Team Renegade Knight Rider - Original ending to "And Th

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CB2001
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by CB2001 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:58 pm

For those who recall, I did the very short lived Team Renegade Knight Rider fan fic series (which resulted in three fics). What many do not know is that the ending used in the first draft of "And the Band Played On..." wasn't the same ending that was used. I sent the first draft to Janeway to get her thoughts about it, and felt that the ending was too sad for the story, where she came up with the idea for the ending that was used. Even though I am pleased with the ending that we used for the story, I feel that it is about time that I reveal the original intended ending from the first draft.

Details that are different:
1. The part where Patunia Marksmith gives Devon and Bonnie a copy of KITT's AI (with his memories of the Renegade Knights) was not in the first draft.
2. It explains how "David" survived the aftermath.
3. Did not leave an open opportunity for anothe continuation series (which ideas were created that involved "David" and filled in the timeline between KR2000 and KR2010, the end result being that "David"'s son being Jake McQueen. This was BEFORE I saw either one of the TV movies).

Here it is:

We jump to the outside of the Renegade Knights HQ, the junkyard's dock. We look at the figure as it loads the last of the boxes onto the ship. He turns, to reveal the face of David Knight. He turns and walks onto Titanic Forever's bridge, and begins to pilot the boat which is now finished being restored. How did he get out of the car? We flashback to where KITT hit Erica, causing Kat and Erica to wreck. The car turns the corner out of Erica's view, heading down a long path towards the area where Goliath will be passing soon, near the docks. The driver side overhead panel opens, and David is ejected out, landing into the water of the lake. KITT takes control of himself, going to finish the job himself. He ejected David out of the car. KITT turns the corner, heading at Goliath. Garth turns the truck to steer clear but KITT gets back in the way. KITT turbo-boosts, and crashes into the cab of Goliath, destorying himself. Erica roars by on Kat, heading to get to where Goliath was. David climbs out of the water, slowly heading into the shadows of the warehouses. We jump back to present day. He is far away from the junkyard. He stands looking at the mountain of dirt which the Renegade Knights had used the army installation as HQ for a year. There is the sound of explosions. And slowly the mountain collapses, turning itself into a pile of dirt, looking like a hill. "David" enters back into the bridge, and slowly drives off. He has a tape recorder next to the wheel. He presses play. The tape plays the last song which the band on the Titanic played just before stopping for good. He thinks to himself: I am not David Knight.... I am no one.

The End... for a Long Time.

[ September 18, 2002: Message edited by: Code Breaker ]

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:16 am

Would that song on the Titanic be 'nearer my god to thee'?

The band played that as the titanic went down.

Skav

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:09 am

Yeah Skav. At the time I wrote it, I didn't know the name of the song. Since it was the first draft, I never really bothered going back and looking up the name of the song.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:35 am

Can we have a link to the original series so I can understand the people and events better?

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Code Breaker:
<STRONG>Yeah Skav. At the time I wrote it, I didn't know the name of the song. Since it was the first draft, I never really bothered going back and looking up the name of the song.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:07 pm

Here's the link to the original page (with all three stories)- http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/9330/trkr.html

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:43 pm

I must say Code Breaker, I was very sad when you stopped writing your Renegade Knights fanfic since it is an excellent series.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:04 pm

KRfan1- I was too. But it was the fact that I didn't receive much help on the series. I had it open to where others could participate, but there were no takers. The workload ended being too much for me and there were about three other series out like it, so I decided to end it. There were plans for various fics and plots.

For example, relationships. Betty and KIFT start a relationship that was more than driver/vehicle (yes, sexual. No, not actually physical, but cyber sex). There was plans that Erica is resuced by David after a near-death accident, and they fall in love for each other (but then that idea was scrapped for the fact that their personalities were too different for such a relationship to occur).

But for now, the fan fiction series I'm working on ("Farscape: Dreamer", the third attempt at a fan fic series), is one that has gotten some help on. One guest writer is working on one of the stories, I'm almost done with another one and am working on the website. I guess the third time is a charm.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:36 pm

You know, I remember seeing your request for that. I wanted to help, but I didn't think I was a good enough writer to help. Also, couldn't think up any plots.

Nick

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:31 am

The series was pretty good, I remember reading it a while ago.

Any plans to make the series finale into a real story instead of a series of jumps?

-Scott

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:12 am

krfan1- Don't worry about it. I'm sure a lot felt the same way before.

Scott- The treatment on the page was the series finale. I have no plans ongoing back and reworking the story out as a full one. My reason being is thatTRKR represented a period of time in my writing work where I was still trying to understand what I was doing. And I feel that if I reworked it to where it was a full story, that I would only screw up something that was already good. If there's one thing I've learned when it comes to the stories I've written, it's leave it alone after your done. Besides, I don't think I could ever get into my frame of mind that I had back then.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:56 pm

On a side note, I was thinking of a fan fiction that delbt with the death of Michael Knight the other day. Probably won't do anything with the idea, though.