Anyone order Don Peake's soundtrack from Hitchcock Media yet

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PBH
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Anyone order Don Peake's soundtrack from Hitchcock Media yet

Post by PBH » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:57 pm

Just wondering how the service was as well as the CD itself.

Also, something I don't get. As this site advertises, Mention "Knight Rider" and Don Peake will sign your CD. But, wouldn't we NEED to mention "Knight Rider" to order it anyway? Or is it "Knight Rider Online" that we need to mention?

Thanks everyone!
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:31 am

I haven't ordered the CD from Hitchcock as I was fortunate enough to meet Don at the Knight Nationals. The CD is top notch and really enjoyable if your a fan of the scores to the epsidoes.

When Don contacted me in email about this he told me simply that people who mention Knight Rider he would sign the copy. Other sites usually have mention the site you found it on, but I'm not sure that it's needed. I would mention Knight Rider and menton that you want Don to Autograph as you have seen here, and I don't think you'll have a problem.

TJP
Stranger

Post by TJP » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:43 am

Being a huge fan of Knight Rider as well as electronic scores in general, this was an offer I couldn't refuse. I ordered the CD from Hitchcock Media's website on December 13th, paid via credit card.

After I submitted my order, I sent an e-mail to the address listed on their webpage and asked if Mr. Peake does indeed sign CDs for free if requested (and yes, I did indeed learn about Hitchcock Media and the opportunity to have the CD signed from here - I might have just registered but I've been following this message board for some time now). One day later I received a reply from Ron (Hitchcock) who said that he'll gladly ask Don to sign my CD and it should delay the shipping by only a day or two.

The CD arrived Wednesday which was amazingly fast, considering that it was an international delivery (I live in Finland), and Mr. Peake had indeed signed it to me personally. Easily my best Christmas present this year :-)

Overall I was very impressed with the level of service and had no problems whatsoever. The CD itself is, of course, fantastic. The third season is my favorite as far as the series and the music goes and I was somewhat disappointed when the earlier release (from Hi-Tech Records, if my memory serves me right) didn't have the score from Junk Yard Dog. This one does - it's great stuff.

If you like the music, do order the CD - whether you live in the US or not. No problems with international orders, in case someone is worried about that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Volume 2 in the future!

Off-topic: Just wanted to mention, this being my first message here, that I like this message board and the people in here. Most message boards are filled with flaming, stupid arguments and completely ridiculous messages (why anyone would feel the need to answer a simple question like "What was the song in the episode X?" with "Who cares? That episode sucked!" or "Oh man, I have a terrible flu! Don't know about the song." is something I'll never know). It's nice to see quality conversations going on here. Keep up the good work :-)

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:47 pm

Great news! I'm going to order it right away. Comments to come when the cd arrives...

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:42 am

is there a time limit to when u can still ask for don's autograph? i won't be able to order the cd until the end of the month, you see.

with a second volume i have to say that i hope he includes the goliath soundtrack (the original film) as that has my very favourite music too. i love the sound of season three and four, but i always loved the late season one/early season two sound (hearts of stone up to the first handful of season two).

fingers crossed...
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:17 am

For those of us (Me) that don't know - link???

I had no idea a CD release of Peake's Knight Rider was takinga second whirl!
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:44 pm

Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:44 pm

Silly me, don't even know why I asked. Shorlty after I went to good old google.com and found it like that.

But I am hesitant to buy, after the Hi-Tech Records thing.

Am waiting to see what people's experiences are and if anyone even gets the CD.

Hopefully it will sell well and we can get more and even Stu Phillips work as well.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:28 am

I bought the cd and I have to say that I'm very pleased indeed. The cd consist of music from 6 different episodes and apart from Halloween Knigt they are all just amazing. Especially the music from Scent Of Roses where Michael decides to return to FLAG is just so.... after all it is one of the great if not the greatest Knigt Rider moment. Also the sounds from Mouth Of The Snake rock and it sounds better now than in the episode itself. Let It Be Me and White Bird a bit "slower" than the other songs but are just as good as the rest and who could forget the great "beverly hills knigt rider" from Junk Yard Dog. And then Halloween Knight....well it is not bad but the score from that episode just doesn't do it for me.

