Create your own Knight Vehicle

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KOPP
Rookie

Create your own Knight Vehicle

Post by KOPP » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:14 am

Hey, I just wanted to see what you guys could come up with. I've created my own: the Knight Official Patrol Phantom, or KOPP. Built in 1981, it's a car that came before KARR, but was destroyed during testing of its Electromagnetic Bullet Repulsion Field (EBRF), a pre-curser to the MBS. Wilton Knight then built KARR, and we know the rest. KITT was built, KARR was defeated(twice). In 1986, KOPP was rebuilt and upgraded partcially to KITT's specifications by April Curtis (which is why she left after the second season, I say), and was put in the field as a supplement to KITT. KOPP is a DeLorean DMC-12, and is more stealth-oriented then its sucessors. With a Rotating Printable Licence Plate Bar, it can create unlimited fake licence plates to fool pursuing vehicles (its default plate is "KOPP"). It has a scanner shield to cover its scanner, so as to blend in with other cars; however, it cannot scan while doing this. After its rebuild, it was sheathed in the MBS, and as such, is black. It has all of the features of KITT, plus a Night-Vision Windshield and Electrifiable Plating. The EBRF is not installed on the car, but KOPP can electrify its outer plating, to repluse any potential biological threats. KOPP is reluctant to use this, however, as he sees it as too similar a system to the one that destroyed him years ago.
KOPP has a blue scanner and voicebox. His voicebox animates differently than KITT's or KARR's, as the two outer lights stretch farther than the one in the middle, sort of like an "H." The interior, although upgraded after KITT's overhaul in 1985 (when KITT got a new dash), is the same design as KITT's older dashboard. KOPP's favorite feature is his "Ski Mode," where he can drive on his side. Although he doesn't mind his Turbo Boost, for some reason he likes his Ski Mode better. Another design difference between KOPP and KITT is that KOPP has no Super Pursuit Mode; this fact is often the butt of KITT's jokes whenever he encounters KOPP.
As far as KOPP's personality, he is not aggresive, and has all of KITT's personality safeties built in (such as the respect for human life). Unlike KITT's slightly peevish attitude, KOPP's voice sounds like that of an American caucasian man, mid-30's.
Okay, so that's my Knight vehicle. What's yours?
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

FIGHT the quest for Season 2 - spare us the trash!!

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:03 pm

A DeLorean with a scanner.Never thought of that before.Sounds interesting.Do you have any drawings made up of KOPP?
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:26 pm

Well, I have written a fic about a "new" driver and his truck, KAPT (Knight Automated Pickup Truck)

Dig around in my LJ, and you'll find 'em.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/fantine23/

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:03 pm

Oh, yes, I have blueprints and tech info galore on KOPP. Maybe I'll try to find a way to post them here; I'm not sure how, but I'll try to find out.
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:25 pm

Anyone else?

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:23 am

Or else.....

A heavily loaded 2002 Trans Am, with rockets, missiles, bombs, machine guns and a powerful laser. It has its own AI, which only recognises one action- attack. It is an aggressive machine which never keeps back its guns and rockets, but just like KITT, doesn't kill humans. No name decided. Michael and KITT have a hard time training him.

The Knight Industries Xtreme- A powerful jeep with rocket launchers, which tries to create as much trouble as possible, but is also slightly wicked, but not as hard-headed as the previous vehicle, but quite daring.

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:42 pm

That's awesome! KOPP, however, is more of a non-confrontational car that prefers to sneak around rather than fight all-out. Granted, he can kick the butt of any street thug, and beat anyone other car in a battle, but prefers not to. He's not a pacifist, but just isn't very violent. He only fights when it is the only option.

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:20 pm

Does anyone else have a Knight vehicle that they've made-up?

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:59 pm

In my mind's eye I see something black, something sleek...wait! It looks like a 1982 Trans Am! Nah, that's just to fool everyone, it's really a...1982 1/2 Trans Am with something swooshing back and forth in front, kind of like those things at the supermarket--what are they, scanners? Hmmm, I'll have to take a trip to Radio Shack. Maybe they'll have some kind of kit.

DK :P

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:24 pm

Sorry dude, but that's already been taken ;)
:karr:
:kittconv2:
I just found out the existance of these two very cool emoticons! KARR looks awesome in that two-tone paint job!

Crovax Ws-6
Rookie

Post by Crovax Ws-6 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:06 am

lol ive seen a Delorean with a Chevy Small block in it and oen with a Lotus Esprit Twin turbo in it, but never one that has been turned into a Kitt car lol

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:17 pm

I'll see about posting some of the blueprints for KOPP on this message board, can anyone tell me how? Oh, and you forgot mentioning that you've probably seen a DeLorean dressed-up as a time machine! I'm assuming that you've seen "Back to the Future"... ;)
But my car KOPP is pretty cool, and hopefully will be a reality some day!

