"Knight of the Drones", what happens to Kitt?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

"Knight of the Drones", what happens to Kitt?

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:22 pm

OK, I was 6 years old when I watched it and no were in my knight rider collection on nasty vhs is the season 3 opener and have no memory of this episode. Can someone tell me what happened to kitt I know he gets destroyed to get the new dash board and it was to have kitt keep up with technolgy(Junk Yard Dog is my favorite kitt destroyed episode) and if he had his shell, how did he get desroyed?, or was it removed like in Knight of the Jugernaut. Thanks!
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:00 pm

I believe he took a missle up the tailpipe.

Could be wrong...I've only read the script for that episode, and things change from paper to screen! :)

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:59 pm

So Kitt blew up??, that sucks. I assume Michael was away from Kitt when it happened like in Junk Yard Dog.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

KARR 2000
Rookie

Post by KARR 2000 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:12 pm

If I remember correctly, KITT ejected Michael right before he got hit.
So...... I have no idea what to write here.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:36 pm

Really?, wow so did Kitt blow up totally or was there some pieces left over and Bonnie had to rebuild him from scratch right?, I thought his shell protectes from missles as well?

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:34 pm

What I gathered from the script was that while the Trans-Am was pretty much intact, KITT's systems were *badly* damaged.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:50 pm

Ok well kitt was just trying to get away from the drone car and the drone car had a missle lock on kitt's tailpipe and kitt eject michael through the t-top and got blown up then bonnie fixes kitt up with the technology parts and more.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:29 am

Fantine wrote:What I gathered from the script was that while the Trans-Am was pretty much intact, KITT's systems were *badly* damaged.
yeh it kinda had a burnt out shell left, and KITT himself (ie the computer inside) and the car's engine etc and all of KITTs "gadgets" were blown to smitherines! (what IS the spelling of that word? lol!)
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:39 am

Wow that sucks. I know that on scifi is going to play the epsiode on 1/27/05 in the marathon, but does anyone know were I can find the script on that episode if there is still one around?, thanks, if not I'll just watch it and it doesn't look like Kitt got anything new except a new dash and the light pedal.

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:11 pm

dont look at the script before you see the show, that ruins everything :)

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:35 pm

Regarding how KITT can get destroyed despite his poorly-named Molecular Bonded Shell, it has happened several times. This is a "manual" on how to destroy KITT ;-)

--KITT's MBS is impervious to anything but a LASER. To a low-powered laser, the only vulnerable spot is right in the scanner, but to a high-powered laser, anything goes. Also, a medium-powered laser can melt KITT's tires.

--Although nobody knows what will happen when an immovable object meets an indestructible force, we do know that if indestructible KITT is rammed by something bigger that is also shielded by the MBS, KITT can be totally mauled. KITT was thusly beat up by Goliath.

--KITT has a vulnerable entry point into his interior systems by way of his EXHAUST PIPE. If a missile as fired into this small target, KITT's interior systems will be destroyed.

--Although Knight Industries vehicles are resistant to normal water, if one is submerged in ACID WATER or CONTAMINATED WATER (although the MBS is mainly unaffected) the systems that are exposed deteriorate, and the water seeps into the rest of the vehicle, thereby destroying the car.

--If one can get the "recipe" for the alloy that is molecularly-grafted onto the plating of KITT or KARR, one can make a solution that will dissolve the bonding, thereby causing the car to take normal damage, and be vulnerable to pains suffered by ordinary cars.

This "manual" does not take into account possible modifications that Knight Industries technicions may have made to the design specs of Knight vehicles. These methods of destroying a Knight Industries vehicle, if such an occurance would become necessary, may be null and void due to possible but un-confirmed upgrades to the original design. For futher information, please contact DEVON MILES of Knight Industries at 555-1701.

;-)
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

FIGHT the quest for Season 2 - spare us the trash!!

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:58 pm

Knight of Sweden wrote:dont look at the script before you see the show, that ruins everything :)
LoL, probably does take a little of the fun out of it; but I just can't help myself. :)

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:43 pm

KOPP wrote:Regarding how KITT can get destroyed despite his poorly-named Molecular Bonded Shell, it has happened several times. This is a "manual" on how to destroy KITT ;-)

--KITT's MBS is impervious to anything but a LASER. To a low-powered laser, the only vulnerable spot is right in the scanner, but to a high-powered laser, anything goes. Also, a medium-powered laser can melt KITT's tires.

