... I work for Rogers Wireless. I also own and run a car club.

K.I.T.T_Knight
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T_Knight » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:33 pm

Hey, I am Alex, I live in Austria (Linz, Upper Austria). Have been watching KR since I was a little boy of 2 years, now I am 19 and still watching it.

Looking forward to the releases of the next three seasons!!!

ThaDon
Stranger

Post by ThaDon » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:55 pm

Hi, my name is Farooq. I am 22 and from Michigan. Been a long time lurker on the board until guest access was closed. Discovered knight rider a bit late. first saw it when it was on USA at 5 and 6 right after macgyver. One of my favorite episodes would have to be Knight of the Pheonix

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:31 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Chris, I'm 22, and from Valley Stream, Long Island. I'm a computer tech for AOL Time Warner in Manhattan. I have been a fan of Knight Rider ever since I was 3 or 4 years old. When I was 4, my uncle taped a few 4th season episodes in which I used to watch over & over again. My favorite episode on that tape was "Deadly Knightshade." My fondest memory of Knight Rider would have to be visiting my grandparents' house as a 4-year-old watching that tape and playing along with my Kenner Voice Car.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:38 pm

Hey guys, my name is lior. i am 23 years old from petah-tikva, israel.
I'm a huge fan of the show since i can remember my self :shock:
This magnificent site ( and his ppl) had me blown away, coz i didn't realized before how many fans are there.

I want to take this opportunity and thank Neil for all his hard work and allot of perseverance. so thank you Neil :wink:

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:38 pm

Hey, Phoenix915 :D What part of New York are you from?
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:06 pm

In the mountains upstate, about three hours away from NYC.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:18 pm

Upstate is a nice place. I remember I went off-roading with some ATVs there. Great place, lots of snow. Lucky lucky :D
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:38 pm

I'm Lee...23....I live in Dagenham, England.

dont really have a fave kr memory, theyre all good...some i remember is of goliath bashing up kitt for the first time....horrified me :P, sequences in jyd of kitt in his white undercoat and a lot of the season 4 eps with SPM, as i do admire.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:10 am

I'm John, I live in Pennsylvania. My mom was always a Knight Rider fan, i was born 2 years after the end of the show. My mom tried to show it to me when I was four and five but I was uninterested. I paid more attention around 7 or 8 but it meant little more than, 'cool car'. Then it wasnt' shown for a long long time, then it was on at 10 in the morning on WGN and I would have my mom tape the epsiodes to watch when I got home from school. They stopped showing it for a hideouly long time. Than two years ago, SciFi finally picked it up, I started to comprehend just the greatness of the show. Found this site, wandered for a little and joined the boards 2 years ago. It's been fun!
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:40 am

Hi.. I'm Adam and I live in Australia.. I'm 24 years old..

Since joining this forum my obsession for Knight Rider has steadily increased.. starting with my purchase of the 1:43 scale die-cast cars.. to the Region 1 boxset of KR.. then the Aoshima 1:18 scale die cast cars.. Shortly i'll be purchasing the R4 copies of the Knight Rider DVD boxset. I love Knight Rider and it's been in the family since I was around 6 or 7. I do believe that I still have 7 episodes of the 4th season on BETAMAX somewhere, but i have transferred them onto VHS. Some of my friends think i'm a nerd for liking Knight Rider and that i'm stuck in the 80's [i also listen to http://www.club977.com streaming 80's hits] but i don't care.

I am currently working in the manufacturing business within an Australian wide company.

Regards
Adam

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:55 am

Reading MrPayner's response, I have to say that my interest in Knight Rider has steadily increased since joining this board as well. At this point, it's kind of become Knight obsession for me! This is a great board, and a perfect outlet for me to talk about any aspect of the show that I feel passionate about with other people that feel the same way. There is no feeling of being weird talking about the logistics of the Molecular Bonded Shell for example. It's even better when other members bring up aspects about the show that I previously knew nothing about.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Franimal
Stranger

Post by Franimal » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:47 am

I'm Francesca and I live in Cardiff UK. I have known and loved KnightRider since I was a little girl and I used to watch it (and The A Team) on TV. Since I've gotten older, I've started buying all the videos, (and then the DVD's) I don't have a specific favourite episode, but I do love those episodes where Kitt gets damaged and they have to rebuild him. I think it could be Junk Yard Dog, where Kitt gets dropped in that acid and they have to start from scratch- including getting those scientists who each know one component to the formula for Kitt's molecularly bonded outer shell, I love it! :D

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:16 am

hi i'm phil, iv just turned 27 at christmas (no grey hairs yet, iv checked lol!) and live in Belfast in Northern Ireland. I'm currently watching the kr marathon on bravo as i type this woohoo! ;) :D

i work in northern ireland railways as a senior porter in central station in belfast, and my earliest memory of knight rider would be my late grandad ted coming into the living room one sunday afternoon when i was about five and telling my mum about a film he had seen the night before about an amazing car that could talk, drive itself, jump over things and drive on two wheels, and that it would be on every week from there on. :) it's one of only a few memories i have left of him as he died when i was quite young, so the fact that the show he told me about has become an obsession in my adult life, well, i have a lot to thank him for :)

i joined the original kr online board in 1999 when bravo started showing the programme again (i had gotten back into it when ITV showed the first three seasons in the mid-90s) and have been on-off since then due to a time when i only had sporadic access to the internet. now with the comfort of broadband in my own home i fully intend to stay! this forum has definitely helped to extend and deepen my enthusiasm for the show to the point that now i feel like i am more "into" knight rider than i ever was a child... and i was BIG time back then!! lol! it's become my main hobby and its new-found popularity means there's a lot for us all to enjoy again these days.

and of course i am eternally grateful to this forum for the great friends i have made on here that go beyond the confines of knight rider. you guys know who u all are, eh lee? ;) :P
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Knight9766
Volunteer

Post by Knight9766 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:19 am

Hi Everyone! My name is Jerry, 29. From Singapore. Married. Waiting for my first kid this coming April. Hee hee... I am working as an Art director at TBWA\SINGAPORE. I've been an on and off KR collector, one of my Australian senior Art Director thinks I'm abit off it. My earliest memory of KR, was when my Dad bought the small pull back KR from Hamlets and there was another time he brought back the BIG tin toy KR2000 car when we were staying in Nigeria.

I thinks this is a great place where people from all the 4 corners of the world can get together and sharing a common love. :D

Ok! time to eat my medicine... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:06 pm

Hi folks!

I'm Tammy, from Ohio. Preschool teacher hoping to be teaching older kiddos next fall. *crosses fingers*

Currently combing the shops of my local town in search of the 1:18 KR model....with no luck. Ah well.