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:36 pm

Other than the latest Trans-Am, I'd like to see a heavily modified 2005 Ford Mustang, sort of give the appearance of the 1970s style Mustang, back when they hardcore muscle. Of course, I'm probably the only one who would defend such a choice, because everyone knocks on Fords. I prefer protecting Mustangs, seeing that they are an icon onto themselves.

knightphoenix
Rookie

Post by knightphoenix » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:23 pm

i have been saying that the 2005 mustang GT would be great. I sell Fords for a living and the most popular new car is the 2005 Mustang, everyone wants to see. Its funny but customers who are chevy guys admitt that they love chevy, but the Mustang transends that. Watch for a Mustang come spring when the convertible and Rousch Mustangs are introduced for 2005.

Also go to http://www.patleck.com/quebecrpm/ford/mustang2005.htm

drop through the pictures, there is 2 black 2005 mustangs, one is a street version(pretty plain), but the other has that Knight Rider look to it.
Just remove the mustang sticker at the bottom of driver door and put a red scanner in the center of the grill.

let me know what you think, CJ

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:31 pm

You mean this Mustang?

I agree. This one definately looks like it belongs on "Knight Rider".

knightphoenix
Rookie

Post by knightphoenix » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:36 pm

yes, i agree also. i wish there was a way to send to David or Glen.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:06 pm

Would that be ironic though? Some of the fans hated TKR because they had Fords (and a lot of people here actually knock on Ford). And if the Mustang was used for KITT, that would make a second "Knight Rider" production featuring a Ford (not unless you count KR2010).

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:57 pm

I don't mind Ford, I just don't like new cars. It seems that all new cars are designed to resemble the "thug" or "punk" cars that I completely despise. I don't even like Pontiac anymore, they seem to try to be making their cars 'slick" and "too cool." I think that the new Mustang is the only car made after the year 1985 that I would spend my money on, besides the Chrysler Crossfire. Someone needs to add a scanner to that picture of that Mustang! That horse DOES look pretty cool, for a new car. What would the Mustang's name be?

I think my KOPP is cooler, though! ;)

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:15 pm

How about K.I.M.? Knight Industries Muscle or Knight Indisturies Mustang?

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:09 pm

That's cool, but shouldn't the acronym names be four letters? I like KIM, though. More creative than I could think of!

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:46 am

Well, how many acronym names can you come up with for a Knight Industries vehicle without it being repetitive and sound like something someone can actually say (i.e., your KOPP vehicle)? I mean, there'd be two KITTs (the 2000 and the 3000). TKR actually presented the better idea of naming the vehicles actual names (i.e. Dante, Domino, Beast, Kat, Plato) instead of making acronyms.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:01 am

Knight Industries Motor Mouth or KIMM for short. Sorry I had to say it.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

knightphoenix
Rookie

kitt needs a new car

Post by knightphoenix » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:17 pm

I don't know, my idea for a new TV series would have KITT return and be installed in the new MUSTANG, the KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TEN THOUSAND, K.I.T.T. reborn.
The new car would have offensive weapons, like smart missiles, machine guns with smart bullets, smart mortars, a new heads up tatical screen and a new nano-molecular bonded shell.
The smart weapons would be controlled by KITT and be for defensive purposes only. With the growing danger of terrorist, FLAG would have no choice to arm its Knight operative vehicles.
In future episodes, the nano-molecular shell would allow KITT to change colors or even later be able to turn invisible.

Check out the last James Bond movie that had a car in it with weapons and could turn invisible. Thats where I got my ideas from.

In the new movie or series, KITT has to have a new chassis and be more advance than before.

Just watch the commercials for new car ads, talking cars are coming.

Kurnsrider
Stranger

Post by Kurnsrider » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:34 pm

i don't know which one of you is the coolest.

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:21 pm

Which one of WHO is the coolest? Are you talking of KOPP compared to Reborn KITT? I was thinking of giving KOPP a Color-Change Mode, but decided to stick with the old Molecular-Bonded Shell that KITT had, as KOPP is not a future Knight Vehicle, but a contemporary of KITT and KARR; KOPP was rebuilt by April Curtis in 1984, in the same time as the beginning of the 3rd Season, that's why April wasn't there for the 3rd. I'm still debating whether or not to give KOPP a black MBS, or have the clear-type MBS that it looked like Goliath had. I think that originally the MBS was black, and that's why KITT was totally black, but I don't think that they had the cash to paint a big tractor-trailer, so the MBS didn't always have to be black. So I'm asking you people here: Should KOPP be black or normal DeLorean silver?