--Although nobody knows what will happen when an immovable object meets an indestructible force, we do know that if indestructible KITT is rammed by something bigger that is also shielded by the MBS, KITT can be totally mauled. KITT was thusly beat up by Goliath.

--KITT has a vulnerable entry point into his interior systems by way of his EXHAUST PIPE. If a missile as fired into this small target, KITT's interior systems will be destroyed.

--Although Knight Industries vehicles are resistant to normal water, if one is submerged in ACID WATER or CONTAMINATED WATER (although the MBS is mainly unaffected) the systems that are exposed deteriorate, and the water seeps into the rest of the vehicle, thereby destroying the car.

--If one can get the "recipe" for the alloy that is molecularly-grafted onto the plating of KITT or KARR, one can make a solution that will dissolve the bonding, thereby causing the car to take normal damage, and be vulnerable to pains suffered by ordinary cars.

This "manual" does not take into account possible modifications that Knight Industries technicions may have made to the design specs of Knight vehicles. These methods of destroying a Knight Industries vehicle, if such an occurance would become necessary, may be null and void due to possible but un-confirmed upgrades to the original design. For futher information, please contact DEVON MILES of Knight Industries at 555-1701.

;-)
That was awesome :twisted: , yea it makes perfect sense and thanks for explaining it. Especially the whole Exhaust pipe and acid water. I always wondered why in Junk Yard Dog why kitts outbody(tires,ect..) was in tact but inside he got all eaten up. That makes more sense now. Thanks again! 8) Love the "Manual" by the way, hope it didn't take to long to make up. :)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:08 pm

Here's the clip... I think it's pretty big, like 5MB or so: (it's old)

http://www.knightridermovie.com/mpegs/drones1.mpg
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:51 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Here's the clip... I think it's pretty big, like 5MB or so: (it's old)

Holy crap that was awesome!! The best episodes are when Kitt gets destroyed and then he comes back better :twisted: , thanks for sending that. It makes sense going through the exhaust that he blow up from the inside and I had to watch it 3 times to hear what KItt said but now I got it. "Please Forgive Me Pal". Is there anymore clip after that part?

Scoth
Volunteer

Post by Scoth » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:49 pm

It's been ages since I saw this ep, but wasn't KITT still talking to Bonnie when being towed into the semi after recovery? I always sort of counted this one and Goliath as semi-destroyed since KITT himself was still online, just not quite with it. Even the Juggernaut one I'm betting KITT's core memory was intact, even if the functionality was damaged. At least, I've always felt that KITT was more than just the car :)

Scott

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:52 pm

Oh, spiffers, thanks for the clip!

I apologize for the bubbly thanks; I teach preschoolers and sometimes the chirky-happy-sappy stuff sticks around. :lol:

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:46 pm

Glad you liked the "manual" MikeMac! I could start a website with all the technical information on KITT and KARR that I have accumilated.
Oh, and by the way, that "manual" was classified information that I "borrowed" from Knight Industries back in '86...almost got my butt run over by a pursuing Knight Industries Assistant vehicle! ;-)
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:41 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Here's the clip... I think it's pretty big, like 5MB or so: (it's old)

I am a true KR fan and do not remember seeing this episode. "KITT, KITT, Are you Okay Buddy?"

A man and his "PET" car. Thank God for the fabulous technicians and Knight Industries... Otherwise, KITT would never get repaired.

Squealer
Volunteer

Post by Squealer » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:38 am

I cannot remember already... But what was Michael's response when KITT was destroyed?

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:45 am

I don't remember, but I do know what I would say if my Knight Industries vehicle was destroyed: "NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO! Do you know how much this cost me?"

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:51 pm

Fantine wrote:I believe he took a missle up the tailpipe.
I cant stop laughing everytime i read at. LOL!!! :lol:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:59 pm

I suppose that *does* paint a unique picture, in hindsight. lol