What annoys you about Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

edwardknight2005
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by edwardknight2005 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:15 am

Only thing that annoyed me was how Garth and Michael changed clothes in the 2 part episode "Goliath" it's like how did they do that and why?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:19 am

Lost Knight wrote:AIDS in Sesame Street?!? Say it ain't so!
This was told to me by a friend....years ago...and that friend of mine wasn't the type to say hoaxes. But in any case, I would like to hear from others here what their opinion is...if its just a prank story or real. I would definitely be interested in hearing it.

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:21 am

I still love KR no matter what mistakes there are. The only thing that bothers me is the clothes! Some of then were pretty tacky, looking back now:)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:30 pm

Starying off-topic, but just to clear up the Sesame Street rumor: Sesame Street added an HIV-positive muppet to its show in South Africa. Children there are confronted with the issue far more than American children are, so the government wanted to help teach them a little more about the disease and about tolerance.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/091702.shtml
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:06 pm

HondaSiR wrote:
LadyV2000 wrote:I remember hearing a while ago that some people wanted to take Bert and Ernie off Sesame Street for the same reason. i mean COME ON!
I remember vaguely the storyline of Sesame Street...didn't the network kill off Ernie's character (by acquiring AIDS)? If so, then who would be the person who would have given it to him? Who was the one person who always shared the same room with him at night and who always was his companion during the day? Bert! I wonder if the kids watching the show made the easy connection. :roll:
AHHH!!! thats horrible. i know i havent seen the show in a long time, but there's no way they would do that here. i do remember hearing that they were going to introduce a character that had AIDS on the South African version of sesame street, because of the AIDS epidemic there. maybe thats where you heard the rumor from. wow i know way too much about kids shows :P
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:56 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Starying off-topic, but just to clear up the Sesame Street rumor: Sesame Street added an HIV-positive muppet to its show in South Africa. Children there are confronted with the issue far more than American children are, so the government wanted to help teach them a little more about the disease and about tolerance.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/091702.shtml
Ahh, so that's where it all started. It is kind of hard to imagine a Sesame Street scenario involving such heavy topics such as death and AIDS. Thanks for the info, Michael.
LadyV2000 wrote:AHHH!!! thats horrible. i know i havent seen the show in a long time, but there's no way they would do that here. i do remember hearing that they were going to introduce a character that had AIDS on the South African version of sesame street, because of the AIDS epidemic there. maybe thats where you heard the rumor from. wow i know way too much about kids shows
Yup, the South African version is probably what my friend was thinking about, not the US version. I guess the problem there regarding the disease is well out of proportion now to warrant such programs. Such a sad reality.

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:51 pm

unfortunately I am aware of Africa's AIDs epidemic...It's too bad AIDS had to hit Sesame Street

kywolverine708
Recruit

Post by kywolverine708 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:34 am

The thing that bugged me was. Why not just tell KITT to turboboost instead of using the button. Use the button for emergency use only.

Any time you would see KITT use his t-tops. One time they were in hot pursuit and the t-top was activated and it just moved up like the 200 mph he was hitting would not rip the top off Indesructable shell or not. Then in another episode he activated the top and the drivers side just moved toward the passenger side like a moonroof. you dont see it moving over just disappearing.

It was the 1980's and Michael Knight was taking on the biggest and baddest criminals in the era. They were so bad he needed a multi million dollar, indesructable. The coolest car on earth but..... he never had a gun. All these baddies would be armed to the teeth and michael was unarmed. Just did not make any sense.

Let's not forget 90% he was in California, everyone around him would be wearing shorts, shortsleeves, miniskirts. And here this grown man driving up in a black car with a longsleeve shirt and a black coat. And NO BODY looked at him like "idiot"

It is tv ..... but even with all these questions I still love this show......
I also loved Dukes of Hazzard--even though it even had more questions than KR

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:51 am

Getting back on topic (after being sidetracked by Sesame Street), I would say that the thing I hate so much is that it only lasted four seasons. Being a long time fan of the show, its hard to hate anything about something that you love. Given the blooper scenes and goofaws...being a fan, you learn to look beyond its weaknesses and faults. I am proud to say that if the show annoys me in any way, it has to be its short four season lifespan.

KNIGHTBOY
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHTBOY » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:45 am

kywolverine708 wrote: It was the 1980's and Michael Knight was taking on the biggest and baddest criminals in the era. They were so bad he needed a multi million dollar, indesructable. The coolest car on earth but..... he never had a gun. All these baddies would be armed to the teeth and michael was unarmed. Just did not make any sense.
Yeah that always cracked me up. All these nasty criminals would always let some dude in cowboy boots kick the gun out of their hands and then they'd get knocked out with one or two punches. Michael must have had fists of steel or something!

And what's with all these armored cars and trucks with pop-out machine guns and rocket launchers??? Who would actually NEED something like that? If you want to kill someone, there's much easier ways to do it than chasing them around in a death car. LOL

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:13 pm

kywolverine708 wrote:The thing that bugged me was. Why not just tell KITT to turboboost instead of using the button. Use the button for emergency use only.

Any time you would see KITT use his t-tops. One time they were in hot pursuit and the t-top was activated and it just moved up like the 200 mph he was hitting would not rip the top off Indesructable shell or not. Then in another episode he activated the top and the drivers side just moved toward the passenger side like a moonroof. you dont see it moving over just disappearing.

It was the 1980's and Michael Knight was taking on the biggest and baddest criminals in the era. They were so bad he needed a multi million dollar, indesructable. The coolest car on earth but..... he never had a gun. All these baddies would be armed to the teeth and michael was unarmed. Just did not make any sense.

