Dont Rule KR Out of Vice City Just Yet.....

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:17 pm

Hey everyone, i was reading a question and answer session one of the guys from Rockstar games was doing on IGN. Incase anyone here doesnt know, Grand Theft Auto Vice City is completed and set to release in 3 days.

Anyway, Here's a question i picked up on the page.

1. First off are their TV and movie vehicles in the game such as KITT from Knight Rider, A-Team Van, etc.? If so what ones?

Rob from Rockstar responds: You will find cars that might remind you of watching shows in the 80's

Well he didnt flat out come and say No. So again, while it may be far fetched... Who knows...Im keepin my fingers crossed on this one...

[ October 26, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:49 am

Cool i can drive KITT or the Genneal Lee i can escape Sonny Crocert AKA Don Johnson AKA Nash Bridges.

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:51 am

can i E-mail the guys from Rocket Star and ask them to be my friend

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:07 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centaurus17:
<STRONG>

Rob from Rockstar responds: You will find cars that might remind you of watching shows in the 80's

</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If KITT is in the game, he may make an appearance as a very tacky looking car!
Seeing as Rob didn't go over board about details. Don't they have to get rights to the car if they want to add the car in the game..they may of gone for the cheap version

K.I.T.T

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:56 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>Cool i can drive KITT or the Genneal Lee i can escape Sonny Crocert AKA Don Johnson AKA Nash Bridges.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, they didn't say that you would drive any TV cars! If they didn't officially come out and say: "Yes, you can drive 80's TV cars." then don't assume that's what it means.

It probably just means you will be driving the same types of Vehicles. You know, instead of driving BA's van, you will drive a 1982 GMC Van. Instead of driving KITT, you will drive an 82 Pontiac Trans Am.

Smoothy
Rookie

Post by Smoothy » Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:59 pm

The Official Playstation 2 magazine (Dec 2002 UK) reviewed Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and they say this:

"If you keep your eyes peeled you'll find a car that's a dead ringer for KITT from Knight Rider"

It's on p16. So it's safe to assume there's a Trans AM car in GTA3:Vice City. One more reason to buy it [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

DaveHarries
Volunteer

Post by DaveHarries » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smoothy:
<STRONG>The Official Playstation 2 magazine (Dec 2002 UK) reviewed Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and they say this:

"If you keep your eyes peeled you'll find a car that's a dead ringer for KITT from Knight Rider"

It's on p16. So it's safe to assume there's a Trans AM car in GTA3:Vice City. One more reason to buy it [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

woo! I've got my Vice City on pre-order along with Knight Rider. On VC, im gonna get me a black Trans AM and keep it in my garage saved at all times! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:53 pm

Games like that don't have the model or the car exactly as it should be. One such game (and it was bad IMHO) was Interstate 82. I'76 was very cool if you excused the gfx glitches. In I'82 there was a car named...Night(or knight I don't recall) Writter. Typical comical name for that and the model didn't resemble KITT at all, didn't resemble a Trans Am anyways. It was black and it had a 'shape' like in some weird toys. I'd rather like to play the KR game which will have that very nice black shiney model. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:48 pm

Yup, i read that a version of Kitt was in the game in a review over at Gamefaqs as well. I've been desperately trying to find a picture of him but to no avail. Anyone here have any better luck then i did?

K.I.F.T.
Volunteer

Post by K.I.F.T. » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smoothy:
<STRONG>The Official Playstation 2 magazine (Dec 2002 UK) reviewed Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and they say this:

It's on p16. So it's safe to assume there's a Trans AM car in GTA3:Vice City. One more reason to buy it [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

COOL! I'm gonna have to buy the game just so I can cruse around as K.I.T.T. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Smoothy
Rookie

Post by Smoothy » Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:44 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centaurus17:
<STRONG>Yup, i read that a version of Kitt was in the game in a review over at Gamefaqs as well. I've been desperately trying to find a picture of him but to no avail. Anyone here have any better luck then i did?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, come Fri I'm sure that some bright spark here will post a pic of the Trans AM.

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:18 am

If you want a pic of the car from I'82 I think I can get it. I still have the game hiding around...

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:08 am

There it is. The night writter was a car modification for I'76 but only as a name. Here is the I'82 'KITT', or more likely...K.A.T. From all the conversions of KITT in a game this is definitely the worse...but since we post about KR related stuff: http://ghostridertlsov.homestead.com/files/K.A.T..jpg http://ghostridertlsov.homestead.com/files/K.A.T.2.jpg http://ghostridertlsov.homestead.com/files/K.A.T.3.jpg http://ghostridertlsov.homestead.com/files/K.A.T.4.jpg

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:52 am

LOL That car looks awful!! lol....But thanks for the pic's!!!

