What annoys you about Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

R.J.1984
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by R.J.1984 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:46 am

Nothing about the show cheesed me off. I enjoy watching it way to much. However -I don't much care for the way they cut out parts of the show. Best to show the entire episode instead of cutting out parts to make it run in the time allotted. That was the only thing I didn't like.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:06 am

The "gadget of the week."

I didn't like the way April (sometimes Bonnie) would install some new system at the beginning of the episode which convienently would be exactly what Michael needed later on. If they built something for a specific need (such as giving KITT a laser to fight KARR) that was OK, I just didn't like the coincidence of the other systems.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:49 am

The happy endings where all the characters would burst into spontaneous laughter (usually in the semi). I always preferred it when Michael and KITT would just drive off into the sunset after all the loose ends had been tied up.

- Paul
- Knight Rider Archive
- http://members.fortunecity.com/knightriders/

Bonnie Barstow
Volunteer

Post by Bonnie Barstow » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:18 am

Hasselhoff

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:21 am

Bonnie Barstow wrote:Hasselhoff
Hey, thats not fair - he was the star of the show - don't get me wrong - I like Patricia Mcpherson, but David was the star of the show next to Kitt.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:00 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:The happy endings where all the characters would burst into spontaneous laughter (usually in the semi). I always preferred it when Michael and KITT would just drive off into the sunset after all the loose ends had been tied up.

- Paul
- Knight Rider Archive
That would be the 80s, my friend :wink:
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:38 am

I thought Hasselhoff's acting was GREAT throughout the whole series! The way he showed emotion made it believable. He could only act out however, what the script told him too! But, then again I am big fan of the actor....
I didnt like RC3 either, saw no point in the character...
When Michael turned back after a turbo boost, that was kinda annoying, huh?
And you guys are right, you KNEW Michael would never get seriously hurt, or he would be better like the next day!!!
The series shouldve ended with him getting married....then they couldve taken the future epidsodes from there. I dont believe Michael Knight would've ever "quit" his job...

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:06 am

True, I don't think Michael would have quit his job either! "The Scent of Roses" gets around this pretty well, but Michael sums up his own character perfectly in "A Good Knight's Work":

"I've never been a quitter. I'm not going to start now."

Couldn't have put it better myself!

- Paul
- Knight Rider Archive

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:51 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:The happy endings where all the characters would burst into spontaneous laughter (usually in the semi). I always preferred it when Michael and KITT would just drive off into the sunset after all the loose ends had been tied up.

- Paul
- Knight Rider Archive
Yeah, there were loads of *really* cheesy endings with everyone falsely laughing.

I particularly remember the endings of both "White Bird", "The Scent of Roses" and the "Pilot" episode being a few of the best endings.

Also, I hated it when Michael would shout "Turbo Boost", ordering KITT to activate it, yet on the majority of times that he did this, a shot of his finger pressing the TB button would follow, instead of the TB light coming on.

Also hated Michael always pointing his finger at everyone! That really did annoy me!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:07 pm

At least the endings weren't as bad as CHiPs where they would break into Laughter and Pause the film, then start up again, then pause, then start up again. Really annoying. After watching a bunch of Season 1 episodes last night, I really enjoy the simple ending of them driving into the sunset, I'd have to agree with your there Paul.

I could definitely see Michael quitting. After time, anything can wear away at you no matter what you may have said in the past.

The gadgets conveniently added for that episode annoyed me too. As did Michael's random button pressing.

Kirin
Recruit

Post by Kirin » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:07 pm

I don't know, I always liked these things that people find "annoying" in Knight Rider. It all added to the unintentional hilarity of the whole show.

:)

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:54 pm

one other thing that always got to me is even in pre-spm mode when they would roll the tape faster to make it look like the cars were going faster.it was amazing how fast the dust would cloud up and dissipate along with it :D
the dukes of hazzard did this also.

KI2000
Rookie

Post by KI2000 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:51 pm

@ previous comment: we're talking about the 80's you know ;-) they didn't have the possibillities they now have :D

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:26 am

i know were talking about the 80's and that's when they were filmed(hence the title of this post) but it still got on my nerves back then.it is also like when both shows would shoot something in the day but darken the picture to make it look like a night scene yet you could see how bright the sun was shining and the reflections off windows and such.i know they didn't have the technology back then but i feel why even bother,it is better to show them going at their actual speeds or don't show it at all or at the least, shoot it on a paved road where there is no dust:D

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:56 am

Yep... Regonald Cornelious the Third.. IIRC.....
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:12 am

another little nit-pick i noticed tonight is when kitt would pull into the semi,there was barely enough room to open the door but when they go to the next view,suddenly there is about 4 feet on each side of the car.

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:18 am

I'm still trying to figure out the whole going in and out of the semi... Going in without launching through the front.. and coming out without giving Michael a huge whiplash....
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:23 pm

three words knight rider 2000
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:51 pm

Well,the semi is kinda like the Tardis from Doctor Who:Larger on the inside than the outside.As to KITT pulling in and reversing;I suppose it would be a matter of the car matching speed with the semi and then the semi braking very slightly with the car releasing the gas pedal and braking precisely all the way in.Backing out,that's just putting it in neutral and braking until you hit the pavement and then putting in drive(which I believe is explained in Knight Moves on the special features).pant,pant,pant(holds head)My brain hurts now...
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:19 pm

hi guys , that's my first post in here , so i hope u will be kind to me :D

i was just thinking of posting a new topic in here when i saw this one, so here goes:
i just finished watching a couple of episodes from the first season ( i bought the first season as well) and i noticed something very annoying - michael was pushing several buttons in K.I.T.T upper console with no apparent reason!!! why is that? he was not going to "turbo boost" or anything - just pursuit someone

very weird if you ask me

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:57 pm

What I'm finding really annoying right now is the bimbo-of-the-week, damsel in distress, and Michael's playa attitude. I have no respect for men who act like that in real life so season 1 is making me want to throw things at the screen. I haven't seen a lot of the eps in a long time and I think I blocked that out. ;-)

I need to go watch White Bird again so I can regain some of my respect for Michael.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:18 pm

knightshade wrote:What I'm finding really annoying right now is the bimbo-of-the-week, damsel in distress, and Michael's playa attitude. I have no respect for men who act like that in real life so season 1 is making me want to throw things at the screen. I haven't seen a lot of the eps in a long time and I think I blocked that out. ;-)

I need to go watch White Bird again so I can regain some of my respect for Michael.

an excellent episode! i watched it yesterday

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:12 pm

I hate how michael kiss every girl atlest once in every episode ARRRRRGGG that drives my to insanity
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

KnightRider2000
Operative

Annoys me

Post by KnightRider2000 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:55 pm

Wise shots if KITT's dashboard that shows a sloppy job, then it shows better on the closeups. I fianlly understand, Don Colie makes a wide veiw dash that's acutally in teh car, and Mark of Marks Custom Kits, makes the dashes seen in the closeup (with the tv frames and all). Boy those TVs looking different in shots bugged me....

-KnightRider2000

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:26 pm

Trooper... about coming out of the Semi.. I though neutral as well.. but if you watch.. the reverse lights are on.. meaning its in gear... oh well. And about the dashes... There are several companies that all make very good stuff... IMHO Don's stuff is really good, as well as Mark's. I saw Don's up close and personal... But can't remember if I saw one of Mark's yet. But everyone has their own opinion.
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6