What annoys you about Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tkr9
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by tkr9 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:41 pm

What annoys me... Michael Knight... Didn't say that, you all imagined it...

And schmutlz. Like when you have a cute kid in dire straits who ends up being rescued and being taught something moral, like 'do your homework' by KITT, or one who says in a particularly cutsie voice "Aw gee, thanks Mr. Knight, you've rescued my mama and my dog... *shivers at thought*

And when there's not enough Devon in an episode...

coach41
Recruit

Post by coach41 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:09 pm

Annoyances??

KARR was still alive after KITT vs KARR. I wish the producers had followed up. Perhaps having Garthe Knight put KARR's computer into Golaithe and have one final showdown with Michael and KITT. ...perhaps even as a series finale. :D

In Season 4, when KITT goes to Super Putsuit Mode, and there's a shot of Michael in the driver's seat, if you look at the back of car, you'll notice it's just the regular trans-am. :D

The cheesy remakes of hit 80's songs.

If I think of more, I'll post them. :D

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:12 am

The only thing that annoys me about "Knight Rider these days is that reality TV is all the rage these days, thusly knocking D. Hasselhoff out of the spotlight, and instant celebs who become that way without working to get success on TV.
That sucks! :( :? :!: :x

alexmain_za
Recruit

Post by alexmain_za » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:13 am

KI2000 wrote: 3) Ever noticed that KITT's hood sometimes isn't closed entirely? You can see this every time they use the stunt car.
This was because of the extra shell they would put over the car in the shooting scenes etc. It is a bit annoying, but hey let's face it no computerized special effects - this show did very well without computer graphics on the stunt side. Sure you can notice that little models are used in alot of stunt scenes in seasons 2 and 3, but still original.

The April/Bonnie thing must be the most annoying thing through the shows 4 year run. :D

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:29 am

I'm new here, and I just finished reading the "annoying things"-list you've already posted. I've noticed almost all of those things, especially when KITT's driving on his own there's a dude behind the driver's seat and you can see his hands moving at the steering wheel. Also, the KITT's hood is almost always a little ajar. KR was my very favorite show when I was a little , and now when they're playing it again in TV I just can't stop admiring it! KITT's the best and the most beautiful car ever built!!
So let's forget all those little flaws and enjoy the series! :)
Michael: "Someone tried to kill me yesterday."
Devon: "I have an alibi."

>>>CLICK HERE

Whitestar
Volunteer

Post by Whitestar » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:00 am

citizen_x wrote:hi guys , that's my first post in here , so i hope u will be kind to me :D

i was just thinking of posting a new topic in here when i saw this one, so here goes:
i just finished watching a couple of episodes from the first season ( i bought the first season as well) and i noticed something very annoying - michael was pushing several buttons in K.I.T.T upper console with no apparent reason!!! why is that? he was not going to "turbo boost" or anything - just pursuit someone

very weird if you ask me

Amen! That annoyance wins first place in my book hands down! Plus, if you look real closely those buttons didn't even have labels on them! For shame! LOL.

Whitestar

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:13 am

I do hate the models....
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:31 am

cloudkitt wrote:I do hate the models....
Now when you say models, do you mean cars or girls? :?
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:07 am

I just got my Season 1 DVD set and after watching some of the first episodes I noticed these:
--In "Slammin' Sammy's Stunt Show Spectacular", when KITT jumps over the moving car (on the track), when Michael gets out of KITT and we see KITT's scanner move to the left (from our point of view) one of the little red lights in the scanner doesn't work! This is best seen if viewed frame by frame. Quickly after that the scanner goes off.
-- In one of the episodes (don't remember which one) the places of the red & yellow buttons in KITT's dash (saying AIR, OIL, P1 and such) are in the wrong order! Usually the yellow ones are on the top and red's on the bottom, but in many frames the right row is red top, yellow bottom! This was kinda funny to notice. :)
-- When KITT jumps over the car "barrier" in "Just My Bill" we clearly see KITT's just an empty shell and it's nose gets bent in the beginning of the flight! This is understandable, it isn't KITT of course, it's his stunt double. Who would risk the life of a great star like KITT?! ;)

KARR_Lover
Recruit

Post by KARR_Lover » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:41 am

What irritates me the most is how often Michael gets himself arrested.

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:33 am

For me it has to be how, especially in the early scenes, whenever Devon is calling Michael he appears on the monitor in the car, but sometimes is also holding a phone.

What was the phone for? As far as I know, the transmissions were between KITT and the semi's computers, similar to how we can chat these days using a webcam and, say, a program like MSN Messenger.

So why did Devon need the phone?

K.I.T.T.2
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T.2 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:46 am

hi everyone

i don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but here it is anyways.

i noticed that sometimes after a turbo boost jump just before they touch the ground again Michael lets go of the steering wheel. did anyone else notice that?

catch ya

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:20 am

Its funny after a Turbo Boost when They land the Steering wheel is half way turned. Then it gets annoying.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Kitsune_Baka
Recruit

There's a tiger on your hood, lol.

Post by Kitsune_Baka » Sun May 01, 2005 12:06 am

cloudkitt wrote:
Knight Rider Archive wrote:The happy endings where all the characters would burst into spontaneous laughter (usually in the semi). I always preferred it when Michael and KITT would just drive off into the sunset after all the loose ends had been tied up.

