Question and Observation...

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Leanne
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Leanne » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:24 pm

Okay I have a question and something to share. First, the question: The other night I was watching "Goliath Returns" (I think that was the name of the episode) and it was to be continued...but I had class and my VCR screwed up and didn't tape it. Can someone please tell me what happened in the 2nd episode? I'm sure KITT came out victorious, but I'd just like to know the details.

Also, tonight I was watching the episode (can't remember the name...sorry) but it's from the second season where the guy who knows Michael as Michael Long comes back and tries to kill him and kidnap KITT...anyways, it said that Michael Long died on August 8th 1982...which would've been the date that Michael Knight was "born", right? That's my birthday...just thought that was cool!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:54 pm

Let's see, Goliath Returns:

*** SPOILER TO ANYBODY WHO HAS NEVER SEEN IT ***

....Michael gets thrown into a cell by Garthe, as they prepare to move the Doctor, while the phoney gets away with what he can. Devon, April and the real Doctor try their great, grand escapes, end up coming up short, end up in a different cell. Garthe and Adrienne try to move Dr. Bergstrom in Goliath. Michael breaks out, goes and frees Christina from the evil fake Dr. Bergstrom, then rushes back to try to free the real Dr. Bergstrom from Goliath. Goliath goes through several roadblocks, KITT is hot on his tail. Michael does a great save of Dr. Bergstrom, pulls ahead of Goliath, and basically baits Garthe into driving Goliath off of a cliff with Adrienne inside, buy using KITT's grappling hook to keep the car from going over. Goliath plummets to the waters below and sinks. The end. (except for the cute little after thought of Michael trying to hit on Christina)

The other episode you speak of is "A Good Knight's Work" but Michael Knight's birth is not necessarily at the time of Michael Long's death. It probably took some time to get the paperwork done, and time to figure out if Michael Long was actually going to live. They do have Michael Knight's birthdate listed as something completely different in his driver's license, but that is most likely adjusted.

Hope this helps.

knightimmortal

Leanne
Volunteer

Post by Leanne » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:02 pm

Thanks so much!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Digitalmovment
Volunteer

Post by Digitalmovment » Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:29 am

Arrrgh...
That was close. I watched Part 1 this morning and Part 2 is on tomorrow. Oh by the way ya should have started by telling how they servive the 300 foot drop after they fly off the cliff. Guess april did fix KITT.

KARR

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:38 am

Yeah, I agree. If they left the viewer on a cliffhangar (cliff-dropper?) you should have said that when they span off the cliff top, they were in mid-air for a while, spinning around. Then MK was smacking the overhead console, probably in an effort to open the parachute, which did open. They then landed safely on the ground. MK got out to sort out the parachute (either pack it back into KITT or to detach it) when he was surrounded by armed men, whilst Garthe and Goliath looked down on them from the clifftop.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:56 am

Okay people, KI was nice enough to even give us that synopsis of the second part of Goliath Returns, so I don't think you should be jumping all over her because she didn't include everything, OK?

-Scott

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:32 pm

Don't be sorry, because it isn't your fault.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>If you want every detail of the episode, watch it.

But that's ok, we don't have to answer episode synopsis questions around here anymore, because if we aren't going to get nice reactions about it, then we don't have to take up board space for it.

Sorry about leaving out such an important detail, Leanne, I truly hope that you got some use out of it. I do suggest that you catch the other ones in the future, because certain people have ruined the chances of good synopsis answers in the future. I will refer you to The Knight Rider Archive for future answers about episodes.

Once again. Sorry.

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leanne
Volunteer

Post by Leanne » Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:33 pm

The part where KITT and Michael go over the cliff and the parachute is deployed and saves them was at the end of the first episode...I'd already seen that part. When he was putting the parachute away and the guys surrounded him with guns is where they put the "to be continued" thing up. So I didn't miss anything there...the synopsis was great.

[ November 12, 2002: Message edited by: Leanne ]

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:24 am

I agree with Scott!!!
Be a little considerate!! to K.I!

K.I.T.T

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:39 am

If you want every detail of the episode, watch it.

But that's ok, we don't have to answer episode synopsis questions around here anymore, because if we aren't going to get nice reactions about it, then we don't have to take up board space for it.

Sorry about leaving out such an important detail, Leanne, I truly hope that you got some use out of it. I do suggest that you catch the other ones in the future, because certain people have ruined the chances of good synopsis answers in the future. I will refer you to The Knight Rider Archive for future answers about episodes.

Once again. Sorry.

knightimmortal

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:00 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leanne:
<STRONG>The part where KITT and Michael go over the cliff and the parachute is deployed and saves them was at the end of the first episode...I'd already seen that part. When he was putting the parachute away and the guys surrounded him with guns is where they put the "to be continued" thing up. So I didn't miss anything there...the synopsis was great.

[ November 12, 2002: Message edited by: Leanne ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, well I apologise to KI for jumping on her. But I just felt that you should have said what happens when KITT goes over the cliff. Leanne has stated that she (presuambly she's a she and not a he) had already watched the bit after KITT has landed. Now in the eps that I have seen (apart from one Channel 5 "feature-length" episode which shows Goliath Returns in full, albeit with adverts in it), this episode is split into two parts, with the first part ending when you see KITT spinning off the clifftop. Thus, I assumed that Leanne had seen it up to this point and decided that she at least needed to know what happens to KITT after he flies off. After all, if you had only watched it up to that point, wouldn't you want to know what happened?

[PS this post isn't having a dig at anyone, just in case someone misreads it]

Leanne
Volunteer

Post by Leanne » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:45 am

Yes, I'm a "she" and I was thinking about that after I posted my response. That they could have cut the episode off earlier in a different showing. I assumed that the cut offs were always in the same spot for every episode. I guess they're not...that's interesting.
Anyways, I appreciate everyone's help. With any luck, maybe I'll be able to catch the second half of that episode sometime. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Digitalmovment
Volunteer

Post by Digitalmovment » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:53 am

First off I'm sorry for brining it up. But somthing strange to point out. At the end of Part 1 it ended here with MK and KITT spinning in thin air. The last line of the episode was "Prey Bonnie Fixed You!!!" continued. Is it normal practice to splice it in different places? Just a little somthing to think about.

KARR

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:51 am

Nitpick: It's "Pray APRIL fixed you".

The original airing, when both hours were shown together, spilt the episode in mid-air for a commercial break. It's possible the episode was available in syndication as a 2-hour block, but a station decided to split it over 2 days anyway.

The other explanation could be that if a station is airing more commercials, the timing of the show would be pushed forward a bit so they'd end the episode a little earlier- mid fall.

I think it's a little odd that syndicated airings would be different, but both cuts do exist. These are just some possible explanations.

Mike