Knight Rider Legacy Discussion Thread

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

knight legacy book

Post by KITT » Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:35 pm

when will the book come out in bookstores or has it already gotten there?

KITT

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

knight legacy book

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:48 pm

Some stores have reported getting it in, but not all, and they might not. Your best bet is to go to your local bookstore and see if they can order it in for you if you aren't comfortable with ordering online.

knightimmortal

KITT
FLAG Assistant

knight legacy book

Post by KITT » Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:13 am

alrighty, thanks.

KITT

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

knight legacy book

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:23 pm

I asked at my local store before ordering on the net and they looked at me stupidly" Im sorry we dont do that sort of thing from the internet" pffft ok i said lol
so i guess they dont do that here or they might not of liked me lol

K.I.T.T

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: K.I.T.T ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

knight legacy book

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:25 pm

Not all of them will. Pity, they don't know how much money they are losing from not catering to the customer. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

TURBOJET
Stranger

KNIGHT RIDER LEGACY

Post by TURBOJET » Sun Sep 08, 2002 1:35 pm

That book has a pic of kitt turbo boosting taken from soul survivor i think right?on the cover,where can i view this pic?r there turbo pics like this out there?

KRR
Rookie

KNIGHT RIDER LEGACY

Post by KRR » Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:50 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGELOUS:
<STRONG>That book has a pic of kitt turbo boosting taken from soul survivor i think right?on the cover,where can i view this pic?r there turbo pics like this out there?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is Amazon UK's version. There is another boost pic like this one on the front page of my site.

[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: KRR ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

KNIGHT RIDER LEGACY

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:14 pm

And as a quick sideline note, those pictures that are being released, were given to the authors through special authorization by Jack Gill, if I remember correctly, and should not be duplicated for other use unless permission is given by the authors.

knightimmortal

johnny1290
Stranger

Sorry to hear about the unofficial guide

Post by johnny1290 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:33 am

I'm sure you all know about the book being held up due to some content. I've only posted here a few times and I definately don't know the full details of all that has transpired. I would hate to see all the hard work that went in to the book go to waste, and hope both sides can come to a fair agreement. I'm not trying to take sides, and I wish you both a speedy, equitable agreement.

Best wishes,

Sean

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:40 am

Joe Huth has asked me to allow him to be the one to explain the situation. Until he has the chance to do so, I'd like to ask people NOT to speculate about what is going on.

Mike

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:46 am

Hey everybody...

I was just speaking with Richie Levine, co-author of Knight Rider Legacy: The Unofficial Guide to the Knight Rider Universe, and as we kind of know, this book is in trouble. I don't know if everybody knows why the book has been delayed, but apparently it is because of Michael Pajaro claiming that the "TKR" section of the book was a direct copy from his own website (http://www.teamknightrider.com), a claim which is completely false.

As fans of the series who want to support Knight Rider and Joe Huth and Richie Levine, authors of Knight Rider Legacy, the Unofficial Guide to the Knight Rider Universe we find what Mr. Pajaro is doing as self serving and not in the best interests of the community. We ask that whatever issues Mr. Pajaro has with the authors that he try to work it out, rather then make us all suffer a loss of what is a fantastic book.

I personally want one of these books and now I'm either going to have to wait for it, or possibly never get it at all just because of one person's website...To me, that doesn't seem fair...I'm still in line, waiting for my copy...

Hopefully you will all feel the same and support Joe and Richie in their efforts to try to get this book out to the Knight Rider public.

Thanks...

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:47 am

Actually, Mike, people have been informed of what has gone on, what has occurred, and the people do have a right to speak out about it, as you have permissed in the Moderator's New Lament thread. You might want to get your own word in edgewise, because this isn't just occurring here, but on the Knight Registries board as well.

I will listen to any and all arguments, but the word has most certainly gotten out.

knightimmortal

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:11 am

Joe specifically ask me if he could be allowed to explain this situation first, and I intend to honor that request. There's no need for everyone to jump in with 2nd or 3rd hand information before we hear from Joe. I can wait a day or so to let him speak up.

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:24 am

Ok, just to see where you stand on this, where does the co-author's view place on the accounts?

Try to be a little more equal with both of them on this standpoint, would ya, Mike? Don't single them out.

I am more than willing to give both sides and everybody an equal opportunity on this matter.

Addition: One other little matter: I will give everybody an equal opportunity on this matter, but you do have to try to make an effort to post something else pure Knight Ridery in one of the other threads.

knightimmortal

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:30 am

At the moment, I am placing MORE importance on Joe's opinion than my own. Right now, I look like the bad guy. And rather than speaking up to try to clear my name or whatever, I'm choosing to honor an agreement I made with Joe: that he could explain the situation before I do.