That would be the 80s, my friend :wink:
Yeah, every show did that perky ending with the perky music.
It was almost cartoonish. Like something you expected on Chip 'n' Dale.

The things that always annoyed me about KR are:
(and most have these have already been mentioned)

1: Kitt's hood. Couldn't they tie it down with a rope or something?
2: KITT being used as bomb disposal unit, yet his interior is fine.
3: Lopp-sided turbo boost (jumps where the car slants)
4: Re-using actors from one ep to play a different char in another ep.
5: Fast-forwarded SPM footage where tree leaves move as fast as KITT.
6: KITT opening non-electronic locks with the micro-jammer.
7: The lower-mounted "pilot episode" scanner, it looked horrible.
8: Use of stock footage - Trust Doesn't Rust, KARR going off the cliff.
9: Hasselhoff's over-acting. But everyone did that in the 80's.
10: Re-done 80's songs, is that some way of by-passing royalty fees?

Most of us were kids when we first watched KR so of course we didn't pick up on any of these things. Though bits of it can be tedious I'll still watch KR whenever it is on. Maybe TV Land will pick it up, heck they've already got 'Fresh Prince' on there. God do I feel old and I'm only 23.

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Sun May 01, 2005 2:38 am

K.I.T.T.2 wrote:hi everyone

i don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but here it is anyways.

i noticed that sometimes after a turbo boost jump just before they touch the ground again Michael lets go of the steering wheel. did anyone else notice that?

catch ya
Thats actually quite a realistic feature. I dont know if you watch Formula one, or CART etc. I'm quite a fan and you'll notice when a drive goes off the track and knows he's going to crash into a tire wall, he immediately takes his hands off the steering wheel,cause otherwise the shock off the accident would send a force through the steering wheel strong enough to brake his wrists. Similiar to landing after a Turbo Boost ;)

thearo
Stranger

Knightrider replaced with Baywatch!!

Post by thearo » Sun May 01, 2005 7:56 am

To this day I still remember the day knightrider was replaced with baywatch on UK TV. I was sooooo annoyed!!!! I was only a little kid and sat through a whole episode looking at David Hasslehof and waiting for knightrider to show up lol! I remember thinking - lots of semi-naked women here but where's the car?!

Didn't realise until at the end that this was actually a different show altogether and that I wouldn't see darling KITT again :(
Hasslehof had betrayed me :( lol

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun May 01, 2005 12:32 pm

Last night I was watching White Line Warriors on the Season 2 DVD set and I noticed at the end, Cheif Craig talks in his microphone near the end when they are all chasing Michael and KITT. Well, the Cheif was holding the microphone backwards - talking into the clip instead of the mic part. :lol: :lol:

As for songs, I was listening to a "Bliss" CD which is one of those relaxing sound CDs by Solitude. The song was "Dream Evolutions" and it reminded me of the mesmerizing sounds of the Soul Survivor music. Just an afterthought there... :)

1982K.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by 1982K.I.T.T. » Sun May 01, 2005 1:39 pm

The model cars were annoying. I was watching "Race for Life" on my season 2 set, and when they first are on the train tracks, Kitt doesn't have any door handles and the scanner looks quite toyish. I also noticed the few times throughout the series when he got stuck in the mud, you can totally tell that it was a toy car.

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Tue May 03, 2005 9:39 am

Paul wrote:For me it has to be how, especially in the early scenes, whenever Devon is calling Michael he appears on the monitor in the car, but sometimes is also holding a phone.

What was the phone for? As far as I know, the transmissions were between KITT and the semi's computers, similar to how we can chat these days using a webcam and, say, a program like MSN Messenger.

So why did Devon need the phone?
It's probably more of a videophone idea, Where the microphone and the speaker are in the handset and the camera is in the actual unit, Requiring you to pick up the handset to hear or say anything.

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

How can it be possible?

Post by LightForceKittFan » Tue May 03, 2005 10:53 am

Kitsune_Baka wrote: 7: The lower-mounted "pilot episode" scanner, it looked horrible.
How can that be even possible? :?: The lower-mounted scanner is only visible in about half of the pilot, the rest time Kitt has the scanner in the right place. Why on Earth did they put the other car's scanner in the wrong place?!? Didn't anyone notice it while filming/cutting? That puzzles me. Those pilot-scenes are also used in later episodes, and there's the ugly scanner placement again.

Another thing, not annoying but funny, I've noticed is that almost in every single episode of KR there's the same big green pot plant. It appears so often it could've been credited! The plant isn't on the same room in every episode, it's wherever needed (sometimes the bad guys have it in their rooms). Maybe it was the only plant that could handle the excitement without collapsing! ;)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue May 03, 2005 12:59 pm

I never even noticed a reoccurring plant! :)

Hey, I'd have laughed if they decided to blow it up with KARR... then bring it back again...

Return of KARR and the Big Pot Plant! :lol:

Ok, don't mind me. Being too silly today. :)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Tue May 03, 2005 1:31 pm

It appears so often it could've been credited!
"Big Pot Plant as Itself" :lol: :P :lol:

LOL! I would have never noticed that reoccuring plant. That's pretty funny, and also an interesting find. Good work LightForce. Now I'll be rewatching all the episodes to look for it. :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue May 03, 2005 5:49 pm

Now we know where KITT's smoke screen came from. lol :lol: :lol:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi