A Fan Fic Challenge from Code Breaker.

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CB2001
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by CB2001 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:24 pm

Okay, guys. I know this is my first time posting a fan fic challenge (heck, this may be the only one I do). This is for fan fiction writers who feel that they can be able to do it. I know the challenge may seem like a lost cause, BUT I think it's a worthy challenge to at least try. This is meant to be a friendly challenge.

The challenge: Re-write "Knight Rider 2010".

Why I picked this: Simple. From what I read, people feel that this TV movie wasn't worthy of the "Knight Rider" title. I happen to agree, but it was still a good movie nonetheless. Other than the fact that there is very minium references to the original show or KR2000 in the movie, fans felt that this one should be filed under misc. or "File 13" if ever came across. Of course, some people had the same thoughts about "Knight Rider 2000" (which had Edward, David, and William reprising their roles). And I have seen that a few fans have decided to rework the story and turn out fan fiction stories based on the same characters and concepts of KR2000 (most noticable is Scott Kirkessner's fan fiction series "Knight Rider 2000").

Proposal: Rewrite "Knight Rider 2010" to where it fits with the "Knight Rider" timeline and has connections to the previous events (including TKR and KR2000). I think that it would be a good challenge for a "Knight Rider" fan fiction writer to test himself/herself in creating a better story. I would do so myself, but as I stated in a previous post about the idea of reworking the story, that I am currently busy with work on another fan fiction series, none related to "Knight Rider".

Information: Here's a couple of links that can give anyone a couple of ideas.

1. This link is to the post I did for the idea of reworking the story (as either one story or as a series). Everyone is welcome to use these if they wish.- http://www.knightrideronline.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000457

2. Here is a link to the 4th draft of the TV movie (several elements that were used in the film came from here), which does have a bit more "Knight Rider" related references (including customizable KITTs, with the exception of the car's personality and microprocessor)- http://www.knightriderlegacy.com/kr2010script.html
Special thanks to Knight Rider Legacy page: http://www.knightriderlegacy.com/

If anyone is willing to go for the challenge, reply to the post (let yourself be heard!) Good luck to anyone who accepts. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] PEACE!!

[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: Code Breaker ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:35 pm

Uhhhh, I couldn't even begin to try. At least Knight Rider 2000 and Team Knight Rider (there is a whole section for that, which was considered even LESS KR than KR2K) had Knight Rider elements. There is just not too much to salvage from KR2010 without rewriting the entire thing. Even the alternate script itself came up really short. But maybe others will have the motivation. I think the largest problem most of us have is that we attach ourselves to the story, and it's hard to attach to that thing.

knightimmortal

Karrs_Shadow
Volunteer

Post by Karrs_Shadow » Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:43 pm

Oh boy...this one would be like writing a book...so many variables. Hm...I suppose I could give it a try. But something like this will take a while. Don't expect anything too soon on it. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Shadow