Mike

BlazeFox
Rookie

Post by BlazeFox » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:24 am

All this fueding and stuff annoys me..
I refuse to take part in this "common enemy, rally against the bad guy" bullcrap.

I wanna know.. what was it that Mike did?
Are any of these claims true at all?
Or is Richie just wanting something to get everyone riled with? And why forward the email to everyone in the message board?

"Now some of you will say, "What do I have to do with this?" When you are doing your conversions, your fan fiction or anything Knight Rider, Knight Rider 2000 or Team Knight Rider related in the future if we let Mike Pajaro get away with this then what stops him from destroying our community next or getting rid of our websites and our conversion vehicles? All of you love Knight Rider. So do we. Right now that is in jeopardy unless we all show Mike that one community can make a difference and that we should all support each other."

This is all pothetic nonsense. Why and how would any of this occur? Yes Richie I'm sure that Mike will come to everyone's house and smash their conversions with a sledgehammer. Or maybe he'll have the power to kill off the Trans Am Nationals *sarcasm* -.-

How many websites belonging to another person has Mike taken away exactly? And I'm not backing behind anyone here. Its just that these tall tales of opression you come up with are completely moronic.

-BlazeFox

KRAvenger
Rookie

Post by KRAvenger » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:46 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pajaro:
<STRONG>At the moment, I am placing MORE importance on Joe's opinion than my own. Right now, I look like the bad guy. And rather than speaking up to try to clear my name or whatever, I'm choosing to honor an agreement I made with Joe: that he could explain the situation before I do.

Mike</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Mike, I don't know if You know this, but SOMEONE else HAS gone ahead and notified a bunch of Us on "What's Going on." And I don't think it's Joe.
I'm not going to comment on this latest volley, except this is REALLY getting old, but What if Someone ALREADY has a copy of the book?

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:06 pm

To all:

About a month ago, Mike brought to my attention that he believed that certain lines from his website were used in the book without his permission. Despite my best efforts to work this out privately, Mike felt it was necessary to contact iUniverse and put a hold on the book until the situation could be resolved. He has stated to me exactly what he wants out of all this. Together, we have come up with a solution. The book will not be down for long - rest assured of that.

Joe

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:12 pm

Well least mine is still coming then!
Thanks for the post Joe i can rest easy now then!

K.I.T.T

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:35 pm

Ok, people, you know the rules, you can not slam down or talk about Richie since he is unable to reply due to his present status on this board. If you have complaints and snipes, take it to email, support Mike via email, and let it be his choice to bring this on the board, but I am not going to allow bashing of somebody who can not defend himself.

Now, regarding the situation, Blaze, you don't know the entire situation, don't make summary judgments just because it is involving Mike and Richie, and if you are going to do something, post the whole email, not just parts, because well, otherwise, that is just a great way to accelerate any potential hostilities.

knightimmortal

Amianda
Volunteer

Post by Amianda » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:50 pm

Personally I think the the original email is a great way to "accelerate any potential hostilities" as you put it, KI. But since you asked, here it is. By the way I was very upset that this came to me in my email. I know Richie cannot post here; however our email addresses are posted on this site to make it easier for someone who is interested in having a private conversation with one of us to get in contact with us, not so that someone can make a mass email list and send out a bunch of crap to those of us who aren't even interested. I have replied to Richie with my feelings on this matter, and I tried to notify you, Mike, as well, but I think there is something wrong with your email address. Anyway, here is the email in question:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> This is a mass email, please respond to krlbook@aol.com if you reply. This is concerning the Knight Rider Legacy book and its current delay.

The Knight Rider book has been currently halted. Mike Pajaro, who owns http://www.teamknightrider.com is claiming that the TKR section and parts of it were copied directly off his site (which they weren't). We are currently faced with having to delay the book 4 more weeks in order to axe the TKR section, trying to negotiate with Mr. Pajaro(mike@teamknightrider.com) who has made it clear that he will not accept an acknowledgement or a compromise or simply folding the book.

Right now Joe and I are working our hardest to get the book back up. If we succeed or have to take portions of the book out we will do that. What both of us are asking at this time is to show your support at the Knight Registries board (http://www.knightregistries.com) and the Knight Rider Online board (http://www.knightrideronline.com). Right now our hands are tied we can not attack Mike or provoke him. However you can all start support for the book by posting in threads on both boards asking Mike to drop his copyright claim. He is damaging the very book that took hours, weeks and months to assemble all over a show most of us dont care to remember---Team Knight Rider. Mike can not be reasoned with. If we show Mike that as a community we do not support him destroying the book we can move this along and have the book back up.

