How use the spm mod on all map and HOW to ride with Karr (PC

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sonicfreak
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sonicfreak » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:11 pm

[ November 11, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicfreak ]

Sonicfreak
Recruit

Post by Sonicfreak » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:13 pm

Skav, you can destroy KITT when your damage bar is full. So, you could say that you could die in a way. The game isn't very challenging in easy and normal mode, but in hard mode the game is really challenging. In fact the game can be pretty tough in hard mode.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:17 pm

Sonicfreak, thanks for the info!! I hope KITT isn't damaged easily when he hits something though because it'd not be true to the series if a simple bump to a semi would cause a lot of damage although he did suffer superficial damage throughout the series.

Skav

Knight Industry
Volunteer

Post by Knight Industry » Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Babs Bunny:
<STRONG>

Aw man! So does that mean you can't use turbo boost to attack random people either?
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Babs Bunny</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope! Actually there are no people in the game itself, only in the shots between the missions. The game itself only consists of roads, buildings and cars. No people walking around [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Knight Industry
Volunteer

Post by Knight Industry » Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skav:
<STRONG>Sonicfreak, thanks for the info!! I hope KITT isn't damaged easily when he hits something though because it'd not be true to the series if a simple bump to a semi would cause a lot of damage although he did suffer superficial damage throughout the series.

Skav</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

KITT sure isn't damaged easily, just hitting rocks or other cars won't hurt him. But mines, Goliath and KARR will!

Digitalmovment
Volunteer

Post by Digitalmovment » Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:05 am

I guess I'm a little late in jumping on this thread but it seems to me like there are many more hacks that can be done to this game quite easally. I'm still waiting for the release but I think you will be able to play with damage control and other major parts of the game. Developers generally don't make it so easy to change what should be hard code. Shows signs of weak programming, fun but weak.

dave parsons
Stranger

Post by dave parsons » Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:18 am

hey guy.. i am new here.. so i have been looking you post last few week.. been good.. also good pic of karr.. where playstaion2 from.. usa or what .. i am from uk...what this game.. is p.c or playstation...please feel free drop my email... take care all of you speak to you soon bye ..
dave
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jonathan
Recruit

Post by Jonathan » Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:44 am

Have you tryed with Goliath ???

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:50 pm

Well, I've got the game today, and first thing for me to do was replace Kitt with Karr and Michael with Garthe. I always liked the bad guys better [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
It was easy to replace the speech-menu on the bottom and to replace Kitt (as told before in this thread). I even changed the scanner-sound.
I thought if someone is interested in this little mod I could upload it somewhere and post a link here.
Anyone want to have it?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:50 am

Garthe Knight,I would like to have that mod.Are you saying you were able to change the speeche sounds? or just the pics on the bottom when they speak?Also have you found a way to make kitt souund like karr?and have you found a way to make the voice modulater to speak like karrs would?

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:32 am

No, I couldn't change the voices of the two cars, because I have no wav files for them. If you had these files it would be possible.

I only could change the voice box animation at the bottom of the screen, but this is better than nothing.

You can download it here and try it yourself.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:24 pm

You gave me a great idea Garthe knight.You showed me so far that we can each edit the text in the game itself but theres something else we can change the characters gifs when they speack and we can also change the wavs they say that we hear.What i'm getting at is this,we have huge collections of wavs of each characters,we can change the entire game if we wanted to.The changes I've maid so far are the wavs i traded kitts scanner for karrs,just now i changed the kitt gif for karrs.and ive tested my own theory that if we could change the kitt for karr why not trade kitt for any car.I did that by switching kitt file name with karrs,the chase car in mission 2 and what seemed like the grey explorer in the first enemy confrontaion.I've also switched the text when we want to exit the game where it says something like"Are you sure you want to quit to "Would Wilton Knight quit?"There is limited capacity to some lines.Iff i had more room i would put in "Would Wilton Knight give up a chance to make a difference in the world?" lol but thats just me.

Well in a nutshell what i meant to say is that we can replace the wavs with what we want,Match the scripts to the playing audio wavs,and change the gifs thereby making our own kick-ass Knight Rider Game.

Anyone agree with me?

by the way thanks Garthe for the help with the mod.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:01 am

Very interesting. Sounding like the potential for alterations is far easier than I would have originally suspected. There may yet be hope of seeing a better KITT...or even a KARR dash.

When I had an original PlayStation design, I had one of those game cheat devices that allowed me to, on a limited basis, view/listen to some of the source files. It was amazing just how open source code some of the files were. I had even attempted to integrate some of the "professionals" ideas into my own home brewed games...to a limited amount of success.