headlights

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dreamchild
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

headlights

Post by Dreamchild » Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:07 am

Wayyy! Hugs all round. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Everyone's happy again. ~ahem~
Now, let's get back to that good ol' Knight Rider.

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

headlights

Post by Darknight » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:04 pm

mbetanco12, I think I have the answer to your question. Find the wires that go directly into your headlights, and cut them, leaving a good bit of extra wire to work with. Take the wire that isn't connected to the bulb anymore, and attach a long wire to it, and work it into the cab through some pre-existing hole in the firewall, or drill one. Simply put that wire into one end of a switch, and use another wire from the other terminal of the switch, and bring it back to where the wire originally ran, to the bulb. The lights will raise when you use your original headlight switch, but will not turn on until you turn the added switch. If you wish, you can modify this circuit by adding a fuse. You can use two switches, to operate each bulb independantly, if you wish, or you can use a switch with two circuits running parallel through it, yet separate from each other. One other option -if you'd like to be able to quickly alternate lights so they appear to flash back and forth, just use a toggle switch, and bring the positive wire into the middle electrode. Wire each outer electrode to one of the headlights, and you're set. Hope this helps!

Darknight

Karr84
Volunteer

headlights

Post by Karr84 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:57 pm

you click on the switch real fast. you have to do it just right. the owners manual will tells you thats the way to do it.

Karr84
Volunteer

headlights

Post by Karr84 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:06 pm

you can also, tighten the headlamp motor dials. they are located next to each headlight door. the dials have the word open and an arrow underneith Open. you just turn them to the ppisite side all the way until they stop clicking.

mbetanco12
Stranger

headlights

Post by mbetanco12 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:38 am

Thanks a lot guys. I will give it a try.

Martin

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

headlights

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:45 pm

I had some work done on my car ('88 Firebird)about a month ago, and asked them to adjust one of the headlights (it was a bit crooked.) After they "fixed" it, the driver-side headlight started sticking. It's basically like a lazy eye; the one headlight flips up about 2 seconds after the other. Drives me crazy, but for the couple hundred dollars they want to fix it (again) I think I can tolerate it.

Mike