Dexter's KITT

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Dexter's KITT

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:30 pm

In the episode "Photo Finish" of Dexter's Laboratory, Dexter's sister takes pictures of his secret lab. He is worried that when his mother picks up the developed film, she will learn all of his secrets. He summons his "kit car" to chase after Mom and stop her from seeing the photos.

Here's a short clip showing the car, with HEAVY Knight Rider influence. (244k QuickTime)
http://www.knightridermovie.com/mpegs/dexter.mov

(I cheated and used iMovie to do the clip, and it shows. But it's just SO much easier than Final Cut Pro.)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Dexter's KITT

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:38 am

Wow, you sure are catching up on the clips here, Mike. Very interesting.

knightimmortal

kitt88
Stranger

Dexter's KITT

Post by kitt88 » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:37 am

it is interesting how they even had a scanner light on the front of the car!

tell me if u have found anything else (like a cartoon clip of any kind) that is not knight rider itself, and has KITT in it. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ps+ if u want to listen to the knight rider, knight rider 2000, or kr2010 theme songs, go to KR Themes

KRAvenger
Rookie

Dexter's KITT

Post by KRAvenger » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:52 am

I remember Mike doing this before. (I know You too well.)

JL
Operative

Dexter's KITT

Post by JL » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:41 am

Cute...

Unfortunately they had to ruin the effect by making "KITT" a black sedan coming out of the Batcave... [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

knightrider_ni
Operative

Dexter's KITT

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chessman180:
<STRONG>it is interesting how they even had a scanner light on the front of the car!

tell me if u have found anything else (like a cartoon clip of any kind) that is not knight rider itself, and has KITT in it. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ps+ if u want to listen to the knight rider, knight rider 2000, or kr2010 theme songs, go to KR Themes</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe, remember "knight boat" from the simpsons? roflmao!! that was a classic example! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Dexter's KITT

Post by Centaurus17 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:33 pm

Hahaha "Quiet!! I will not hear another word against the boat..." [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'm sure most of you know but KITT was also seen in the home movie made for Homer. I believe William Daniels did the voice as well...

[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

Excelsior
Volunteer

Dexter's KITT

Post by Excelsior » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:54 pm

KITT appeared in a Futurama episode about a devilish car, if that's the sort of thing you're after - very, very brief appearance...

knightrider_ni
Operative

Dexter's KITT

Post by knightrider_ni » Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:23 am

yeh i remember that getting mentioned before, and i finally got the chance to see it on channel four last week or so. the car was something akin to christine wasn't it? lol. can't remember what they said in retort to the "KITT wasn't evil" line, but i remember it was funny!

and in knight boat: "oh, there's always a jeti (or whatever it was) in the way every week." [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] (ok, quote's a bit off, but you get the drift [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

LoneKnight
Rookie

Dexter's KITT

Post by LoneKnight » Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:00 pm

Remember ye old Celebrity Deathmatch? When Hasselholf went up against....help me out here....John Tesh was it? Anyway, KITT appeared as a Dune Buggy. Either to spoof the cartoon with a talking Dune Buggy (Can't remember the name), or poking fun at KR and Baywatch.
David won that fight, am I correct?

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Dexter's KITT

Post by Dave Knight » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightrider_ni:
<STRONG>yeh i remember that getting mentioned before, and i finally got the chance to see it on channel four last week or so. the car was something akin to christine wasn't it? lol. can't remember what they said in retort to the "KITT wasn't evil" line, but i remember it was funny!

and in knight boat: "oh, there's always a jeti (or whatever it was) in the way every week." [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] (ok, quote's a bit off, but you get the drift [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was something like this:
"the steering wheel from Hitler's car, the turn signal from Charles Mansons van, and the windsheild wipers from the car from Knight Rider"
"He wasnt evil"
"No, but his winsheild wipers were, it just wasnt mentioned in many episodes" or something like that

knightrider_ni
Operative

Dexter's KITT

Post by knightrider_ni » Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:44 am

roflmao! brilliant! thanks, that'll stop my brain from "fry"ing trying to remember it

(sorry about that!)

and yeh, i remember the dune buggy, a double-spoof of baywatch and kr, not sure which cartoon you're talking about though!