Fan Pics

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Marcelius
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Fan Pics

Post by Marcelius » Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:55 pm

Hello fellow Knight Rider fans!

I have been a fan of the Knight Rider television series since I was a kid, and I still haven't grown out of it. I found the Knight Rider game amazing and true to the series, yet very easy to complete on all difficulty levels. But I will not bash the game because, there is nothing to bash, and I realize myself that I probably couldn't do a better job lol :P

Anyway, the subject of this post is basically..I have drawn numerous Knight Rider drawings over the years, and I would like to see other fan's renditions of Goliath, KITT, KARR or any other Knight Rider related material.

Also, I'd just like to state that I love this message board and have read almost all posts, great job!

---KITT V.S. KARR FLAW(?) Why is it that the cop arrests Michael Knight when it is evidentally clear that Michael never turbo boosted over the semi and spilled it's cargo..and he is clearly not close enough to the semi to actually have done anything.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Pics

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:01 pm

Hi, and welcome!

I do not have any drawings (I stink at drawing) but I know that several of our board members do have them.

And in answer to your KvK flaw: They stopped Michael because the report was of a Black Trans-Am raising havoc in the area, and the cops did not know that KITT didn't cause the transport to be the way that it was. The same kind of damage could have been caused by a car running it off the road.

knightimmortal

Marcelius
Volunteer

Fan Pics

Post by Marcelius » Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:06 pm

Very true, and well stated KnightImmortal...I can't believe I never realized that...And I call myself a Knight Rider fan...lol :P

Oh well, thanks for posting! and it's great to be a part of this awesome forum! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Pics

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:49 pm

Maybe they stopped Michael cause they saw the red light and knew it's llegal to imprsonate the cops in any way.And while they were at it they probably wrote him up a nasty fine for not having his hands at 10 and 2 on his funky looking steering wheel.lol!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

If your intrested in seeing some of my artwork of knight rider youu can go to : http://knightracer.cjb.net/

a much more direct way to go to the artwork part of thee ste is this: http://knightracer.cjb.net/

I want opinions on everything.Not just they look great.(tooting my own horn)

Katt
Operative

Fan Pics

Post by Katt » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:32 pm

*giggles* here's a flaw, I've always wondrered about. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

In junk yard dog, how exactly did they get that tow line from the flat bed, hooked onto KITT who was in the pit?

Did they just throw it in till they hooked him, or....? [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Katt ]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Pics

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:18 pm

I'll take a wack at this one katt.I'm guessing since the volitile chemicals were too much for kitts well coated body that a protective suit won't do well against it either.Even if they used metal which is pretty hard to fit in an metal suit.Ask Duke depalma he should know from team knight rider.Well maybe they had some computerized gadget that could see through the chemical pit and find a place to hook onto kitt to tow him up.Just a thought here guys but did anyone else feel as terrible as i did in that episode not only in the scene of kitt little swim we see that Michael couldn't help kitt when he needed him,but the worst part is that when they pulled him out of the chemical trench and hoist him up to the truck,Michael thinks he can get a reply from his buddy when every wire,piece of electroics equipment was torn out,drowned out,or burned out beyond recognition.There was no sign of the dash at all.In my opinion this episode ranks right up there with kitt vs karr.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Fan Pics

Post by March2875 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:52 am

When I watched that episode as a child for the first time. I remember my reaction was being mad at Michael for letting Kitt die. It never entered my young mind that Michael couldn't have saved him anyway. It just made me so mad that Kitt had saved Michael 100's of times but Michael couldn't save him even once. Anyone else have a reaction like that?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Fan Pics

Post by Skav » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:25 am

Plenty of times. I'm still trying to get over the fact that in 'Goliath' Michael thought he could knock out the truck's right front wheel with KITT. As soon as he suggested this idea, I KNEW what was coming.

And then there is the fact that Michael didn't simply push KITT onto all 4 wheels after he'd been knocked over, so instead he just tired the poor little guy out by revving the engine and spinning his wheels to make him turn over.

Bad Bad Michael!!!!

Skav

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Pics

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:20 am

March 2875,i felt the same way in junk yard dog.I think kitt should have launched his winch,grappling hook thingy to something strong and just pulled himself out.Problem with that there wouldnt be an episode.