Let's not forget 90% he was in California, everyone around him would be wearing shorts, shortsleeves, miniskirts. And here this grown man driving up in a black car with a longsleeve shirt and a black coat. And NO BODY looked at him like "idiot"

It is tv ..... but even with all these questions I still love this show......
I also loved Dukes of Hazzard--even though it even had more questions than KR
Well, that's '80s television for ya! As for the Turbo Boost button, the whole idea is to have manual control. K.I.T.T. could think for himself but only if Michael permitted him to. You could then ask, "Well since KITT could drive himself, why did Michael drive or why was there even a steering wheel?" Again, because the idea is to give the "pilot" manual control.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:27 pm

HondaSiR wrote:Getting back on topic (after being sidetracked by Sesame Street), I would say that the thing I hate so much is that it only lasted four seasons. Being a long time fan of the show, its hard to hate anything about something that you love. Given the blooper scenes and goofaws...being a fan, you learn to look beyond its weaknesses and faults. I am proud to say that if the show annoys me in any way, it has to be its short four season lifespan.
that is so true. i've seen the goof ups but i just ignore them or laugh them off. i also know that show isnt real either but that doesnt stop me from imaging that maybe somewhere there's a beautiful black trans am out there with a super intelligent computer in it. :)
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:16 pm

Micheal Shouting "Yeah" all the time, Mainly after a Turbo boost

Micheal's "Moody" look when driving, It always makes me crack up laughing

KITT's "Prissyness" can get on my nerves sometime, Cause for a high tech computer He whines an awful lot

The lack of KARR episodes, He is seen ...What.... Maybe Twice?, Why not do a Two parter or a recurring Story arc?, After all he's the evil twin

kywolverine708
Recruit

Post by kywolverine708 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:27 am

[quote="AtariKnight"]Micheal Shouting "Yeah" all the time, Mainly after a Turbo boost

Come to think about all the hero car shows that jumped cars, like the Dukes of Hazzard after they would jump something they would look behind him. I guess that would be another one of those 80's things. Because me if I jumped something I would stop my car get out and look and make sure my car (indestructable of not) was still in one piece.

One the coolest/cheesiest things for me, and it never dawned on me till I got older was the "infrared restraints" I believe it was called. I mean at that time we (american society) was just starting to push seatbelts. So in an effort to make the series seem safer for the public and still keep the cool look of seatbeltless jumping because even when Kitt faced Computer problems IE quicksand, goliath, tank episodes Michael never got stuck in his infrared belts LOL

Hunter
Recruit

Post by Hunter » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:42 pm

I'VE GOT IT!! i've got the ultimate thing that pissed everyone off when watching the show,everytime stevie appeared it always did that ''white bird must fly'' song,damn that pissed me off soooo much :x

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:16 pm

Knightwolf wrote:The one thing that always annoyed me was the fact that Kitt could not lower himself down from an automotive lift. If he can open doors, and spin the dial on a safe, why couldn't he lower himself down from an automotive lift.

Other than that I will always love the show,
Knightwolf
Indeed, you would figure with all of his sophisticated gadgets, he could turbo boost himself out of any situation... That has always been quite awkward.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:50 am

Just curious about something: What the heck is a T-top? A kind of car
in the area of a Trans Am or something else entirely?

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:53 pm

T-Tops are Glass roofs. It has two glass parts which can be removed. In some episodes you would see Kitt with the T-Tops off.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

1982K.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by 1982K.I.T.T. » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:19 pm

How about K.I.T.T.'s inconsistent surveilance mode. This happened a lot, but off the top of my head, the end of Goliath Returns part I episode when they use a parachute after going off the cliff. There were trucks approaching with armed men in them and Michael steps out of KITT to wrap up the parachute. Why doesn't KITT tell him not to get out? Also the one they just played on Sci-FI with Jason Bateman. When he has kit stashed in that tent or whatever it was, he hears a noise, and leaves KITT to check it out, and it was the two bad guys and KITT didn't do a damn thing.

Also, the same stock footage used over and over, like someone mentioned earlier.

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:11 pm

What annoyed me about knight rider?
The networks who cut out certain scenes/Sci-Fi Channel.
Show's Over...Go Home!

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:43 pm

always when kitt turbo boosts, for example
season 2 episode "Custom Kitt"
when they turbo boosts over the train.. Micheal looks back, and there is a diffrent view outside the trunkwindow :)

it was always like that :)

not sure if anyone already wrote this but who cares :-)

well time to sleep now, its 5am here in sweden...
sleep well

3rings
Recruit

Too much overacting and seeing the stunt doubles!!!

Post by 3rings » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:11 am

It bothers me about how David is so overacting his role as Michael in some episodes, But at least he has good enthusiasm.

I hate seeing the stunt doubles so much that I am now reediting most of the episodes to not have to see these pain in the butt people.

The stunt guys have gotten some good stuff done, but it looks awful when you can see them upclose and tell for sure that it's not David.

Also the different ways you see the inside of the car when KITT is suppose to be driving himself. Sometimes with a guy ducking under. Universal should of spent more money now in digitally erasing those errors.

John, 3rings
:x

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:14 pm

Howabout that EVERY single time KITT has to eject Michael somewhwere (save the Pilot), it's always "a boost about 25 feet up."

EVERY TIME!!! lol
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

1982K.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by 1982K.I.T.T. » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:34 am

I also just noticed that in the later seasons, the songs they played were hits but not by the original artists.

Alex T.
Volunteer

Post by Alex T. » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:12 am

For me it is the semi truck that had the mobile repair unit for KITT. The inside was clearly a set and looked far bigger than the actually semi would be inside. When Michael would drive in there would only be a few inches of clearance between the car and the wall of the truck. All of sudden he gets out of the car and there is all this space to walk around in.