Knight Rider Movie

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sanmeets
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Movie

Post by sanmeets » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:16 pm

Does anyone have the latest update on the Knight rider movie that was to be made??? :!:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:51 pm

As far as any public announcements that I'm aware of (and I am constantly on the lookout) we are still in the same place we were 6 months ago: looking for a studio to sign on with the project.

About 2 years ago, Revolution Studios (xXx, Black Hawk Down) announced they would do the Knight Rider movie. Then back around May, David Hasselhoff said he was looking for a new studio because the original one didn't want the car to talk. I think we all supoprt David's decision on that one!

In November I saw Glen Larson at a Buck Rogers screening and he said they were "very close" to being able to announce something new regarding the Knight Rider movie. We're still waiting to hear what that is.

All we know:
Hasselhoff wants to do a Knight Rider movie.
Larson wants to do a Knight Rider movie.
There is no script yet.
There is no cast yet.
There is no studio yet.

Frustrating, but not uncommon in the life-cycle of a movie.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:14 am

why doesn't David just do the script himself. Then just get fox to produce it and get a cast that knows alot about the show so that it can be more believeable than just having something done like Starskie and Hutch. I have seen some of the episodes they made of starskie and hutch and know that the movie they made was nothing like the show. And make sure the next Knight Rider movie is made better than the last one!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:17 am

It's not as easy as that. If Fox or any other studio outfit thought that a KR movie would turn out a huge profit, then they would all jump at the nearest opportunity and make one. The problem is...the last movie (Knight Rider 2000) did make a profit but not that much for the producers to get all excited about. Getting a scriptwriter and a movie cast is relatively easy as compared to looking for someone willing to produce it. David H. isn't interested in producing it himself, nor is Glen Larson.

Another obstacle is this scenario. David H. is not capable of carrying out his former role as a hotshot driver because of his age. At best, his role has now been reassigned as a mentor or a senior background character. Getting a new guy to do the job David did in the 80's is a pretty tough assignment, the chemistry has to be there. And the studios are pretty skeptical about it and are as of this moment, pretty wary of putting their money into such a project...a project that may succeed financially, or utterly fail.

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:04 am

Oh, give it a couple years. It'll come eventually. :)

Blindly optimistic as ever,

Fantine

focus709
Rookie

Post by focus709 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:10 am

I've been tracking http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/?fr= ... =1[url]for about a year now, and nothings changed![/url]
"A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree." Spike Milligan 1918-2002

sanmeets
Stranger

Episodes

Post by sanmeets » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:59 am

Does anyone have all the episodes from season 2 onwards can you give them to me?? It is difficult to find it in Idia not many Fans I have been watching this series since I was 5

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Re: Episodes

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:26 pm

sanmeets wrote:Does anyone have all the episodes from season 2 onwards can you give them to me?? It is difficult to find it in Idia not many Fans I have been watching this series since I was 5
In DVD? Season two and onwards has not yet been released by Universal. Even if they are already available, I don't think anybody here is just going to "give" it to you since the season one DVD already costs US$25.00 and up.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:47 pm

IMDB has completely screwed up the Knight Rider entry.. they rely on fan submissions for information and don't bother to check on it. They've listed cast and production people who never had any association with the project.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:46 pm

Wow, this stuff is getting more complicated all the time!
Lotsa luck to David Hasselhoff and crew in putting things together....
My opinion is that the "Knight Rider" movie should be made first, but I guess the "Baywatch" film will come forth first......

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:27 pm

has anybody in Revolution Studios seen Knight Rider why on god's green earth they not want the car to talk?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:33 am

Cause sometimes the people making the final decisions care more about the bottom line than the heart of a story, as you can see by alot of the crap that gets greenlit nowadays.

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:07 pm

David talks about it (briefly) during the commentary on the pilot on the DVD. He basically says it's time, I want to do it, I think we should make the movie. To be honest he sounds more like an optimistic fan than a realistic moviemaker.

And I don't care who makes the movie, they have to get two things right:

1. The car ABSOLUTELY has to talk.
2. If at all possible, William Daniels absolutely has to provide the voice. After all, if he can do it for the Simpsons..... :)

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:04 am

You know who else would be a good voice if William Daniels is not available.. The person who did the voice for 'Pilot' in the TV series Farscape. I have been watching the DVD's lately and it struck me as a good choice..

AP

knightphoenix
Rookie

Post by knightphoenix » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:11 pm

I believe that before a new movie is produced for a theatrical release, a new TV series needs to be produced so that the Knight Rider legacy can be reintroduced to the public who are not fans like ourselves. Knight Rider is big with people 25 and older, but many kids out there dont have a clue to what KR is. I have gotten my 12 year old interested by having him watch the original on DVD. He loves the concept of a talking car and stunts, but thinks the car is old.
I think that a new series with David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight, returning to the Foundation after a major attack kills off everyone from the 2000 movie, has to rebuild FLAG after he inherits the KNIGHT fortune, (after Jennifer Knight is killed).
He recruits a new operative, someone like Cameron Mathison, (from ALL My Children, Ryan Lavery), named Jason Knight.
Jason will be a FBI agent who is nearly killed, but is given a new face a new identity as Jason Knight.
Remember David came from the soaps, so another young, hansom actor would work.
Also, KITT would be installed into a new 2005 Mustang GT, with a new micro-nano molecular bonded shell that will allow him to change colors, become invisable, smart missiles, machine guns, smart mortars and much more, ( check out the car in the last James Bond movie and go to the Ford website to see the new Mustang).
Of course the new Knight Industries 10000 (KITT), would be back to his Black self!
What do you all think?

knightphoenix
Rookie

Post by knightphoenix » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:19 pm

Oh yah, If William Daniels doesnt return to be the voice of KITT, you could easy put everything he said in the original into a computer and synthazize everything he sais. Someone else would speak into the mic bought Daniels voice would come out. With todays technology anything is possible.
Just think what the special effects of the new series and movie will look like.

knightphoenix
Rookie

Post by knightphoenix » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:24 pm

One more thing, look at todays TV shows, a new reinvented Knight Rider would easily be a hit, like ALIAS, 24, and Law and Order. With the right writers, action scenes, and special effects, a new cast teamed with David Hasselhoff as a mentor and leader would rock.
Also guest appearances of former KR regulars would also help.

knightphoenix
Rookie

Post by knightphoenix » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:40 pm

Like Star Trek Next Generation, on the series ended, then take it to the theatre.
Maybe even create spin-offs, like a new reinvented Team Knight Rider series, done right this time with cars more like KITT.

Another spin-off could be a show about a girl who is given a identity after being attacked. Nearly Crippled, she is injected with simular Nanonites that are in KITTS new bonded shell. These Nanonites regenerate her muscles and bones to allow her to walk again. But an after effect is she becomes stronger, faster and all her senses improve 100%! Not only that, she becomes bullet proof. Also her ability to assumilate knowledge makes her even smarter.
Michael Knight, recruits her, gives her a new face and a new identity,
her name Jessica Knight.
She'll have a suped up Motorcycle, that has a female voice, named
Knight Auto Cycle, (KACY).
The Show would be called LADY KNIGHT, and Jessica would go out and help the helpless, the powerless and the innocent.
I think Jessica Alba, (Dark Angel), would be perfect in this role.

knightphoenix
Rookie

new KITT

Post by knightphoenix » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:59 pm

http://www.patleck.com/quebecrpm/ford/mustang2005.htm

go to this site to see my new KITT

there is 2 mustangs
the one I like is the 1st black one with covers over head lights,
just imagine it with a red scanner and mustang decals of sides.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:47 am

IMO, KITT should stay a T/A, even if that means that he would be a 2002. I know it won't happen because lets face it, the car manufacturer that gives the best deal on cars to be used as a promotional tool will win. It is sad though, the money and bottom line always wins over then fans.

Oh, and if anything, I hope it is not a Ford to be the car they use. The Mustangs look okay and all, but TKR had Fords and that bombed. Plus, my personal preference is to stay away from Fords at all costs. Except if it was between Ford and an Asian/European Import, I would pick a Mustang over a Civic cause I don't want to see the movie turn into the Fast and the Furious 3.

In the Pontiac line, wouldn't the GTO be a good pick? It is the closest thing to a T/A there is. Or maybe one of the Holden Cars, they are freaking awesome looking cars. The GTO is a modified Holden Car I believe.

Checking on the Holden Site.... thinking I should move to Australia cause those cars are freakin Awesome!

-Steve

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:35 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:The GTO is a modified Holden Car I believe.
Yes.. you're correct.

Regards
Adam

knightphoenix
Rookie

Post by knightphoenix » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:00 am

I understand what your saying and if GM had any balls they would not had dropped the Firebird/Trans AM from its line up.
The next KITT has to be some kind of muscle car and I agree, a foriegn car would be a bad move!
As for the GTO, if it had some of the origanal 60's look to it maybe, but lets face it, the GTO is a bomb.
I sell Fords and I agree I would much rather see a T/A, but a manufacture will be choosen and the Mustang transends the auto lines.
Many GM, Chrysler, Toyota, etc., customers are coming in to check out the new Mustang and I believe that come spring your going to see an explosion of the Stangs on the road.
The GTO is just to plain.
By the way, TKR failed, not because of the Fords they used, it failed because they failed to put together a show worthy of being called KNIGHT RIDER, they went cheap in production.
MY version of TKR would have multi assortment of vehicles, like HUMMER, NEW COREVETTE, a Ford SUPER DUTY truck, and a new Strike Helicopter. It would have interesting plots, but lots of action, explosions and stunts.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:24 am

I forgot about the V6 Grand Prix and the Monte Carlo coming out in 2006 i think the Grand Prix would look nice as a KITT car.

I don't have any problems with the new mustang. I just didn't like the looks of the ones in the 90s and early 2000's. Oh yeah and the 80's ones. They didn't even look like a sports cars. At least the 2005 is going back to its roots, and its roots look nicer than some of the other retro looking cars that have sprung up. I am starting to lose all interest in GM vehicles because they all look so damn ugly.

Steve

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:38 am

Paul wrote:David talks about it (briefly) during the commentary on the pilot on the DVD. He basically says it's time, I want to do it, I think we should make the movie. To be honest he sounds more like an optimistic fan than a realistic moviemaker.
Well I think David will follow his own advice on this one, which is "believe in yourself and never give up on your dreams." This seems to be his message whenever he is asked about his success, so for this reason it gives me the impression that he will never give up on trying to get this movie made. Of course there's going to be obstacles as has been proven already, but it seems like he and Glen Larson are still trying. Besides, if he does give up, that would take away some credibility to his advice, I think.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:51 pm

I was....er...surfing and came across this little article from July '04. I hadn't heard of it before....

Hasselhoff Talks Knight Rider Movie
Wednesday, July 14, 2004 17:21
Posted by Paul Heath

Empire Online caught up with David Hasselhoff at the Spider-man 2 premiere here in London the other night, where the hairy one was asked on the state of the proposed Knight Rider movie.

Right now we're still working on a script," he says. "The first couple of scripts came in and just weren't what we wanted. We want to get it right because there's a lot of people waiting for Knight Rider."

The magazine also asked Hasselhoff if he'll be back as Michael Knight in the film. "I'm definitely going to get back behind the wheel but we're also bringing in a young kid, probably to play my son."

And what about the car? "New car and the same car," he added.

Any truth to it, I wonder?