Marcelius
Volunteer

Fan Pics

Post by Marcelius » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:15 pm

....errr....How did my topic post change from Knight Rider fan pics to Knight Rider bloopers/screw ups!?! LOL!

I want to see some fan pics, dammit!!! >.<

Everyone knows Knight Rider was full of bloopers, feel free to post them if you want...but I want Knight Rider fan pics as well!!!

rusti_knight
Operative

Fan Pics

Post by rusti_knight » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:32 pm

Here's one for you:
http://www.solfire.com/yna/artists/Rusti/sunsetta.jpg

I wouldn't really call it a fan pic...I have a couple prints left I'm trying to sell...but it suits the purpose.

BTW, sorry the scan sucks so bad, the pic had to be scanned in four pieces and stitched together, it leeched the color out and put lines through it.

Rusti

[ November 20, 2002: Message edited by: rusti_knight ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Pics

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:31 pm

As for the thread getting off topic, well, that happens, as long as it remains KR based, that is how things generally go. We live with it. If you want to see fan pics, I do suggest that you go through the search function and look thorugh some of the threads, I did find many of them while digging through, in addition to the fact that many people have them on their websites, so I do suggest you go cruising websites if you can.

As for the nitpicks (bloopers), there are 84 pages dedicated to them at http://knightridercollective.8m.com many from this very board.

As for the answer to KITT using his grappling hook to get out of the pit in JYD, plain chemistry stops that. KITT's cable for his grappling hook is nothing that extraordinary. If that goo was thick enough to eat through his MBS, to get into his interior and eat it out, he most likely would have snapped the cable, or the pure fact that the goo had already infiltrated his systems, most likely made such functions had already malfunctioned. And finally, the propulsion that it would have taken for such emergency measures would have splashed the toxic goo all over Michael and the woman of the week, therefore endangering their lives.

Logic can be found in some acts.

knightimmortal

Marcelius
Volunteer

Fan Pics

Post by Marcelius » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:45 pm

Rusti_Knight,

VERY nice picture indeed. I really liked it, good ol' KITT in front of a very nice background, indeed.

Thanks for posting [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Marcelius
Volunteer

Fan Pics

Post by Marcelius » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:48 pm

Knight Racer,

I liked your KITT dashboard drawing from your sight, your attention to detail really shines through...with my drawings...I tend to stick to the exterior of the car, as opposed to the interior, but I'm really impressed.

Nice job.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Fan Pics

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:36 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marcelius2002:
<STRONG>Knight Racer,

I liked your KITT dashboard drawing from your sight, your attention to detail really shines through...with my drawings...I tend to stick to the exterior of the car, as opposed to the interior, but I'm really impressed.

Nice job.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the compliment.It seems around here lately all Iv'e been getting much of is criticism or ignored.If you like the dash drawing I did in the drawings section of my site you should see the stuff I do in adobe illustrator.I have drawings of kitts exterior side,in color,dash,4rth season dash,and front view from the opening credits.I have to put them up some day but if your realy intrested in these realy realy great pieces of artork then instant message me at cybrtronmatrix.Everyonne on the board can.It get lonely on the internet....
[img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

rusti_knight
Operative

Fan Pics

Post by rusti_knight » Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:51 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marcelius2002:
<STRONG>Rusti_Knight,

VERY nice picture indeed. I really liked it, good ol' KITT in front of a very nice background, indeed.

Thanks for posting [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks and you're welcome in the same breath. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] If you like it that much, buy a print, I'll cover shipping. Encourage me more, and I'll do one of Karr without the wolf in the background, as is my custom. I've got one planned of Beast too, but that one you may not be interested in.

Knight Racer: Don't ignore critisism too much, it helps you grow artistically. Good crits usually include a suggestion on how to fix the problem (something I've tried to impress upon the flamers that email me once in a while...hasn't sunk in). If somebody points out something that looks wrong, take a second look at that something and at your reference material, or walk away from the picture, then come back to it in a day or so and see if you can spot the error. Don't fuss, or one day, when you want a good crit, no one will give you one.

Rusti