If you are thinking about the quality of sound I can tell you that you can stop worrying. The sound quality is as good as it gets. The artwork in the sleeve runs it purpose but you can see that this isn't a major release as the picture quality isn't perfect...but good enough for me. The cd itself has only the track names, the title and the credits printed with the color black on the blank cd. So if you are interested, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get this.

Brian99_1
Volunteer

Post by Brian99_1 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:03 am

tharpdevenport

I ordered this cd a few months ago and I know what you mean about being hesitant to order after the Hi-tech records problems awhile back.

I wouldn't even hesitate to order from these people again! It was the best experience I've ever had ordering from a cd company in my life.
I ordered the cd and asked like most I'm sure to have it signed by Don Peake.

A couple weeks later no CD so I sent an email to the company saying that it hadn't show up and got a response from the owner Mr. Hitchcock saying he was very sorry and if it didn't show up in a couple days would send another one ASAP. SO a couple days past and nothing we emailed for several days (he was just checking to see if it had shown while waiting for Mr. Peake to come in and sign another batch) and he with no hesitation told me that Mr. Peake was coming in again and that he would have another signed and sent to me again.
Well no sooner did he say that but the same day (there is a time difference because we are on opposite coasts) the original disc arrives (with signature). it seems the mail service misplaced it for a bit or something. Anyway this company will pretty much do what it takes to get the promised merchandise to you and I recommend Hitchcock media without reservation!

So yeah Justin I would say forget about Hi-Tech records these guys may be a small operation but they certainly are trust worthy.
The only thing I liked about the HiTech cd better was that the episodes were cut up into pieces while the episode on the new disc are just 1 long track. Either way Great Knight Rider 80 TV scores if they do a volume 2 I will buy it in a second

Brian99_1

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:09 pm

My aunt got me the CD for my birthday. It is awesome! And signed. A word of advice- make sure you have someone realiable shipping it so it doesn't get ruined. Darn mail guys cracked the case :(
Knight Rider 2day 2morrow 4ever

Leaving the forum May 3, 2006. (Losing internet connection.) Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!! -- Dropped in Feb 18, 2008 to say 'hi'.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:04 pm

Hey, when I worked in the Post Office (Delivering mail) there was this guy who prepares each of our Package carts (Big carts for pages that we get after they are done and we are ready to leave).

He stands there with them almsot all the way around him and he jsut throws them into each one.

It's no wonder thigns get cracked, or broken.

Words of advice from a former Postal Employee:

- DON'T put anything ina envelope other than paper. Things like change, rings and things that make the envelope have a tough extension, get caught in the sorting machine and it jams and hundreds of letter go threw at once and they get shreaded to hell and we have no clue where they go.
(Hope it wasn't a check)

- DON'T pack thinly. It's itsn't inportant, use a good layer of bubble wrap, maybe even putting a small piece inside the CD so the cover can't bend in and break.

- DON'T mail it if it's rattling. You might see your package on the ^:00 news.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Re: ...

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:04 pm

tharpdevenport wrote:
- DON'T put anything ina envelope other than paper. Things like change, rings and things that make the envelope have a tough extension, get caught in the sorting machine and it jams and hundreds of letter go threw at once and they get shreaded to hell and we have no clue where they go.
(Hope it wasn't a check)
Hmm...I wonder if that's why sometimes when I get my car magazines they're torn to pieces. They do put an apology stamp on it though. :?

- DON'T mail it if it's rattling. You might see your package on the ^:00 news.
LOL that's great :lol:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:47 pm

^ They have Apology baggies they are supposed to put the magazine in so it doesn't get further messed up.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Re: ...

Post by LadyV2000 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:01 pm

tharpdevenport wrote:^ They have Apology baggies they are supposed to put the magazine in so it doesn't get further messed up.
now that you mention it, it did come in a little bag with an apology stamp on it. ok, enough digressing off the subject. Sorry Phil :oops:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

dust
Stranger

Post by dust » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:10 pm

the CD is fantastic. I live in the UK and ordered it before it was released after chatting to Don Peake himself via email. In fact, according to Mr Hitchcock when I enquired about the initial release delay (due to Stu Phillips and his lawyers!), mine was the first copy that was signed! :lol:

roll on volume 2!!

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:39 pm

Any chance this CD will be available on amazon?