knight rider opening parody spoof video link??

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KFCreator » Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:02 pm

I remember a while back that someone posted a link to a site that was like someone's home video spoof of the opening title scene from Knight Rider, only it was some ghetto car. The video was complete with the knight rider theme music and was funny as hell! Anyone remember the link??

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:30 am

Its called Ladaraider by Mark Gabo, Masky,Yha Ja Aatu (yes that is there names)
I got hold of this also...but im not sure how to add a link to it on this site.
There is an address of it
Click here

It is the one which says sucks movie on it.
KITT as a lada ...no way!!

K.I.T.T [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sun Sep 08, 2002 1:13 pm

Hey KFCreator, a lil off topic but a while back you had posted some pics of a future KITT that you had designed. They were really nicely done, and im trying to find them again but the pics wont load. If you still have em on your pc do you think you could post em again? Thanks

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:38 pm

The pics of my designs for the new Knight 3000 (up for consideration for use in the new movie by David Hasselhoff and Glen Larson, BTW) can be found on the server for my site since I'm in the process of completely rebuilding it from the ground up. Here's the link, hope you enjoy until my site goes back up!

The Knight Force index

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:53 pm

Wow, still in the 'looking at designs' phase, they are way behind.

And don't you think that it is a little bit not smart to have designs that are 'up for consideration' for a major production, on the internet, which can be considered free domain? I mean, anybody could take your designs, slap their name on them, submit them, and nobody would ever know the difference. Just bad. And the very thing that every production company tries to avoid.

knightimmortal

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:35 am

ROFL!!! Very nice find K.I.T.T!! That has to be one of the funniest videos i've ever seen. LOL [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:36 pm

knightimmortal--yes, from what everyone can tell,the producers of the new KR movie are still in the "looking at designs" phase as far as we know.

BTW-thanks for the legal advice. As far as posting my designs, I realize that my designs could be stolen and used without my permission, but I do have two things that would help me out should that ever happen: 1) I already created a copyright for all of my designs and 2) I submitted my designs directly through David Hasselhoff and should my designs ever be used without my permission, I know that David would advocate for me and help gather proof that he received the designs from me, and that the studios got them from him.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:49 pm

KFC, I think I had better give you a little bit of advice here.

The last person who ended up in a large conflict around here, had it topped off by his name dropping, and his sensationalism about his association with people associated with Knight Rider. And he had solid proof of his dealings. It was turned into a book.

I suggest that you do lighten up on the Hasselhoff name dropping. While it can and may be all true, it has a tendency of misleading people, and causing undue conflict with you, and we don't want that happening to a longstanding member like you.

In addition, still having your designs on the internet is extremely hazardous, because even if David backs you up, legally, even with the claim of a copyright, you are still leaving yourself in a great risk with the legal department, especially if they want to keep the actual designs secret for the big premiere. (It garners more viewers that way.) You've already let it out there for the world to see.

Just a little friendly advice from somebody who knows a little too much copyright law now due to certain circumstances, and who doesn't really want to see anybody get hurt or disappointed in the end because of the little things that stem from the internet.

knightimmortal

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:09 pm

Thanks for reposting the pics KF. Youre designs are very detailed and extremely high quality. I know you must have spent a great deal of time on them. Great Job.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:52 pm

knightimmortal--first off,thanks for the encouragement and support and for all the legal advice. I definitely take it all to heart and am trying to be as careful as possible while still allowing a select few people to see scans of my designs.

Yeah, I can tone down the Hasselhoff name dropping too. I know that I get a little carried away sometimes but when one of my closest friends is also my all-time hero, it's hard not to go on and on at least just a little bit. Sorry, I'll try not to brag so much.

The legal advice definitely is sound, however if you browse the U.S Copyright Office's website, they assure that if you hold a regstered copyright, it can be upheld as direct evidence in court should you find yourself in some legal entanglement. That said, along with the fact that I DO hold true copyright on my designs, I feel prepared for whatever situation may come along. I have a lot of friends in high places that range from people like David to state supreme court judges, and should I find myself facing any dilemma's, I think I could face it fairly well. Besides, my guess is that should my designs be stolen and used without my permission (and because I have proof of copyright), the studio would probably opt to settle for use of my designs rather than go to court. In that case, I'd be happy to negotiate. It'd save me trouble, and them trouble.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:59 pm

I know the U.S. Copyright laws very well. I also know that when it comes to the internet, they are having go through several new regulations for it. I have read virtually all of U.S. Copyright law, and I still don't care if you have friends in high places, you need to be a whole lot more careful if you are going to have such high aspirations for your work. You'd probably have better chances if you hadn't already released them to the world for the whole world to see.

Thanks for taking my advice to heart, however, KFC. I just don't want to see anybody hurt around here, because of this board.

knightimmortal

situ
Volunteer

Post by situ » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:44 am

The names are more like nicknames!
Aatu is a real name in Finland but not used often anymoore.