My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:39 am

Here's some "old" news which I just stumbled upon.... The writer and star of the sleeper hit "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" is Nia Vardalos, none other than the voice of Domino in Team Knight Rider. And to think we knew her when she was just a flashy sports car that dented easily...

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:57 am

Scott K. brought that up about a month ago, but thanks for reminding us. And get this, she is now in the stages of developing the movie into a TV series in which she will supposedly star in.

knightimmortal

JL
Operative

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by JL » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>Scott K. brought that up about a month ago, but thanks for reminding us. And get this, she is now in the stages of developing the movie into a TV series in which she will supposedly star in.

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but apparently the suits over at CBS think that a title which uses the word "fat" will be too offensive, so they're making her re-name it My Big Loud Greek Family. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JL:
<STRONG>

Yeah, but apparently the suits over at CBS think that a title which uses the word "fat" will be too offensive, so they're making her re-name it My Big Loud Greek Family. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are completely governed by Political Correctness aren't we!

K.I.T.T

Knightwinger
Stranger

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by Knightwinger » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:53 pm

They are thinking of making this movie to a TV series? I watched the movie but never understand what was so special about it and why many people liked it so much. [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:38 pm

Because it is cutsiepie, somewhat entertaining, and yeah, (this should get me killed, but considering I am female...shoot me) a chick flick. All this, and it is an indie film, and written and starred in by a virtual unknown, it has a tendency of being a bit of a 'Cinderella Story'.

In other words, it is the hype that is not in the movie that is keeping it ahead of the pack.

knightimmortal

neps
Site Administrator

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by neps » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:08 pm

hey, I saw that movie, and although I was with a 'chick' when I saw it, I was very much entertained. It may have helped that a good friend of mine is greek and it reminded me of that, but i was very entertained.

I too had forgotten that she was the voice of domino, until a recent interview brought it up. I'm glad Mike posted about it since Scotts post never got any replies.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:01 am

Yeah- I guess the topics I make that are KR related don't matter much when they come from me [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neps:
<STRONG>I'm glad Mike posted about it since Scotts post never got any replies.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

neps
Site Administrator

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by neps » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:05 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Kirkessner:
<STRONG>Yeah- I guess the topics I make that are KR related don't matter much when they come from me [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey no self pitty please! i would have replied to it, but I missed the topic myself. It wasn't personal. (that time. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img])

M!5
Volunteer

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by M!5 » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K.I.T.T:
<STRONG>

We are completely governed by Political Correctness aren't we!

K.I.T.T</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's actually not politically correct to say 'politically correct' now.

You have to be culturally sensitive. It's a load of rubbish designed to make people be quiet, if you ask me.

I'm very politically insensitive, and culturally incorrect!

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:57 pm

LMAO! i don't believe it!! lol

K.I.T.T
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by jup » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knight Rebel:
<STRONG>

It's actually not politically correct to say 'politically correct' now.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*sigh* Who's in charge of this stuff?

Actually...don't answer that. I never really cared, to begin with. The golden rule about treating others as you would want yourself treated as still works better.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

My Big Fat TKR Wedding

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:27 pm

And we wouldn't want to insult the grand poobah PC tight a** who creates this stuff. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightimmortal