Knight Rider Legacy

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

UKKnightRiderFan
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Legacy

Post by UKKnightRiderFan » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:04 am

I've waited for what has seemed like ages and now I have THE book :D I've only read a few pages and I'm looking forward to reading the whole book later on. It was money well spent.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:35 am

I hope you enjoy it! :D
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:03 pm

I havent found that book anywhere :(

ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:20 pm

Hi

Are you in UK or US

Amazon.co.uk have one left in stock but will have more soon and Marketplace it is half price

Here is link for you

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 22-3392663

Here is amazon.com link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

Hope it helps

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:28 pm

8) Is there anyway to get the book with out using the net? I would really enjoy having a copy of the book but I am not going to order it over the net due to the fact that I don't have a credit card and right now have no job. You can't get a credit card with no job and bad credit. So if anyone can help me out with that info I'd greatly appreciate it. 8)

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:20 pm

You can always do what I did.. I got mine from Ebay!

Sometimes you do get lucky! My book came with the entire VHS set of tapes of all the KR episodes! (I'm still loving them, Joe)

It was the best money I ever spent. The book is full of great trivia, fun facts, wonderful interviews and stuff you never thought of before. Once you pick it up, you don't want to put it down!

Keep your eyes peeled on Ebay! It worked for me and you don't even need a credit card.

~Beth C

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:24 pm

8) Thanks for the tip. However I first will need to make sure that I have some money. No sence ordering something with no cash. I check out Ebay for the Knight Rider Game for P.C. and no such luck. Ebay is a good place for deals providing that you have the cash and it isn't something from an auction. Because then I would never get the thing. But you never know what time might bring so I will try to keep my eyes and ears open for anything like that.(so to speak). By the way if anyone wants to give me some infor via Email - go right ahead. O.K. thanks and have a great day. 8)

UKKnightRiderFan
Volunteer

Post by UKKnightRiderFan » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:00 pm

With me living in the UK, I just went to Waterstones book store and ordered it from there. Took two weeks and I've read it already. It really is a fascinating book and has answered many of my questions.

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:11 pm

8) Thanks for the tip. When I can get some cash I'll just order it from my local book store. Then I'll be able to enjoy the book that all of you seem to enjoy already. 8)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:49 pm

It is good, I read it in one whole day.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:01 am

8) Couple of questions; 1 - how many pages long is it? 2 - paper back or hardback? 3 - Approximate price ? 4 - Who publishes it? 5 - Who is the writer? Information I need to know when ordering the book so that I get the right one. 8) ( P.S. Feel free to E-mail me the answers to the questions - if you want to.) 8)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:53 am

You could in the past, and I believe still.. go into your local Barnes and Noble and they can order the book for you so you can pick it up right there.

All your other questions can be answered on the Amazon page:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:12 am

To answer your questions:

It's 400+ pages
Paperback
$27.95 USD
Published by iUniverse
Co-authored by me

Joe Huth
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:49 am

hey Joe

Do you have any #s on how many copy's of knight legacy have been sold? Wasn't there a mistake version also?
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:46 am

I get a statement every three months with the number of copies sold for that time period. I've been meaning to pull out all the statements and add up the number sold...a job for a rainy day perhaps...

There are currently 3 versions of the book...the first was a very limited run (from August to November 2002) and didn't contain the interviews with Michael Scheffe and Rebecca Holden. You can identify this version as it has a disclaimer on the front cover stating that "This book was not approved, endorsed, etc by anyone involved in making Knight Rider". Version 2 (Nov 2002 - Jan 2004) included those interviews mentioned above. This version can be identified as it is the same cover as version 1, but without the disclaimer. Finally, the 3rd version (Jan 2004-present) is identical to the previous one except that it has a new cover...mainly black with white lettering. Knight Rider Legacy was selected by the publisher to be in the "Star Program" due to its success, and they redesigned the cover to help continue sales.

I'll see if I can get a pic of all three versions side by side.

Thanks,
Joe

marctronixx
Recruit

Post by marctronixx » Tue May 03, 2005 6:36 pm

so these books listed here below are the current ones? do you recommend i lok for the older versions or is the later version the best one to get?

http://search.ebay.com/Knight-Rider-Leg ... 40QQsojsZ1

alcoholica_316
Volunteer

Post by alcoholica_316 » Tue May 03, 2005 8:09 pm

my wife got me the book for our anniversary last year...or was it the year before? :roll: ...i can't remember.
i just went to the bookstore (border's -any bookstore would do) and had them order it. it didn't take that long to get.
it was very fun and interesting to read.
since i just bought a house, it's packed away in a box somewhere or else i'd start to read it again just for the heck of it.
hey joe- any chance i could send you my copy and get an autograpgh?! :D

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue May 03, 2005 8:29 pm

I recently ordered a hard copy, as I read an Ebook version from amazon.

It's been about 3 weeks and have heard nothing from Amazon as the order is still pending.

As I understand it, it is a "print on order" kind of book so I guess patience is a virtue with this.

Also, they have two versions of the book at amazon...I ordered the one with the purple and black cover, I think thats the old version.

I didn't see the up to date version until later afterward, on there.

Whether I receive the first edition is a question I am eager to find out.

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Tue May 03, 2005 9:11 pm

marctronixx wrote:so these books listed here below are the current ones? do you recommend i lok for the older versions or is the later version the best one to get?

http://search.ebay.com/Knight-Rider-Leg ... 40QQsojsZ1
The books with a solid black background and white lettering are part of the third, most recent edition. The third edition is A) easier to get (still in print) and B) has more stuff in it. Look for that one. :wink:

marctronixx
Recruit

Post by marctronixx » Wed May 04, 2005 2:04 am

you mean the one in the links i posted right?

can you tell me why the original version is still more expensive? is it because the book is out of print?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed May 04, 2005 9:45 am

I believe I have the 2nd edition with the red & purple cover. I happen to like this cover best, but I guess I'd have been better off waiting for the latest version with the most information. Had I known three different versions were going to come out, maybe I'd have waited.

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Wed May 04, 2005 2:55 pm

marctronixx wrote:you mean the one in the links i posted right?

can you tell me why the original version is still more expensive? is it because the book is out of print?
Yeah, although the picture in that auction is a stock photo, meaning it's not the actual book that's for sale in the auction. Bid at your own risk, 'cause you may end up with a first edition.

I've got no idea why the original is more expensive, but if I had to guess I'd say because it's out of print. Kinda silly, isn't it? You get more book for less money if you buy the current version.

Hope that helps. 8)

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed May 04, 2005 3:31 pm

I received my book in February 2003 and it's with purple cover and contains the Rebecca Holden & Michael Scheffe interviews. It's the 2nd version.
I'm under impression that the latest version is exactly the same book as i have but with new cover.

-KITTfan-

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Wed May 04, 2005 4:18 pm

The co-author confirmed that the second and third version are identical except for a different cover:
Joe Huth wrote:Finally, the 3rd version (Jan 2004-present) is identical to the previous one except that it has a new cover...mainly black with white lettering. Knight Rider Legacy was selected by the publisher to be in the "Star Program" due to its success, and they redesigned the cover to help continue sales.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Wed May 04, 2005 11:40 pm

The last time I checked (which was months ago), I could order the book from Borders. I don't know if they still do, however.