new Knight Rider game images!!

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:05 pm

You may be right skav. I guess its just the effect they were going for. I always thought the sliding sunroofs were a bit unbelievable anyway. From what i recall the drivers one slid over to the passenger side, and vice verse, which didnt make alot of sense to me, especially if both needed to be opened at the same time. At least with the uprights both could be opened.

To go even further of topic, i was wondering if anyone knows exactly when the Autoroofs changed. The last episode i recall seeing the upright config was Knight of the Drones. I've always thought that the roofs changed after Kitt got blown up and Bonnie rebuilt him, but i really arnt sure.

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:12 pm

hmm...maybe one roof slid under the other, no need to slide on each other...

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:18 pm

This might sound a bit stupid, but for a while i thought the drivers one slid into the passeger one.

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:23 pm

I don't remember the dimensions...or have a photo of one of the roofs being open. I think they slid on the center (non-movable)area of the car's ceiling, and if they both opened they might have had a mechanism making one go under the other probably. Hm...btw KARR had the opening(not sliding) roofs? If he had sliding ones he would have an easier way to get Michael. (hm...bad fanfic KARR 'disguised' as KITT -back to red scanner that is, and no white lining- getting Michael inside opening the roof a bit, somehow making him stand: [immitating KITT's voice, forget about the panel, Michael never looked over the wheel as we know, he looked in the center so...]"Michael is that a flying donkey?" "Where?" "There look up a bit, wait I will open the roof, stand and see..." and then...chop chop). Man, I can be so mean! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
PS. not that it would work... [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[ October 17, 2002: Message edited by: Ghost Rider LSOV ]

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:37 pm

Ur right Leanne, I always wondered that too about why michael didn't just push KITT over onto all four's. Pretty dumb but yeah, i think it was the effect that made it look better visually!

maybe michael, being zapped of energy in the burning desert, couldn't be able to push kitt over or something??

Skav

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:14 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ghost Rider LSOV:
<STRONG>Hm...btw KARR had the opening(not sliding) roofs? If he had sliding ones he would have an easier way to get Michael. (hm...bad fanfic KARR 'disguised' as KITT -back to red scanner that is, and no white lining- getting Michael inside opening the roof a bit, somehow making him stand: [immitating KITT's voice, forget about the panel, Michael never looked over the wheel as we know, he looked in the center so...]"Michael is that a flying donkey?" "Where?" "There look up a bit, wait I will open the roof, stand and see..." and then...chop chop). Man, I can be so mean! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
PS. not that it would work... [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh...

Come to think of it...DID KARR ever open either sunroof? I don't remember there being any call for it.

I think KARR might do this instead...

KARR (Disguised as KITT.) - "I have grown tired of being ordered around by a human. Goodbye, Michael Knight! Pressurizing Left ejection seat to 6,000 PSI!"

Michael, pressing buttons and vocally pleading. - "KITT! Now, you're scaring me. Come on, buddy! Don't do this...at least, open the sunroof! KITT! KI..."

The sound of an extreme amount of pressure being released rings out throughout the cabin area, followed by an explosion of blood...

All too easy... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Leanne
Volunteer

Post by Leanne » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I think KARR might do this instead...

KARR (Disguised as KITT.) - "I have grown tired of being ordered around by a human. Goodbye, Michael Knight! Pressurizing Left ejection seat to 6,000 PSI!"

Michael, pressing buttons and vocally pleading. - "KITT! Now, you're scaring me. Come on, buddy! Don't do this...at least, open the sunroof! KITT! KI..."

The sound of an extreme amount of pressure being released rings out throughout the cabin area, followed by an explosion of blood...

All too easy... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh gosh, now I'd hate to try and get that out of the upholstery!!!

dinknight
Volunteer

Post by dinknight » Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:29 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jup:
[QB]

Heh...

Come to think of it...DID KARR ever open either sunroof? I don't remember there being any call for it.

QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think it was when he ejected one of the guys who 'stole' him after helping the guy get the jewels from the warehouse.

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:34 am

Somehow the blood explosion and the slow death creeped me out...ok, I won't post anything about chopping stuff again...maybe KITT blowing up (which hurts less since he is a machine, got blown up many times and rebuilt.)

situ
Volunteer

Post by situ » Fri Oct 18, 2002 8:45 am

Is there any fanfic's about these together? Image Image

Garth could be alive, he could save Goliath and use K.A.R.R's parts to modify it. Goliath would be bad news for FLAG with K.A.R.R's evil looking scanner in the front gril and K.A.R.R's AI installed.

Pictures are from here

[ October 18, 2002: Message edited by: Zed ]

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:04 am

Hm...Goliath with KARR's AI and scanner...well, I think he would need a bigger scanner to be viewable from far (Goliath is quite a big truck). Other than that...a terrifying thought for Micheal and KITT. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

situ
Volunteer

Post by situ » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:14 am

We all know that KITT and KARR has those scanners to "scan". The scanning effect is cool, but it is not there because it makes those cars look better. Besides it does not matter so much in fanfiction.

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:58 am

was there not a fanfic which had someone take KARR's CPU from the desert and install it in Goliath? or am i dreaming again? (*some* might call me obsessed!)

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:53 pm

i remeber reading on one of the TKR fan fictions that the truck had the scanner. I beleve it was done by Ben Thunderburner AKA Jake S of TKR2