more fan fic and a quick question

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

firebird91
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by firebird91 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:26 pm

the latest two chapters of before and after is up. quick question for all the fan fic readers and writers. Do you prefer a listing of chapters at the beginning so you can go right back to where you left off on the main page or a file you can download and read at your leasure?

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: firebird91 ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:29 pm

Well, I think that as long as you are posting chapters, you need to have a directory where people can go to the next chapter that you posted from where you left off. Once the fic is completely done, then you can post one collective file. Otherwise, if you do it before you are done, people are going to be downloading the entire thing, over, and over again, and sometimes it can create problems with some memory systems.

knightimmortal

Amianda
Volunteer

Post by Amianda » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:35 pm

I am writing in chapters and personally, I will probably leave the contents listing up even after the fic is completely done. The reason why is because it is going to be a long fic, and while some devoted readers do download the text to their harddrive for offline reading, some also read right there from your website. So if someone has time for a chapter now and the rest later, it will be easier to pick up where they left off when they come back if the text is divided into chapters. I hope I'm making sense today...

--Amianda
A Different Perspective

firebird91
Volunteer

Post by firebird91 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:27 pm

well in addition to the two new chapters I redid the story page taking suggestions into play. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:22 pm

Thanks firebird -- I was actually going to suggest that to you on your last update, but it slipped my mind. Thanks for the chapter listing.

-knightshade

Way behind on fanfic once again.

WhiteBird
Rookie

Post by WhiteBird » Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:22 am

I really like to be able to download, and put the story that I'm reading currently on my desktop so that I don't have to be on the internet to read it. That way I can read it with no distractions, and enjoy it the most. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]