Knight Rider Legacy Discussion Thread

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightvision
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightvision » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:36 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pajaro:
<STRONG>
Internet laws are vague, but "Fair Use" protects most of our websites. Those laws do not apply to a book written for profit, so there is a huge difference between my alleged infringements and the alleged infringements in the book.
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is law that you can not copyright material to an episode guide of a television show and claim it as yours no matter what you add or subtract. The copyright belongs to Copp and Goodman, and we have expressed WRITTEN permission to use it, you do not. And fair use does not cover logos or film clips, as some of us have found out before, by Universal themselves.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pajaro:
<STRONG>
Obviously ego comes into play for just about everything we do: whether it's publishing a book, maintaining a website, writing fan fiction or building a replica. We all want some sort of approval. That's human nature. But I can honestly say that it wasn't "pride" that made me contact iUniverse. I'm not sure if there is a single word to explain it. It includes frustration, some anger, but most of all I think it was the concept of "enough is enough".

Mike</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Enough is Enough? So the only reason you contacted Iuniverse is because you became jealous and fustrated that Joe and I had put out a book? What did Joe and I do to deserve the wrath of Mike Pajaro? Did we deserve to lose book sales because we had the cast and crew supporting us and you do not? Why are there letters by Copp and Goodman faxed over to Iuniverse in support of our cause? Too many questions you will never answer.

Enough is Enough. That's the most pathetic reason yet as to why you did this. Why not provide us the real reason why you wanted this book destroyed.

Of course you won't.

Richie Levine
Co-Author of Knight Rider Legacy The Unofficial Guide to Knight Rider

[ October 08, 2002: Message edited by: knightvision ]

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skav:
<STRONG>Do you mean that the announcement is going to be much sooner than the end of Oct- early Nov date you stated to me yesterday, Richie?

Or do you simply mean that we won't be hearing anything from you until other than the end of Oct announcement?

Skav</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anything I discussed with you concerning release date was tentative. This is an inappropriate issue that was discussed as a response to an instant messanger inquiry from you. You will be informed when there will be a release date. Joe will make the announement.

Richie

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:47 pm

"I will not respond to direct attacks, that is inappropriate and I ask that refrain from doing so."

Those are Richie's words at the beginning of this thread, and I agree with them. But every time he asks for an explanation from me, his request comes with an insult, a threat, or both. That is why I do not respond.

Mike

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:51 pm

"This is an inappropriate issue that was discussed as a response to an instant messanger inquiry from you."

Well, ok. I was only asking. It might be innapropriate right now but I got confused about what you meant. You made it sound like you was going to make the announcement almost straight away.

Nevermind, my bad.

Skav

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:59 pm

<STRONG>"I will not respond to direct attacks, that is inappropriate and I ask that refrain from doing so."

Those are Richie's words at the beginning of this thread, and I agree with them. But every time he asks for an explanation from me, his request comes with an insult, a threat, or both. That is why I do not respond.

Mike</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense here Mike but if you better come up with more then that, because if you can't handle the fact that we have a mutual dislike for each other and you are denying the board the right to the answers to what I posted the only person who it looks bad on is you.

I honestly don't think you should be commenting on legalities when your site is misleading people into thinking you are endorsed by Universal by having Universal Logos without any permission on your site.

Other then that, I don't know how in the world you can expect me to not insult you. Just like Garthe Knight, I am a living breathing insult to your existance.

Richie Levine
Co-Author of Knight Rider Legacy: The Unofficial Guide to the Knight Rider Universe

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:54 am

I am surprised at how much attention the list of names in Fallen is getting, and it is a bit ironic because there is more to that list than meets the eye.

As Richie Levine, co-author of Knight Rider Legacy, correctly states: "Any idiot with a vcr and episodes of Team Knight Rider can see the names on the screen at the end of Fallen Nation..." And it's pretty clear that the first name on the list is "OWEN GOLDMAN".

But on my website, I have the name listed as Owen GOODMAN. It's an old Hollywood trick for tracking leaked scripts: you make slight changes to the text so you can tell if someone has copied it. As it turns out, Knight Rider Legacy uses the same incorrect name as I did. The book also uses the exact same sentence I wrote: "When Jenny tries to access information about Michael Knight, the names on the screen are: Owen Goodman..."

I want to be perfectly clear about this: copying a list of on-screen names is NOT a copyright problem. But let's not kid ourselves: the authors are saying that they didn't use my website ("For the final time our source was not Mike"). Clearly that is not the case. If you think it's just a coincidence that they phrase things the exact same way that I do and that they use the same false names that I do, then go out and buy a lottery ticket: your laws of probability are way different than mine.

Mike