a fan fic challenge!

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

a fan fic challenge!

Post by neps » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:18 pm

i've got a challenge for you, if you dare accept it.

re-imagine knight rider.

no familiar characters, no people we know. just the basis of the story about a talking machine (who doesn't kill) with amazing powers and one individual (who doesn't kill) trying to make a difference.

the majority of you hate tkr and you loath kr2010. lets see you do something better.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

a fan fic challenge!

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:07 pm

Very interesting challenge! I will think about trying to meet it as soon as I can get one of my originals typed up. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

a fan fic challenge!

Post by jup » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:53 pm

Insert any one of a couple dozen Tiny Tank jokes here. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

a fan fic challenge!

Post by jup » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:25 am

OK! Look out! I've got one HOT off the mental presses coming at ya! (Board space/connection, don't fail me now.)

Oh, and KI. If you would like to re-post this at a website, please do so. I've only got this Dreamcast to type this out on and the board interface to work with. Thanks.

===

To anyone who can read this, I've got an incredible tale to tell...should I survive to do so. Let's start with the basics, shall we...

My name is James Knight. I am 24 and living, well, up until two months ago, in Los Angeles. Now, I'm venturing around all over the place at the whims of...to put it bluntly...someone, or something, that sends me to places to fight off an evil that comes straight out of the pages of an X-Files script. It will not provide me a name with which to identify it with. And, I know for a fact that I am not the only one it has places this situation into. I've tried to run an IP search on a few occasions as it chatted with me over e-mail or at internet cafe chat rooms and such. But, the end results always come back without there being a number. And, that is how 'it' (I know not if 'it' is a he, she or even a living thing, as of yet.) seems to want things to be.

It all started three and a half months ago through a series of e-mail messages. There were simple messages that never asked questions, yet kept giving incredibly detailed facts about my past. I feared that this was someone's demented stalker game, at least at first. I always knew that the e-mail was coming from it, as the subject line was oddly mechanical in nature, always giving 0000000000000010 or 0000000000000011 or 0000000000000012 as the subject line, always keeping a calculated order about it. This little game of 'Here is your life' continued for nearly a month before the message 'Check your driveway.' appeared in one of those e-mails. With an air of caution, I crept towards my front door, the wireless phone in hand and 9-1 already punched in. As I opened the window blind riht to the left of my front door just a hair's crack so that I could peek out, I could not believe what I saw sitting there. It was one of those prototype Fords that I had read about over the net a while ago. This thing was expected to cost over sixty grand when it hit the market. It had everything the automakers were now throwing into vehicles...and then some. The GPS system alone would make it nearly impossible to get lost anywhere on Earth. On-road or off-road, this vehicle could navigate almost any terrain. Cargo space and confort were luxories this SUV had plenty of. DVD entertainment center was standard. Net access was no problem. Which is probably why it chose the vehicle in the first place. This Ford was even rumored to have an experimental auto piloting mode. Though, I didn't believe it...until I experienced it. But, enough about the vehicle. I carefully looked around the best I could to see the person who drove the SUV. But, no luck. I decided to call up the neighborhood watch manager. After all, there wasn't a thing that went on in this subburb that she didn't somehow know about. Of course, this one event was the one she had to sleep through. So I redialed the 9 and the 1 as I oh-so-cautiously opened my front door to give the place an inspection, hovering my thumb over the 1 and perparing to dash back inside my house. But, it turned out to be the meeting I never recieved...in the manner I was expecting, at least.

As I slowly walked over my front yard, darting my eyes all around, I found nothing out of the usual. Just this prototype parked in my driveway. My confidence slightly improved as I approached the vehicle. It's window tinting option had been set to dark on all the side windows, so I couldn't peek in. I half expected to see whoever it was step out any second. With extreme caution, I moved towards the front of the vehicle to look through the windshield. But, all the information I got from doing that was to see an empty SUV. Suddenly, the driver side door opened. (This puppy has power everything. And, I do mean EVERYTHING. A technician sitting in Florida could operate this great experiment as it sat in my driveway.) A highly synthetic voice started to speak through the vehicle's stereo system. Little did I know that whoever, or whatever had been e-mailingn me for all this time was now the one choosing to use a synthesizer in the vehicle's on-board clone PC. The voice attempted to sound sootheing through chosen words. But, I wasn't ready to just hop in for a test drive because some computerized voice said so. I attempted to talk back to it, even though I was unsure that it could hear. Appearantly, it did, as it called the phone in my hand. I almost dropped the phone as the ringer sounded off. After all, that phone was still SUPPOSE to be readied for an outgoing call to the emergency service! As I placed the phone up to my ear, I heard the same synthetic voice let me know that this was by far the easier two way communication method, should I wish to continue standing around. It claimed that it had not fully learned the art of lip reading, as of yet.

Two hours later, after talking to the automation over the phone and having the phone's battery run dry, I was swayed into giving the SUV 'a test drive.'

If I had bothered to think about what I was getting myself into, I would never have got in at all...

jup
FLAG Operative

a fan fic challenge!

Post by jup » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:08 am

As I placed my hands upon the wheel, feeling confident that the mysterious e-mailer was not going to pop up from behind the seat, I took a long look at the dash. I mean, this thing was decked out with all kinds of interface controls for all the advanced circuits installed to do whatever.

. . .

===

Sorry. I'm going to have to postphone this story idea right now. Too many distractions are disrupting my trane of thought. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]