Semi OT - The Return of New Edition

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:29 pm

Just found this interesting little tidbit on Yahoo News, seems that New Edition is coming back under the winds of P. Diddy.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=799&e=1&cid=795&u=/eo/20021022/en_music_eo/10711

For those of you who do not remember how this relates to KR, refer to the episode "Knight Song"

knightimmortal

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:50 pm

ARRRGHHH. the worst episode of all time! I had to be reminded of that particular episode, didn't I, lol. only joking.

As for P. Diddy...I'll leave that up to knightrider_ni to comment on. I hate rnb music! worst kind!

Skav

KRAvenger
Rookie

Post by KRAvenger » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:51 pm

Can You imagine all the damage Bobby Brown could do with P. Diddy as his mentor?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:58 pm

Probably the reason why Bobby Brown is the sole member that is not returning. Maybe P. Diddy didn't even want to think about it. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:44 pm

New Edition coming back? I say "awesome". I find myself liking more and more childhood nostalgia as time goes along. I liked Bobby Brown, too. Sorry folks, but I can't be saying anything against Diddy. I like a lot of his music, and a lot of it I don't, but even being a country boy from WV, I have to admit that I love any music, whether blues, hip hop, soul, r & b, etc...that has a good beat, and seems to be put together with some semblance of order. That's what I dislike about some of the more extreme rock, and some jazz. It's too hard to tell what the song is doing, much less venture a guess of where it's going to go at the next chord change, if there is a chord change. I like good music, I just ask that it not meander like a blind snake.

Darknight

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:05 pm

"It's too hard to tell what the song is doing, much less venture a guess of where it's going to go at the next chord change"

Ahhhh, but that's the beauty of the more extreme rock, isn't it?

But I know what you mean. It isn't for everybody.

Skav

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:13 pm

Skav,Skav,Skav.I read that you don't like RNB.That's just too bad,because over here in the States,the RnB that I've listened to since my childhood is pretty damn good!Granted,there are some people who have NO RIGHT trying to sing that particular music(Michael Bolton,for instance,but you can say that ALL RnB music is bad.Obviously you are not getting the PURE RnB style that I have the pleasure of listening to everday.Oh BTY,do you consider Incubus,Linkin' Park,or System of a Down,extreme rock? I was just curious because,guess what,I actually LIKE those three groups! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Just because I'm a black does'nt mean I just listen to RnB exclusively.When it comes to my taste in music,I try to keep an open mind. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:45 pm

Sorry, I just don't like RNB, period. If you want, head on over to http://on.starblvd.net/meet/matt_petch and RNB is explained there.

that's a totally diff forum (Excuse me Neil and KI) but i explained myself there.

i have nothing against blacks but yes, i am a goth and i love heavy metal. if u live in the UK then u'd understand the music thing here...too much RNB. look over that forum and look under a thread where i explain about RNB. u have my thoughts!

it has nothing to do whether ur black or white.

i am not rascist.

but when ur in the UK, u'll know about it!

Skav

Dana Knight
Volunteer

Post by Dana Knight » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:22 am

Wanna hear something funny!

I was about 2 when Knight Rider first came out, but New Zealand got Knight Rider a bit late, I think it was a year later. I remember watching Knight Song about 15 years ago and I liked it to tell you the truth, well I was a fan of the New Edition they were big back in the 80s. I still liked them even when Bobby Brown left.
Well to my point, I remember how Michael Jackson was the biggest thing alive back in the 80s and all you heard was Michael Jackson this, Michael Jackson that, Michael Jackson hair is on fire (from doing that Pepsi ad in 1984) Well I never knew what Michael Jackson looked like and I was a big Knight Rider fan back then too so since David Hasselhoff's name was Michael I thought he was Micheal Jackson and I use to call K.I.T.T "The Micheal Jackson Car" until my cousin corrected me in 1989, (I think as I was showing him my Micheal Knight Barbie) that his name was Micheal Knight it wasn't Micheal Jackson. Its funny now that I think about it. I totaly for got that David Hasselhoff was the Knight Rider untill I was in high school and I was no Baywatch fan but I knew who David Hasselhoff was I turn the TV on in 1997 and Knight Rider was on and I saw K.I.T.T for some reason I yelled out thats K.I.T.T (I remember his name) I saw David Hasselhoff and it all came back to me, and I relized how HOT! David Hasselhoff was back then.

Ms Garther Knight [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 24, 2002: Message edited by: Ms Garthe Knight ]

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:34 pm

I'm with ya, Soul Sista. There's something about R&B and hip hop that you can feel - it moves ya. Extreme rock for the most part just sounds like liquid rage spilling out through angry speakers. I just have a hard time understanding why people like that. I prefer something with some discernable rhythm...something to get a little groove goin' on. I guess people are just different.

Darknight

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:37 pm

Thanks for your support Darknight.And as for you Skav,you are entitled to your opinions;but to slam an entire genre of music where you don't know it's history is definetley going to get a response from me.If you noticed in my previous post,I did not say anything Negative about extreme rock/goth music.And when I mentioned if those three bands were considered extreme rock,you jumped to a whole different subject.And as for you saying that your not rascist,I'm very glad to here that,even though I did'nt say you were.Like I said before,I don't know what era of RnB music they are playing over in the UK; but in the States,people who have the TALENT to sing this kind of music will get their props from me,black,white,or otherwise.If they don't have the TALENT,then the next words that you will hear coming out of their mouths is "would you like paper or plastic." Peace Out@! [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]