First KR Game

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

First KR Game

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:17 pm

Hi everyone!! I have been surfing around and came across a site (which may belong to one of our members im not sure though,sorry if im standing on toes) but they have the tape cover for Knight Rider for spectrum 48k...man i wish i got this game instead of them stupid dizzy games. But the tape cover looks good for its age! (even thou its the wrong scanner lol.
Though you all might want to check it out..
Knight Rider

K.I.T.T

Newcastle knight
Operative

First KR Game

Post by Newcastle knight » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:56 pm

thats weird, coz i found the same game on the Blockbuster.co.uk website last week when i searched KR in their game's section. that and the one for the atari, why are they even there ? blockbuster rent out PS2, X-box and gamecube games now, lol. you cant even get dreamcast games let alone spectrum one's !

i also noticed KNIGHT RIDER SPECIAL - PC, wonder what that is.

anywho, this pic seems to be clearer than the one on that website nick.

scott

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

First KR Game

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:02 pm

LMAO Spectrum games in blockbuster lol..laughing hard now!! lol
That pic is cleaner, cheers Scott..the other pc game does look interesting i wonder what the game is like....

K.I.T.T

KRR
Rookie

First KR Game

Post by KRR » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:43 pm

The PC games are available at my site here.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

First KR Game

Post by jup » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:13 pm

Considering the age and the company, that is a really great cover Ocean made.

I never knew there were this many old KR vid. games. So, that makes...what...seven of them? (1 Atari, 2 Commodores, 1 handheld, 1 NES, 1 Spectrum and 1 for that old CD-based system that I never remember the name to.) And, now we'll soon have the soon-to-be-released #8 for the modern systems to add to the list. Really cool.

Skav
FLAG Operative

First KR Game

Post by Skav » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:18 pm

That wouldn't be the MEGA CD would it? Although I did own this console once and I don't remember any kr games for it.

Skav

JustinMacri
Rookie

First KR Game

Post by JustinMacri » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:40 pm

wait Knight Rider is at Blockbuster now i thought it is not out till Q1 and my Grandmother saids she has a feeling it will be out by Xmas

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

First KR Game

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:42 pm

That is not the same Knight Rider game, Justin.

knightimmortal

situ
Volunteer

First KR Game

Post by situ » Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:39 am

Here are few old screen shots Image

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

First KR Game

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:12 am

Zed thats the game 've been looking for for a very long time.I was wondering if you could email me the rom and emulator?It killed my pc a few years ago but now i have a new pc so i want to try that game with a working emulator.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

First KR Game

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:28 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zed:
<STRONG>Here are few old screen shots Image

</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

KITT having skuds!!!! lol..ok was there a massive block of the original series i still need to see lol.
Great screens though!
K.I.T.T

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

First KR Game

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:25 am

I've palyed the game and when I'm home I sometimes play it on a spec emulator (I've got all the original games, not copies or .sna files etc). And KITT doesn't have skuds. He's supposed to shoot them down. The only one feature I liked about the game was the fact that either you could drive and KITT would shoot the skuds down or you could do the shooting while KITT drove.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

First KR Game

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:45 am

*sigh* Justin, if you can actually read, you will see that we are talking about a completely different game. Anyone can see this.

Also, no matter what you want, or what dear old Granny feels... the game will not be out by Christmas for the United States. The game makers do not and will not cater to you.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>wait Knight Rider is at Blockbuster now i thought it is not out till Q1 and my Grandmother saids she has a feeling it will be out by Xmas</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

First KR Game

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:32 am

I hate to do this but i've been trieing to hunt down this game for years can anyone give email me a copy of it with the commodore 64 emulator?I've asked this already but i keep seeming to be ignored as usual when i ask for something on this board from any member.Thats the reason i quit helping others like a yesterday i helped a few people get the high resolution pics of kitt they wanted.

situ
Volunteer

First KR Game

Post by situ » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:52 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knight Racer:
<STRONG>I hate to do this but i've been trieing to hunt down this game for years can anyone give email me a copy of it with the commodore 64 emulator?I've asked this already but i keep seeming to be ignored as usual when i ask for something on this board from any member.Thats the reason i quit helping others like a yesterday i helped a few people get the high resolution pics of kitt they wanted.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry that I did not post reply earlier!
I have been quite busy with my work. I dont read this board every day! I am sorry if you got the impression that I was ignoring you! I do not have any kind of emulator and I dont know how you could get them!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

First KR Game

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:12 pm

Anyone else have the rom and emulator that they can email me?Or has everyone stopped reading this thread by now?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

First KR Game

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:50 pm

Zed this isnt a personal thing against you its just that every time something that i want like a specific pick someone has or the rom or an emulator or anything for that matter if they have it they dont want to upload a copy to me and when I have something everyone else wants ie high resolution pics of kitt then people expect me to be nice and give them a copy but whenever i aska favor of them its like they dont know me at all.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

First KR Game

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:29 pm

Maybe because you are a bit aggressive about your request. I don't know who all may have done that to you on this board, but you really don't have to demonstrate that the whole board is that way. Generally, if somebody has it, they will post it, if they don't, then they are not withholding it from you.

knightimmortal

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

First KR Game

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:50 pm

Knightimmrtal,you may be right but do know that some people have this game on pc as a game rom and they just doont wish to help out another guy who needs it.This isnt just the board i noticed it in the people i help out.for example i've helped out many people with there computer but when it came a time when i needed a copy of the indows 98 cd to install in my brand new computer ad i asked the same people i helped out they made up a bunch of excuses why they couldn't give me it.Thats why i became very angry and said to myself this is how the world works.True some people in the world are good and nice but majority are not.I know everyone says be nice and others will be nice i return but thats just not how the world works. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

First KR Game

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:59 pm

Knight Racer, I know exactly what you mean, but eventually, you do find that shining example that will help you to no end. They probably feel somewhat the same way.

Be patient, sooner or later somebody will open up and help you. I wish I could, but I don't even have it. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

First KR Game

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:37 pm

Thanks knightimmortal your probably one of those good people that i mentioned before. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

First KR Game

Post by Army_F_Body » Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:55 am

Newcastle knight you mentioned Knight Rider Special, one of my personnel faves. It was released on the Turbo Grafix 16 in the early 1990s, but only in Japan. I found the ROM about 5 years ago, but I do not currently have it now. It plays a lot like the old Sega game outrun, with a 3rd person view of KITT. The games lets you use all the classic moves like turbo boost, and ski mode, don't know if spm is in it though. I'll see if I can get a link or something for you on that. Until this new game came out, I think KRS was the best KR game out there.