Now some of you will say, "What do I have to do with this?" When you are doing your conversions, your fan fiction or anything Knight Rider, Knight Rider 2000 or Team Knight Rider related in the future if we let Mike Pajaro get away with this then what stops him from destroying our community next or getting rid of our websites and our conversion vehicles? All of you love Knight Rider. So do we. Right now that is in jeopardy unless we all show Mike that one community can make a difference and that we should all support each other.

That doesn't mean start a fight. It means starting a thread on each board saying the following: "As fans of the series who want to support Knight Rider and Joe Huth and Richie Levine, authors of Knight Rider Legacy, the Unofficial Guide to the Knight Rider Universe we find what Mr. Pajaro is doing as self serving and not in the best interests of the community. We ask that whatever issues Mr. Pajaro has with the authors that he try to work it out, rather then make us all suffer a loss of what is a fantastic book." We both would like to add that Mr. Pajaro has made every attempt to make sure this book would not succeed by trying to seperate both authors with threats. Mike Pajaro used his position of power and knowledge and is a moderator of the Knight Rider Online board where he will silence any post by Joe or I that would be negative upon him.

Once again we need your support. Regardless of whether we win or lose Mike Pajaro has cost us several thousands in damage and is dragging the Knight Rider name through the mud because of his obsession with his site and Team Knight Rider. We have support legally and want Mr. Pajaro to stop wasting his time destroying everyone this email is sent to by destroying the book. Please find time to post on either board and let your voice be heard.

If you don't do this we may just have to shut down the book and that would be a shame, wouldn't it? It just takes a few minutes to let Pajaro (mike@teamknightrider.com) know that what he is doing is destroying our community and wasting time depriving people of the book. Lets get the book back online, shall we by telling Mike to be a team player.

Richie and Joe can be contacted at:

Richie Levine(shadowflight77@aol.com)
Joe Huth IV(firebirdv84@yahoo.com)

"One man can make a difference"---Wilton Knight

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

--Amianda
A Different Perspective

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: Amianda ]

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amianda:
<STRONG> can make a mass email list and send out a bunch of crap to those of us who aren't even interested.

--Amianda
A Different Perspective

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: Amianda ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry Amianda but i think your wrong in saying "sending out a bunch of crap"!
The way in which it came was a little low but consider the people like me who have ordered the book and now after having Mike doing a paddying fit it gets hauled back..so i have got to wait another month to get it..which was supposed to be a birthday present from my family...my birthday was in mid august.
People are also trying to buy the book now and can't because of this!!....i know i may sound out of line to people but im pretty pissed off about the whole thing. Mike you said you look like the bad guy..maybe you should have thought first

K.I.T.T

[img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Amianda
Volunteer

Post by Amianda » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:11 pm

KITT I'm sorry you're upset but I think you're missing the point. Further up in this very thread, Joe Huth, the other author of the book said very succinctly that the problem was being taken care of and would be resolved soon, meaning that the letter Richie sent out today was over-reactive and blown out of proportion. There is a reason why Richie isnt allowed to post here; he starts too much trouble and causes fights. This is just another attempt of his to divide the KR community and cause problems. So yes, I believe it is a bunch of crap.

Thank you for your concern anyway.

--Amianda
A Different Perspective

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amianda:
<STRONG>KITT I'm sorry you're upset but I think you're missing the point. Further up in this very thread, Joe Huth, the other author of the book said very succinctly that the problem was being taken care of and would be resolved soon, meaning that the letter Richie sent out today was over-reactive and blown out of proportion. There is a reason why Richie isnt allowed to post here; he starts too much trouble and causes fights. This is just another attempt of his to divide the KR community and cause problems. So yes, I believe it is a bunch of crap.

Thank you for your concern anyway.

--Amianda
A Different Perspective</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Im not going to talk about Richie because we can't and i respect that..but it's the fact of the whole issue....my order and probably many others are put back due to Mikes irrational behavior....and people wanting to order the book now can't for now...It wont divide the board its just leaving some people very sore and deservedley so!

K.I.T.T

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: K.I.T.T ]

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:31 pm

I, personally, don't agree with the way the email has asked us all to email Mike, telling him how wrong he was to halt the book, bla bla bla.

That's basically a form of bullying and could only end up making him hate us all by doing this.

The solution is to stay out of it! Let Joe, Richie and Mike deal with it themselves and it WILL get sorted out. I am every bit confident that they will come to an agreement, as has been mentioned already even though we don't know what that agreement is but that's nothing to do with us.

I feel very sorry for the people that have ordered this book, and, ironically, was about to order the book as from tomorrow since that's when I get paid but I may have to halt that for a little while till i get word that things are back on track again.

All I was saying is just don't go emailing Mike telling him how much of a dickhead he is for halting the book, because we don't know the full story.

Even we can't trust everything that's said in that email. That's only one side of things!

Skav