K.I.T.T

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:12 pm

Whoah! KITT as a law enforcement vehicle in Vice city!
Gonna check some sites to see if I can find anything.

edit: didn't find pics of KITT in Vice City yet. Only info too. :-(
Anyways, 2 more pics from I'82.
K.A.T.'s paintjob (observe the name) http://ghostridertlsov.homestead.com/files/K.A.T.5.jpg
and another car (another total crap conversion...you will know what it is...) but Activision put a funny description on it. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] http://ghostridertlsov.homestead.com/files/General_Grant.jpg

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: Ghost Rider LSOV ]

DaveHarries
Volunteer

Post by DaveHarries » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:00 pm

Look what I found..

from http://www.vicecity.com

There's also a video clip of the car available Image

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: David Harries ]

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: David Harries ]

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:39 pm

Found that too, but it's a modified Corvette I think. Still, it wouldn't look bad in black and a red scanner in front. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

BabsBunny
Rookie

Post by BabsBunny » Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:44 pm

I was looking at a strategy guide for the game today, and they have a complete listing of cars available. Anyway, one of the cars onthe first page is this silvery sports car type, that looks more like a Camaro than anything. But on its hood, it's got a funny little red scannerlight thingie. It's near the windshield though, but I think it's a nod to KITT.
To be honest, that's probably as far as we're gonna get to our four-wheeled friend in the game.

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: Babs Bunny ]

Smoothy
Rookie

Post by Smoothy » Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:02 am

I like the description. The person who wrote that obviously knew his Knight Rider stuff [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:56 am

Here's what i know so far. Apparently KITT is a form of law enforcement in the game. A friend of mine who just bought the game says that when he got up to four stars (for anyone not familiar with the GTA engine, the stars are form of police want level), he was attacked by a really fast car, and he said that it really resembled KITT from KR.

I haven't had much time to go and buy the game, but I might check it out at his house tomorrow and see what the deal is. Still searching for a pic but no dice as of yet.

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:25 pm

Sorry for bumping this thing back up, but I was checking some pics again.
This one http://www.gouranga.com/images/gtavice/vc-041.jpg
which in a way reminds me of KITT with the roof down. (quite a longshot)
And this http://www.gouranga.com/images/gtavice/vc-070.jpg http://gta3.gamesweb.com/gtareactor/showpic.php?picid=558&design_id=vc http://gta3.gamesweb.com/gtareactor/showpic.php?picid=555&design_id=vc

edit- I was wrong about this car, the 2 other photos show it's the Camaro. Nice looking anyways.

Also one interesting thing I saw in pregaming.com's review replies, was this "The police through out spike strips to take out your tires, and also aim at them as you drive by, but the helicopters also have much better aim and use their guns more. On rooftops you're not safe anymore, because with more stars SWAT team people with repell down from the copters. The FBI also has two vehicles this time, and there is an under-cover cop car. "
hmmm.....
At least maybe with some modding (as usual) maybe someone can make a KITT out of one of the new cars...

[ November 11, 2002: Message edited by: Ghost Rider LSOV ]

IceKnight
Rookie

Post by IceKnight » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:15 pm

Well, I've been playing for a few days now, and I have two suggestions.

One: the FBI, or Vice Squad, as we prefer to call them (it looks like the miami vice cops that jump out in pastel suits and t shirts) ride around in undercover Cheetahs (Ferrari's) with flashing red lights on the dash. Should they be riding around in a black one, it could easily be mistaken for KITT by an untrained eye. These cars come after you at 4 stars.

Two: Rumors have it KITT comes after you once you hit 6 stars, right before the tanks come. I haven't seen this yet, but then again cannot fully disprove it either.

SPM
Stranger

Post by SPM » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:09 pm

Gday

I was flipping through a PlayStation mag at the newsagents and it had something on Vice City. It also had a list on vehicles in 80`s TV Shows and they had KITT! It had a small pic of KITT in auto-cruise and Michael climbing through the sunroof from Knight Strike. They mentioned some of KITT`s functions like micro jammers, medical scan, grappling hook etc. After the functions they wrote "Gay". Their verdict was "Too smart for it`s own good", but they gave it an 8.
They also mentioned KITT`s body "1983 Pontiac Trans Am". But we all know it`s really a 1982 Pontiac Trans Am.

Seeya.